PI Replay Officially A Disaster

More Cowbell

This is actually very reminiscent of what happened when the CFL 1st brought in challenges.  The refs and later booth reviewers treated it as a personal insult to them that people called for a review and this refused to overturn anything.

There is no excuse in the whole wide world for them not to make that call last night.

It actually smacks of gambling and game line fixing.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Mike135 said:

But you don't think these recent Jet games were trash?

1 hour ago, Mark78 said:

And the Jets game isn’t trash...lmfao

ahh...Mike135 beat me to it

The Jets are an addiction.  It’s different trash.  My trash, if you will.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

It was a ridiculous decision to make this rule just because the saints couldn't stop crying.  

If Jets ever got that close in post season and missed out because a call  like that I would have went from crying to Possibly FBI most wanted list. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

It's obvious to the entire country that the Patriots are the chose ones & they're set up like a champion boxer. You don't just have to compete with them on a level playing field to beat them you have to play stupendous to overcome the lack of calls against them Holding at the Oline, grabbing in the secondary & pushing off like Edelman & Gordon do all the time. 

Listen, just change that scenario last night to the Jets playing the role of the Patriots & the play being reviewed was Buster Skrine grabbing twice & turning Golden Tate. You tell me if that play is upheld.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

53 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It's obvious to the entire country that the Patriots are the chose ones & they're set up like a champion boxer. You don't just have to compete with them on a level playing field to beat them you have to play stupendous to overcome the lack of calls against them Holding at the Oline, grabbing in the secondary & pushing off like Edelman & Gordon do all the time. 

Listen, just change that scenario last night to the Jets playing the role of the Patriots & the play being reviewed was Buster Skrine grabbing twice & turning Golden Tate. You tell me if that play is upheld.

I think it's  deeper that this. Even though I think this officiating  crew should be disciplined, coaches and refs are clearly not on the same page with how this rule is supposed to be enforced. You have almost 80% of plays being upheld.  That shows a disconnect. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, JiF said:

This is precisely why I won’t watch the NFL other than Jets games anymore.  The product is straight trash.  

I’ve watched probably about 2.5 quarters of NFL total so far this year. Mostly was just in the background I’d pop my head up at some point every time and say this is sh*t and change the channel. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’ve watched probably about 2.5 quarters of NFL total so far this year. Mostly was just in the background I’d pop my head up at some point every time and say this is sh*t and change the channel. 

I can't watch it anymore.

Every game, some crap call, some crap roughing the passer, it's un watchable.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, HessStation said:

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I can't watch it anymore.

Every game, some crap call, some crap roughing the passer, it's un watchable.

Yep!  If my dog aint in the fight, it's legit, unwatchable.  It's worse than WWE now.  

But I'll be watching Football today from noon till midnight.  

College > Pros and it aint even close. 

• Upvote 3

I don’t mind the rule itself. The play the other night should have been a clear penalty and made for these types of reviews. This should have been a perfect call to overturn. Officials are human and can miss calls. They may not be looking for the play to go there and had their eyes elsewhere. The Giants staff knew the play and watched it unfold. Since the game was probably out of reach at that point and call would have done little to change the game to a Giants loss. The officials should have just taken the hit of a blown call and this would have been a non-issue.

We all know the Patriots will have a review when needed on a ticky-tack call that will get reversed in the playoffs. We will then hear how the officials heard from the fans about the reversals and made an 11th hour change to the calls.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

As far as the Pat's, I remember when the Tom Brady rule went into effect about hitting low. During a game there was a player that a player was tripped and fell and made contact with Brady's lower body. Brady screamed at the official to throw a flag which it appeared he was not going to and after the protest, the official threw it and it was a 15 yard penalty  and automatic  first down on an incomplete pass. It is stunning the favoritism that team receives 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, JiF said:

This is precisely why I won’t watch the NFL other than Jets games anymore.  The product is straight trash.  

I used to pay for SundayTicket on DirecTV.  I stopped around 5 years ago because I found I no longer enjoyed watching the constant blizzard of yellow flags after every pass attempt when it wasn't the Jets playing and the obvious bias towards a few 'anointed' teams.  Thought it would be hard, but I never actually felt even a pang of regret.  I strongly believe that this same story could be told by thousands or tens of thousands of people.  Maybe broadcast advertising is making up the difference for now, but eventually, this is going to catch up with the NFL.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If Jets ever got that close in post season and missed out because a call  like that I would have went from crying to Possibly FBI most wanted list. 

It already happened.  See time mark 1:36:00

FYI - Have to watch it on YouTube, blocked on this site.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

If the Jets aren't playing I don't even stay up past halftime. Anyone paying for Ads lost me already. 

On 10/12/2019 at 7:16 AM, The Crusher said:

All NO had to do was run the ball on that last possession, they would have left LA with no time.  Then they won the toss but turned it over.  The call was brutal (and we'd all be in whining too) but NO lost because of what they did, not because of that call.