Why is he not a Hc somewhere?

Skeptable

3 hours ago, Skeptable said:

This guy can lead. You can see why the Browns started winning when he took over and now they struggle... 

I know it's an uncommon opinion but I think this would be a much better team if he was HC and DC and Gase was just the OC. After hearing this press conference along with all the other interviews and presser he has done, I hope the Jets don't lose him, a bit old school, but knows what people need to be motivated. 

bountygate.  plain and simple.  as a head coach he'd probably be a step above fisher and maybe even with marrone or rex.  and look at a guy like wade phillips.  he was not that good as a head coach but i would take him in a heart beat for my defensive coach.

Williams is fine where he is as a DC. It has been pointed out numerous times in this thread that there is a big difference between a DC and an HC. Williams seems ok in his first few seasons and then wears out his welcome. Hopefully that trend is behind him now and he sticks here to at least build something. If he goes to one of the HC gigs so be it. I would prefer him to stay for at least a few drafts to get some new blood in here on D though.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Um, Mayfield did ok last year as a rookie despite a midseason coaching change. Who is Mayfield's coach this year?

Same guy that was his OC or do you feel Williams was coaching the O? I would also point out Mayfield had a poor record against winning teams last season, not that anyone really would care to talk about that. 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Good call.

Weren't they the team he was talking with last offseason when we were trying to finalize his deal? If I remember correctly, he was negotiating with both the Jets and the Skins for a DC position.

Yup, after meeting with the Jets the Skins called him late in the game.  supposedly Snyder loved him and we know how that pinhead runs his team.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

That doesn't make him a fraud. His success in fact speaks otherwise. However, I can see people under him wearing thin if they are insecure and soft. I myself would prefer a strong leader who doesn't coddle the people under him and calls it like it is. Once people stop being honest with themselves and those around them that is when you see organizations sink as everyone becomes complacent while patting each other on the back.

What success?  He is mediocre at best, and his hard ass routine is contrived. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Agreed but performed extremely well when given the chance in Cleveland 

He also stunk it up in BUF as a HC... Did everyone just forget he had a shot? 

That said, i thought (and even more so with current happenings) he did a fine shop in CLE getting that train on track. If we want to kick Gase to the curb, i'm fine with giving him a run. 

Problem is, who runs the O? Gase's whipping boy? I don't think so. 

21 minutes ago, Paradis said:

That said, i thought (and even more so with current happenings) he did a fine shop in CLE getting that train on track. If we want to kick Gase to the curb, i'm fine with giving him a run. 

And Gase stunk it up in Miami and is now stinking it up here

Why is OC so important we went to back to back AFCGs with idiot Brian Schottenheimer and made multiple playoffs with Paul Can’t Hackett 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And Gase stunk it up in Miami and is now stinking it up here

Why is OC so important we went to back to back AFCGs with idiot Brian Schottenheimer and made multiple playoffs with Paul Can’t Hackett 

That's not the question, Dr Phil. The point i made was if you fire Gase right now, Loggains is not going run the O. So who is? I'm not sure we have anyone of worth to step in. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

That's not the question, Dr Phil. The point i made was if you fire Gase right now, Loggains is not going run the O. So who is? I'm not sure we have anyone of worth to step in. 

Loggains would be OC.  Why not?  We have made the playoffs with worse OCs

Williams is basically half in on the HC anyways. 

Jets again went with the siloed approach. Rhule would have been the CEO/culture guy. 

Both can work but with ownership being a disjointed clutter, Rhule probably would have been the better fit. Not sure how much rope the Johnson’s would have given him though.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Williams is basically half in on the HC anyways. 

Jets again went with the siloed approach. Rhuke would have been the CEO/culture guy.

Gase is a cancer it doesn’t matter if Williams is more of a presence than the average DC

Did Simian or Falk look even remotely prepared?

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gase is a cancer it doesn’t matter if Williams is more of a presence than the average DC

Did Simian or Falk look even remotely prepared?

Gase is the typical lower tier HC. The Jets are a lower tier team. Until the personnel improves nothing is going to change anyways.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Gase is the typical lower tier HC. The Jets are a lower tier team. Until the person will improves nothing is going to change anyways.

That’s why I also think Gase’s puppet Douglas needs to go before he does an Idzik and totally botches the next draft

• WTF? 1

50 minutes ago, Paradis said:

My guess is it would be Jim Bob Cooter our running backs coach.  He has experience as an OC.  It’s a moot point anyway because there isn’t going to be a change.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

With Cleveland the team did all right with GW and jimbob cooter would probably step in as OC

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Same guy that was his OC or do you feel Williams was coaching the O? I would also point out Mayfield had a poor record against winning teams last season, not that anyone really would care to talk about that. 

A team that hadn't won in almost two seasons with a rookie QB and mid season coaching change had trouble against good teams. Really, never would have guessed.

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/12/2019 at 8:18 AM, Skeptable said:

This guy can lead. You can see why the Browns started winning when he took over and now they struggle... 

I know it's an uncommon opinion but I think this would be a much better team if he was HC and DC and Gase was just the OC. After hearing this press conference along with all the other interviews and presser he has done, I hope the Jets don't lose him, a bit old school, but knows what people need to be motivated. 

I think he is great. One thing I s experienced in my career is there is a backlash to being bold and confident. The sensitive types tend to villainize you. It begins working against you if you don’t find the right culture/situation to shine in.

• Upvote 2

On 10/12/2019 at 9:50 AM, More Cowbell said:

Maybe he does, maybe we get someone like the last 10 OC's who have been through here. I don't  want to risk Williams  makes a good or bad choice at the position. I'd rather just get someone who can develop Sam as the HC so we know that guy is in place. I mean do you think Kitchens is doing a good job developing Mayfield? 

So let me get this straight.  Because of our horrendous record of hiring offensive coordinators we should choose an offensive coordinator as our head coach?