Leonard Williams drawing interest from other teams per Schefter

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Mecole Hardman

That would actually be fair value. If KC doesn't get a big guy in the middle of that defense they have zero chance of beating the Patriots. Mahomes would be on the sideline the entire game while Michel, Burkhead & White are feasting. At first glance I said no way, but at 2nd glance that trade helps both teams & KC has plenty of weapons. Unfortunately, I think Watkins is hurt again.

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

That would actually be fair value. If KC doesn't get a big guy in the middle of that defense they have zero chance of beating the Patriots. Mahomes would be on the sideline the entire game while Michel, Burkhead & White are feasting. At first glance I said no way, but at 2nd glance that trade helps both teams & KC has plenty of weapons. Unfortunately, I think Watkins is hurt again.

you're talking yourself into it...    that trade is too good to be true, cos it aint reasonable....

Leo aint gonna yransform NOBODY'S D.

We shoudl try floating this nonsense to some KC fans...

12 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

you're talking yourself into it...    that trade is too good to be true, cos it aint reasonable....

Leo aint gonna yransform NOBODY'S D.

We shoudl try floating this nonsense to some KC fans...

You know if KC doesn't try SOMETHING to sure up that interior line they might as well pack it in this year! They just lost to 2 teams from the AFC South! 2 physical teams. Pats can also run the ball, they proved that against a much better defense in the LA Rams. Then you have the Ravens, another physical team that can run the ball. Add the Steelers who rushed all over the Chargers. KC is in deep doo doo & desperate. 

With what we as Jet fans know about Williams any offer will sound like too much.
But don't underestimate how desperate KC may be to reach the SB:

- They got to OT of the championship game last year and lost

- Reid is getting older, how many chances does he have left

- Mahomes rookie contract will have to be ripped up shortly.  And then you know
he's going blow up their cap when he wants 40-45 million a year

- Their defense is allowing opponents to chew up the clock on the ground.  Stopping
their offense from getting on the field

Remember LAR was desperate last year to get to the SB and they gave up a #3 and a #5
for Fowler.  Another underachiever

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

diddin know who he was...    hmm...i hadda lookim up....

2nd rnd pick    So, Hardman ahead of DT, w/ Crowda and Robby as the base 3 WRs....

KC give away a spanking new 2nd rnder????

Of course not.  I was just considering Leo's trade for a "player" value.  No way is KC giving up a cheap 4 year contract on a speedster like Hardman, particularly if they are not committed long term to Ty Hill.  

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Of course not.  I was just considering Leo's trade for a "player" value.  No way is KC giving up a cheap 4 year contract on a speedster like Hardman, particularly if they are not committed long term to Ty Hill.  

Not sold on hardman but the chiefs just extended hill for 3/54.  I’d take picks.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Chiefs just gave Hill an extension, but I still seriously doubt they would move Hardman.

He’s a near perfect replacement if Hill gets injured or does anymore stupid sh*t off the field.

And if I’m Andy Reid or Brett Veach, I’m not taking away a weapon from my star young QB in order to add a run stuffing DL who is a FA in a few months.

• Upvote 2

It would make sense to many of us to trade Leo now because we believe that this is not a playoff year. 

But until the Jets lose 8 games, they are not out of the playoffs.  If Leo is playing more than half the snaps, and the defense is playing well, I can see the Johnsons holding onto to Leo.  I would trade him for a draft pick, but if the season is alive I would not be surprised if Leo stays.  If they lose against the Pats and Jags, he likely goes.  If they win one, he probably stays 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, varjet said:

It would make sense to many of us to trade Leo now because we believe that this is not a playoff year. 

But until the Jets lose 8 games, they are not out of the playoffs.  If Leo is playing more than half the snaps, and the defense is playing well, I can see the Johnsons holding onto to Leo.  I would trade him for a draft pick, but if the season is alive I would not be surprised if Leo stays.  If they lose against the Pats and Jags, he likely goes.  If they win one, he probably stays 

I hope J&J are not micromanaging to that extent.

22 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

If the  Jets tried to play next year  with three rookie offense lineman on their offense line , it would be a recipe for a disaster.   You think your offense line was bad this year, that offense line would be worse.   That’s a big jump going from college to the pro game.

Nonsense.

5 hours ago, varjet said:

they're not resigning him makes 0 sense to keep him

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Leo is a good player, way undervalued  here. That said, if the Jets can get two picks (3 & 5 or better), I would bite, but no way I'm trading Leo for an aging OL or WR. Hardman, who I would have liked to see the Jets draft is just not realistic. If we don't get a good offer I would resign him.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The Chiefs just gave Hill an extension, but I still seriously doubt they would move Hardman.

He’s a near perfect replacement if Hill gets injured or does anymore stupid sh*t off the field.

And if I’m Andy Reid or Brett Veach, I’m not taking away a weapon from my star young QB in order to add a run stuffing DL who is a FA in a few months.

Their issue is that they cannot use the sparkly weapons or QB right now when other teams are out possessing them by 10 minutes a game.  Getting help at run stopping for an affordable price should be a priority for kc.

They love this herdman guy so i doubt if he would get offered but a pick or picks makes sense.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:16 PM, Pac said:

The talks would start with a 2nd..  Why would you take anything less when they can get a 3rd round comp pick for letting him walk.  He's going to become a very rich man next year whether it's the Jets or another team.  Followed by many of you acting shocked that he got that big of a contract.

