college game day...

Beerfish

Just now, RobR said:

And another dumb move pulling Trask after he just marched them down the field. Don't care about the int.....keep doing that and it disrupts the entire flow of the O 

It's so stupid. I wouldn't like it, but I could see if they gave the other kid one series a half, but this yoyo sh*t is ridiculous.

And as I'm typing this LSU lands the haymaker...

3 minutes ago, RobR said:

And another dumb move pulling Trask after he just marched them down the field. Don't care about the int.....keep doing that and it disrupts the entire flow of the O 

Agreed.  And I turned to my boy when Jones was in the game and said, I feel like Trask deserved to stay in the game.  And then wham!  Pick.  Haha totally my fault 

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed.  And I turned to my boy when Jones was in the game and said, I feel like Trask deserved to stay in the game.  And then wham!  Pick.  Haha totally my fault 

Trask is ballin tonight. You never should take him out and he can also run the ball. Bad coaching

Just now, RobR said:

Trask is ballin tonight. You never should take him out and he can also run the ball. Bad coaching

I really like Mullen and think he’s one of the best play callers in the biz but I agree and really hope he doesn’t do this vs.  Georgia 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I really like Mullen and think he’s one of the best play callers in the biz but I agree and really hope he doesn’t do this vs.  Georgia 

Your team is fun to watch. They gave LSU everything they had tonight in Death Valley.

What a gauntlet the SEC is though...

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Your team is fun to watch. They gave LSU everything they had tonight in Death Valley.

What a gauntlet the SEC is though...

F’ing brutal.  2 back to back top 10 games.  And another (assuming we stay top 10) in 2 weeks vs Georgia but before that we have South Carolina riding high off their upset.  Ugh.  Going to need the D to get healthy.  Can’t put it all on Trask.  

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

Their entire team is legit. Already watched them three times this year and they are loaded on both sides. 

They always are, will be fun to watch them vs Bama.  

We just aren’t there yet.  Mullen needs to start pulling some 5 stars.  Games like this will help. Even in a loss.  Got to beat Georgia though . 

34 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Is it just me or is the officiating in college much better than in the NFL. I feel like they only call egregious penalties, or penalties that truly affect the play. I feel like there's a nicer flow to the game in college because there not picking up penalty flags every other play like they do in the NFL.

I totally agree and some of the rules are much better as well.  I've always like the pi penalty yardage, the targeting and the objectionable conduct.

I'm a bigger pro sports fan because I have set teams to cheer for but just watching games I feel college football and especially college basketball is far superior.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JiF said:

They always are, will be fun to watch them vs Bama.  

We just aren’t there yet.  Mullen needs to start pulling some 5 stars.  Games like this will help. Even in a loss.  Got to beat Georgia though . 

No doubt.  Let’s face it, no one has done less with great recruiting classes than LSU in recent history.  Les Miles squandered top 5 after top 5 recruiting classes.   LSU has always had the talent to win Natty’s, they’ve lacked the coaching to do so IMO.  Now, with this new offensive approach their defense doesn’t need to shut out teams to win.  It allows them to take more chances on D because their offense can routinely score 30 points.  I think they’re playing the best football in the country right now.  Most balanced team out there.  

U of Florida should be dominating the state of Florida in recruiting, with FSU and Miami being as bad as they are, UF has no excuses for letting those 5 stars leave the state.  

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JiF said:

F’ing brutal.  2 back to back top 10 games.  And another (assuming we stay top 10) in 2 weeks vs Georgia but before that we have South Carolina riding high off their upset.  Ugh.  Going to need the D to get healthy.  Can’t put it all on Trask.  

Assuming you stay in the top 10?  I am more concerned about us after that performance yesterday.  You lost on the road against a top 5 team and hung with them through most of the game.  We lost at home to an unranked team and looked like sh!t. 

Based on yesterday's games, Gators should be a 10 point favorite against us.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

No doubt.  Let’s face it, no one has done less with great recruiting classes than LSU in recent history.  Les Miles squandered top 5 after top 5 recruiting classes.   LSU has always had the talent to win Natty’s, they’ve lacked the coaching to do so IMO.  Now, with this new offensive approach their defense doesn’t need to shut out teams to win.  It allows them to take more chances on D because their offense can routinely score 30 points.  I think they’re playing the best football in the country right now.  Most balanced team out there.  

U of Florida should be dominating the state of Florida in recruiting, with FSU and Miami being as bad as they are, UF has no excuses for letting those 5 stars leave the state.  

Agreed.  They put as much into the league as anyone but this team is different. Burrow is the real deal.  He put on a show last night.

I never expected to win that game but man, that ended up being a coulda woulda shoulda.  They had the opportunities, took the lead, etc but at the end of the day putting the game on Trask to win it was their downfall.  With no D, barely a running game, you were asking a kid who has never started a road game in his life including High School to go toe to toe with the best offense in the country in Death Valley at night...and ****!  He almost did!!!

If the Gators cant get 5 starts, this will be the story of Mullen's tenure at Florida.  Taking knives to gun fights but still winning or taking teams to the wire.  As great as Trask played, you need a superstar QB to win the game.  We dont have that...yet!  But you have to think national performances like this is going to help on the recruiting trail.  The biggest challenge we face though is our facilities.  We're so far behind our peers and more focused on being a top 5 Academic school that I'm afraid the program will get funding last.

46 minutes ago, Lith said:

Assuming you stay in the top 10?  I am more concerned about us after that performance yesterday.  You lost on the road against a top 5 team and hung with them through most of the game.  We lost at home to an unranked team and looked like sh!t. 

Based on yesterday's games, Gators should be a 10 point favorite against us.

True.  I doubt you guys fall out of top 10 though.  I still think baring an upset next week that the game in Jax will be featuring 2 top 10 teams.  3 in 4 weeks for the Gators.  lol  Brutal