Gregg Williams: Leo has been ‘unbelievable’

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I know it sounds crazy but one possibility is that the coaches know more than people on the internet.

Not with this team.  We have seen it FAR too often where the Fans are a step ahead of the press and two steps ahead of the coaching and front office.

Also they can like it or not but a 6th overall pick who is going to want big money doing a job a late round pick or udfa can do is a factor.

I do think they are shopping him and Williams is an old vet that is pumping up the tires.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Aside from the obvious "Get your popcorn, this is going to be a great thread" remark...

This just shows how very little most fans know about football and individual players, and how actual coaches and GMs evaluate them.

It's normal that we as fans have opinions about different teams and players, and it's fun coming to a place like this to talk about them. But at the end of the day, we rarely have a clue what we're talking about.

Nah. Trade deadline is coming up later this month. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:
Also Gase on him is hilarious:

Sooooo why don’t we ask Leo to do what Donald does?! Seems to be working for him. But it’s obvious that was a “here’s a bs answer for you” from Gase. 

Ha!

I'd suggest that Adam Gase approach Leo and politely tap him on the shoulder and ask him to now start sacking the quarterback.  I mean....you don't really know until you ask, right?

Maybe they've just been asking him to stand at the Line of Scrimmage on every play and dance with offensive linemen?  We don't really know for sure.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Also Gase on him is hilarious: 

Sooooo why don’t we ask Leo to do what Donald does?! Seems to be working for him. But it’s obvious that was a “here’s a bs answer for you” from Gase. 

Still don’t understand why coaches seem to support him so much. 

They "support" to trade him.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

You really think so Rob?

Would that work in a sport like football where there is so much film available on a player like Leo?

What other explanation is there? He's been even worse this year than in years past. 

And I know PFF is not gospel and has their flaws but he's one of the lowest rated DT's in the entire league.

Focus in on him a few series next game.....you'll see what I'm talking about. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not with this team.  We have seen it FAR too often where the Fans are a step ahead of the press and two steps ahead of the coaching and front office.

Also they can like it or not but a 6th overall pick who is going to want big money doing a job a late round pick or udfa can do is a factor.

I do think they are shopping him and Williams is an old vet that is pumping up the tires.

That's Fuc... priceless. Posters know what they're watching more than Gregg Williams. Williams also has the benefit of isolating on film a certain player's contribution. That's how teams grade players.

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think he's been pretty bad this year.  Conversely I don't think he was ever as bad as he got labeled prior to this year.

There is a difference between being a bad player and not living up to expectations.  Leonard Williams is a good player, in my opinion.  He just isn't the type of player you want at #6 in the draft. 

He’s just....very average. He needs to be on a deep dline with a good pass rusher. Otherwise he’s just gonna keep getting stuffed by his double teams. 

His attitude also sucks but that’s another story. Curious how the other players feel about him. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, genot said:

That's Fuc... priceless. Posters know what they're watching more than Gregg Williams. Williams also has the benefit of isolating on film a certain player's contribution. That's how teams grade players.

Still holding out hope he gets to 10 sacks this year? LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

What other explanation is there? He's been even worse this year than in years past. 

And I know PFF is not gospel and has their flaws but he's one of the lowest rated DT's in the entire league.

Focus in on him a few series next game.....you'll see what I'm talking about. 

Ok, I'll do that.

I'm not disagreeing, I can't say I think he's looked good, because how would I make an argument that he has?

This whole thing with Gase and GW coming out and supporting him just to build up his trade value just doesn't fly with me though, but what do I know?

I know it sounds crazy, but my first reaction to this was, "Oh crap, they want to give him a new contact..." I guess we'll see in a few weeks what this is really all about.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This just shows how very little most fans know about football and individual players, and how actual coaches and GMs evaluate them. 

It's normal that we as fans have opinions about different teams and players, and it's fun coming to a place like this to talk about them. But at the end of the day, we rarely have a clue what we're talking about. 

Would you expect them to tank any potential trade value if they agreed with the fans? I don't hear tough love from many coaches these days. Plenty of posters, not me as I don't watch college football, said Hackenburg would suck and what do you know despite being drafted high second round...

38 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Fingers crossed they're talking him up to elevate his trade value????

Several contenders need DL help—particularly the Chiefs and Cowboys. The fact that both Greggggg and Gase are offering up similar accolades is proof enough that Leonard is eminently on the block.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Several contenders need DL help—particularly the Chiefs and Cowboys. The fact that both Greggggg and Gase are offering up similar accolades is proof enough that Leonard is eminently on the block.

Would be a good week for Leonard to have the game if his life then.  Jerry seems like the type to overreact to something like that.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2