Leonard Williams drawing interest from other teams per Schefter

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Especially if the trade partner is a team competing for the playoffs like KC, etc. They will be drafting late so it would be a late second round pick. 

I'd want a 2nd and 5th from kc.  Not sure they're in the market though as they've traded a lot of picks of late.

19 minutes ago, Pac said:

D line is an area we can afford to lose a good player but nothing less than a 2nd rounder.

I'd bring back Bronson Kaufusi in a heartbeat to fill that spot.

Henry Andeson, McClendon, QW, Kaufusi and a few other decent depth guys would keep the Jets decent on the DLine.

• Upvote 3

I feel like I've always leaned towards defending Leo than ragging on him, because he does often get pressure if not sacks. Though I have to say I'm not at all impressed with his output this season so far.

But I feel like the possibility of trading him goes beyond ones current opinion of the guy simply because we probably have enough on this defensive line without him to survive. Maybe Anderson, Q and McClendon aren't the Sons at their peak, not the least of which being because Steve Mac is up there in years. But I think the reality is we really can role with them and without Leo for a couple years without much trouble. Further there are other spots I'd like to address with draft capital, in particular the offensive line. (If you ask me I'm ready to completely sell out for investments at o-line next offseason.)

It's really a matter of resource management more than being any slight on the guy. The Jets don't have a lot to trade, and being young, decently productive and at a position we have some leeway on, he's the best they have to offer.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You guys are ridiculous if you think a team is giving up a 2nd round pick for this scrub. I’d gladly eat crow. 

The talks would start with a 2nd..  Why would you take anything less when they can get a 3rd round comp pick for letting him walk.  He's going to become a very rich man next year whether it's the Jets or another team.  Followed by many of you acting shocked that he got that big of a contract.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

2nd round  pick for Leo its going to happen . 

I don’t expect it, but I can’t say I’d be shocked.

I thought the Jets would probably get a 4th or a conditional 5th for Sheldon.

We ended up getting a 2nd from Seattle and a decent #2 receiver at the time in Kearse. And Sheldon was one failed piss test away from a 10 game suspension.

Leo has zero off the field concerns.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I wouldn’t take a damn thing for Bell. That’s our future hall of famer now. Fix the OL and be happy with what we have back there.

Are we really keeping Bell beyond next year?  I'd much rather trade him and draft a young player.  I'm still of the opinion that if you draft a good OL, you can plug in a RB and he'll be fine.

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Pac said:

The talks would start with a 2nd..  Why would you take anything less when they can get a 3rd round comp pick for letting him walk.  He's going to become a very rich man next year whether it's the Jets or another team.  Followed by many of you acting shocked that he got that big of a contract.

That's no guarantee. And at best, it would be something like the last pick in the third round in 2021 vs. a higher third round pick in 2020. A third would definitely be on the table. 

• Upvote 3

https://thejetpress.com/2019/10/13/new-york-jets-leonard-williams-bidding/

Per Adam Schefter, the price for Williams would be in a similar range or even higher than other deals we’ve seen in the last two years for other defenders.

For example, the Houston Texans traded former No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney to the Seattle Seahawks for a third-round draft choice, Barkevious Mingo and Jacob Martin.

The other example from 2018 was the Jacksonville Jaguars sent pass rusher Dante Fowler Jr. to the Los Angeles Rams for third and fifth-round draft picks.

Schefter is reporting that the Jets can get at least that and probably even more stemming from a possible bidding war.

• Upvote 3