Jets Extend Contract of NT Steve McLendon

Jetmech

10 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Am I the only one wondering why the hell this was something that needed to be done now? We talkin about a 33 year old DT on the edge of retirement. 

Personally, I'd look to lock up Robby on a 3 or 4 year deal while he's been playing with a 3rd string QB and looks like sh*t. 

Where do you get that he's on he edge of retirement?  He was given a one year extension, though 2020.   

It's not a big deal and doesn't get in the way of Robbie.  Plus you're dreaming if you think Robbie's going to negotiate a new 4 deal based on his numbers with a 3rd string QB.  As if Robbie and his agent wouldn't bring that up  

10 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Am I the only one wondering why the hell this was something that needed to be done now? We talkin about a 33 year old DT on the edge of retirement. 

Personally, I'd look to lock up Robby on a 3 or 4 year deal while he's been playing with a 3rd string QB and looks like sh*t. 

Cause he sucks at everything except running fast down the field.  

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because fans don't understand that most players don't like leaving and starting over somewhere else under most situations.  Picking a different situation doesn't always work out. 

oh, yes, I'm certain Robby would be thrilled to take a lower contract on a team that he believes didn't use him correctly because..he doesn't want to move..

27 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

oh, yes, I'm certain Robby would be thrilled to take a lower contract on a team that he believes didn't use him correctly because..he doesn't want to move..

Who the F said he would take a lower contract?

Just as who the F said he believe he's going to be used correctly once Sam and others are back? 

And what's wrong in what I said?  You can go somewhere and that situation can change in a heartbeat, their HC, QB can be gone in a second.  Things change, your old team can improve 

So yeah, stay certain, sure that any other situation is better than where he is.  

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The post I quoted...see you still don't know how forums work...

And again, who said he would take a lower contract here?  If you're quoting yourself since you added it, congratulations.  In actuality you quoted me and I never mentioned money. 

Youre the one struggling with the concept of a discussion by talking to yourself.  Kind of how forums work, not talking to yourself

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And again, who said he would take a lower contract here?  If you're quoting yourself since you added it, congratulations.  In actuality you quoted me and I never mentioned money. 

Youre the one struggling with the concept of a discussion by talking to yourself.  Kind of how forums work, not talking to yourself

Why do you insist on embarrassing yourself? 

OF77WU0.png

31 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Why do you insist on embarrassing yourself? 

OF77WU0.png

I didnt say he would take less money, why would he?  Who said we wont get paid what hes worth here?  Thats a separate post, from someone else, and you responding to someone else.  Not the post where you asked me why he would take less, you know the one I responded to.  

Im not going to with argue with you over idea that he would go somewhere else because it would be a better situation compared to the last 4 games.  You can stick to the money aspect, the grass is always greener aspect.  If you don't get the gist of the conversation good for you.  It's Sunday, I'm relaxing 😎 

Just said Leo is garnering interest on Sunday Countdown.  Thats why McClendon was extended.  Jets supposedly have no interest but Gregg said how great Leo has been doing.  Seems fishy.   Please JD don't be like Mac. Get what you can for this stiff before the NFL figures out he sucks.

1 minute ago, DJF71 said:

Just said Leo is garnering interest on Sunday Countdown.  Thats why McClendon was extended.  Jets supposedly have no interest but Gregg said how great Leo has been doing.  Seems fishy.   Please JD don't be like Mac. Get what you can for this stiff before the NFL figures out he sucks.

Talking up Leo....but extending McClendon, having Henry Anderson on multi-year deal, having QW for 4+ years.....THAT is a recipe for setting up Leo for a trade.

6 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

If JD pulls off trading that sack of potatoes, I’ll be thrilled and very hopefully of the future with him as GM.