Leonard Williams drawing interest from other teams per Schefter

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly.  

Leo still gets pretty good to good press.  I could see a team thinking a change of scenery or a change in scheme, linemates etc would unlock what he was thought to be

I would add to that , that with no proof, I would absolutely understand a player NOT playing his best here under these circumstances.  Crappy GM, suspect organization, no QB your first 2 years....

21 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

just double checked...   STFU when you donw know WTF you are talkling about...

ignore list #43....

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jets-extend-contract-of-nt-steve-mclendon

?  No sh*t mclendon reupped..  anyone on this board would know that.

I was referring to your idiotic opinion about him being better than williams.

1 minute ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

If he leaves as a free agent don't we get a 3rd as compensation?

Sent from my SM-J701M using Tapatalk

Depends on who we sign I believe.  Some signings cancel out compensation picks.  Those Massholes make sure they end up on the receiving end of that equation.  Another reason to hate them.

2 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

More than likely we will get nothing because we will have offsetting free agent signings. Even if we don't sign any free agents(which we will) he'll never offer up a third because he's never signing a big contract.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:50 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn't the Steelers' backup RB do very well last year?  Connor I think was his name.

That’s the fantasy, that he was the same as Bell  First off he was a top talent before his cancer .  

And he was no Bell if that’s what you’re saying

10 minutes ago, KRL said:

It appears multiple teams are "sniffing" around Leonard Williams:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27834887/sources-multiple-teams-interested-trade-jets-leonard-williams

If someone is going to offer what JAX got for Fowler (#3 and a #5) Douglas should
pull the trigger.  Maybe that's why the team was talking him up last week

I’m guessing that you didn’t see it, but there is a 3 page discussion on this from yesterday.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

It appears multiple teams are "sniffing" around Leonard Williams:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27834887/sources-multiple-teams-interested-trade-jets-leonard-williams

If someone is going to offer what JAX got for Fowler (#3 and a #5) Douglas should
pull the trigger.  Maybe that's why the team was talking him up last week

I still like Leo very much, and I believe in him.

I would want at least a #2 and a #5 for him.  #3 is still a crapshoot IMO, and I wouldn't trade Leo for a crapshoot.  No #2 in a trade, then no trade.  Perhaps just a #2, but not less.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Alka said:

I still like Leo very much, and I believe in him.

I would want at least a #2 and a #5 for him.  #3 is still a crapshoot IMO, and I wouldn't trade Leo for a crapshoot.  No #2 in a trade, then no trade.  Perhaps just a #2, but not less.

We got a 2 and a player for Sheldon Richardson.  That should be the starting point of any trade

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

15 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

Depends on how many free agents they sign vs. how many leave?

15 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Depends on who we sign I believe.  Some signings cancel out compensation picks.  Those Massholes make sure they end up on the receiving end of that equation.  Another reason to hate them.

This is why the Jets are shopping him and floating rumors that teams are calling about him.  There's no doubt the Jets will be active in Free Agency again next year.  They simply have to be.  But signing some free agents, depending on their contracts, could negate any comp pick the Jets could get for Leo.  Both the Jets and any potential trading partners know this.  I think that's why the Jets might take something as low as a 4th rounder (maybe conditionally moving to a 3rd) for Leo Williams.

I would think a team like KC might be a good candidate for a trade.  A late 3rd for Leo going to a team that is fire on offense but a mess on D?