The Sporting News Feb 5 Update!!!!!

The Fat Man

"Some medical people believe Pennington never will make it back to 100 percent."

Even a 100%, PennyBoy is nothing more than a mediocre NFL QB.

Jets need to cut ties with this fraud and move on in another direction.

Penny has always been solid. I'd like to see another QB take a team to within a barely missed feildgoal of the AFC Championship while playing 3/4 of the season with a strained rotator cuff and a torn labrum. He's accurate, tough and fiesty, he's a leader and a classy guy who'll never embarass the team by banging strippers two at a time after renting out the Circle Line. So, TX, I ask you as a gentleman to please leave the poor, broken farmboy alone and begin redoubling your efforts at bashing our FO for drafting the most overpriced, underperforming D-Tackle in recent history. Penny will never be the bust that Rerun has become. Bradway must eat **** for that one.

Penny has always been solid. I'd like to see another QB take a team to within a barely missed feildgoal of the AFC Championship while playing 3/4 of the season with a strained rotator cuff and a torn labrum. He's accurate, tough and fiesty, he's a leader and a classy guy who'll never embarass the team by banging strippers two at a time after renting out the Circle Line. So, TX, I ask you as a gentleman to please leave the poor, broken farmboy alone and begin redoubling your efforts at bashing our FO for drafting the most overpriced, underperforming D-Tackle in recent history. Penny will never be the bust that Rerun has become. Bradway must eat **** for that one.

Come on Lance, PennyBoy has been my best material since he was an over rated dump-off QB all the way back in 2002.

I have never questioned his courage or desire to play the game. I do give him a hell of a lot of credit for that.

My problem is he was never as good as the vast majority of Jet fans said he was, even 100% healthy. I called that back in 2002 and all you guys kept saying was "PennyBoy is a much better QB than Brady".

So forgive me for being absolutely right 4 years ago.;)

Archived