I think we have explained this before, but...

The Jets will, by necessity, be buyers in free agency.  Those offensive linemen you guys want to spend on?  They will offset whatever Williams gets.  The corners you want to replace Trumaine Johnson?  Offset.  The "#1 WR"?  Offset.  Rush/end/OLB?  Offset.  Hell, the backup QB, too.  I see almost no chance the Jets are looking at both a decent roster in 2020 and comp pick(s) in 2021.

The compensatory pick will be in 2021.  Do you want to wait that long?  You want it to come during the strike/lock-out?  Darnold will be at the end of his rookie deal and, with any luck, we will getting ready to pay through the nose.  Besides, a 3rd in 2021 generally is considered a 4th in 2020. 

I get that we will probably be trading with a better team, but even the Super Bowl winners 3rd is selected before the comp picks. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think we have explained this before, but...

The Jets will, by necessity, be buyers in free agency.  Those offensive linemen you guys want to spend on?  They will offset whatever Williams gets.  The corners you want to replace Trumaine Johnson?  Offset.  The "#1 WR"?  Offset.  Rush/end/OLB?  Offset.  Hell, the backup QB, too.  I see almost no chance the Jets are looking at both a decent roster in 2020 and comp pick(s) in 2021.

The compensatory pick will be in 2021.  Do you want to wait that long?  You want it to come during the strike/lock-out?  Darnold will be at the end of his rookie deal and, with any luck, we will getting ready to pay through the nose.  Besides, a 3rd in 2021 generally is considered a 4th in 2020. 

I get that we will probably be trading with a better team, but even the Super Bowl winners 3rd is selected before the comp picks. 

You often make sense and I'm not saying your opinion is crazy but all of this could have been said about the situation we were in with Sheldon.  That was actually a bit worse as Sheldon was coming off a very suspect offseason including cannonball run style driving with blunts and minors.  If Macc can get a 2nd and a starting WR there's no reason Douglas should take less.

Whether or not you think Williams sucks he is a highly respected player with impeccable character and is a disruptive force.  The only reason I don't care if we trade him is Macc seems to have found some quality D-line depth and Q will be the goods.

If Douglas is getting bullsh-t offers he should stand pat and look for a tag and trade scenario in the offseason.  This is his big first test.  He can't set the precedent that he can be strong-armed in negotiations. 

A 4th rounder would be a horrible failure.  Again -- I don't think he's that bad of a GM.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

You often make sense and I'm not saying your opinion is crazy but all of this could have been said about the situation we were in with Sheldon.  That was actually a bit worse as Sheldon was coming off a very suspect offseason including cannonball run style driving with blunts and minors.  If Macc can get a 2nd and a starting WR there's no reason Douglas should take less.

Whether or not you think Williams sucks he is a highly respected player with impeccable character and is a disruptive force.  The only reason I don't care if we trade him is Macc seems to have found some quality D-line depth and Q will be the goods.

If Douglas is getting bullsh-t offers he should stand pat and look for a tag and trade scenario in the offseason.  This is his big first test.  He can't set the precedent that he can be strong-armed in negotiations. 

A 4th rounder would be a horrible failure.  Again -- I don't think he's that bad of a GM.

You are as transparent as my 3 yo niece 

26 minutes ago, Pac said:

You don't see a difference in a player that was traded to team who was available to that team for an entire year like Sheldon? If Leo gets traded his new team would have his services for a half season and then he hits free agency. That's a big difference when we are talking compensation.

For some reason no one seems too mention this, but both situations are very different.

Also LOL at disruptive force. Leo is anything but a disruptive force. At best he is a decent run plugger and one that is making just under a mil a week. Sheldon was on his rookie contract when he got traded. Very convenient for you and most of the posters here to leave that out.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

You don't see a difference in a player that was traded to team who was available to that team for an entire year like Sheldon? If Leo gets traded his new team would have his services for a half season and then he hits free agency. That's a big difference when we are talking compensation.

For some reason no one seems too mention this, but both situations are very different.

Also LOL at disruptive force. Leo is anything but a disruptive force. At best he is a decent run plugger and one that is making just under a mil a week. Sheldon was on his rookie contract when he got traded. Very convenient for you and most of the posters here to leave that out.

Agreed.  He would be a 10 game free agent to be rental.  Any talk of a second round pick PLUS a player is pure fantasy.  

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Any talk of a second round pick PLUS a player is pure fantasy.  

Unfortunately it's a recurring theme on this board. Comparing the Leo and Sheldon situations is borderline asinine and that's not even getting into how many people here overrate Leo. Futakasi played better than him last week.....a 6th rounder.

• Upvote 1

The Jets likely leaked the "multiple teams are interested" bit to Schefter to get such teams to raise their offers.  I assume the offers are pretty low right now where it is not worth it to trade him, or else he would have been traded already (as every game may diminish his value to another team further).

15 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  He would be a 10 game free agent to be rental.  Any talk of a second round pick PLUS a player is pure fantasy.  

I could certainly see a player being thrown in.  They have to cut somebody to take on Williams and our roster is pretty barren.  I agree that it isn't likely to be a big piece.