Love my Box Safety

He had a great game and made not one, but 2 impact plays. That makes 2 impact plays in his career and the first time he’s been one of the top 3 most important factors in a Jet W. Game balls to Sam, Adams and Q.

Now is the time to trade Adams. Nothing matters more than building around Darnold through the draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Because genius he's putting personal achievement above the TEAM. You win as a team and lose as a team. You're down 20 in the last of the 4th qtr and celebrating? Are you effing kidding me? You make the play and go back to the huddle. You should be embarrassed to be losing the game by that much not celebrating a meaningless play in garbage time. UNBELIEVABLE.

You did say this is GOING TO HAPPEN.  Nostradamus you are!!

You have a hard on for the dude.  Get over it already.  

20 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Dude please. Adams is his own worst enemy. You know its going to happen sooner or later. Jets down by 20 in the 4th qtr and Adams makes a third down stop with 1:00 left and Celebrates.

Adams seems a bit too caught up in the IG stuff, but he's a team guy... and his celebrating, while annoying at times isnt even that bad. Did you see Diggs today? He was just being a jerk. Adams isnt taunting.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

@sourceworx Could be a very successful businessman or he can work at Trader Joes and live pay check to paycheck, who knows.  But one thing that is certain is that he is confident that the GM's. coaches, players and media are all wrong about Adams and he is correct.

a real life George Costanza we have here at JN

gcost2.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=780

Jamal is a nice player. I've never said otherwise. However at the time it was a crime to select him at #6. We had no QB, no pass rusher, and the O-Line was weak. I stand by my position on that pick moreso today than when they took him. 

The entire team played better today. That isn't because of Jamal Adams. That's because of Sam Darnold.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

You did say this is GOING TO HAPPEN.  Nostradamus you are!!

You have a hard on for the dude.  Get over it already.  

Because how many times has it happened already? You have to acknowledge that at least. You won't because you can't handle criticism of your man crush.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Adams seems a bit too caught up in the IG stuff, but he's a team guy... and his celebrating, while annoying at times isnt even that bad. Did you see Diggs today? He was just being a jerk. Adams isnt taunting.

Never said Adams was taunting. He looks stupid celebrating a stop in garbage time of a meaningless game.

7 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Never said Adams was taunting. He looks stupid celebrating a stop in garbage time of a meaningless game.

What does this have to do with TODAY.  We WON TODAY.  Why are you talking about past  or future plays??  its about TODAY.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Fun fact about safeties: If you've got a MVP QB that hangs 50 points a game, an average safety gets you by just fine.

Fun fact.

This total nonsense. 

Find me a QB who has ever, in the history of the NFL who has hung 50 points a game up weekly. 

Lets get stupid now

24 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Because genius he's putting personal achievement above the TEAM. You win as a team and lose as a team. You're down 20 in the last of the 4th qtr and celebrating? Are you effing kidding me? You make the play and go back to the huddle. You should be embarrassed to be losing the game by that much not celebrating a meaningless play in garbage time. UNBELIEVABLE.

More nonsense.  Anything else you can make up?  20 down in the 4th celebrating?  Stupid old man whining about shlt that has never happened but sounds good if you’re trying hard to come up with something to complain about.  He’s the first one interviewed after a loss & his biggest complaint is about losing, not about his stats.  We get our QB back, beat what should be a better team, a team just about every whiner predicted was a loss.  Adams was one of the best players on the field and you guys need to kill him today. 

Fn  losers 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

More nonsense.  Anything else you can make up?  20 down in the 4th celebrating?  Stupid old man whining about shlt that has never happened but sounds good if you’re trying hard to come up with something to complain about.  He’s the first one interviewed after a loss & his biggest complaint is about losing, not about his stats.  We get our QB back, beat what should be a better team, a team just about every whiner predicted was a loss.  Adams was one of the best players on the field and you guys need to kill him today. 

Fn  losers 

Screw you pal. I'm not making anything up and you know it. No one is disputing Adams played well today. Just call it both ways when he pulls his celebrating act like he has in the past.  Whiney child.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Screw you pal. I'm not making anything up and you know it. No one is disputing Adams played well today. Just call it both ways when he pulls his celebrating act like he has in the past.  Whiney child.

Come back when you’re right or move on, pal. 
You’re totally full of shlt, none of those things happened anywhere but your mind, pal.   Find a clip of Adams celebrating down big on the 4th.  Clue don’t waste your time.  Yeah, he’s the whiney child.  We won, su already

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Come back when you’re right or move on, pal. 
You’re totally full of shlt, none of those things happened anywhere but your mind, pal.   Find a clip of Adams celebrating down big on the 4th.  Clue don’t waste your time.  Yeah, he’s the whiney child.  We won, su already

Actually you're the whiney child. You say it didn't happen but it did. I'm pretty sure it was against the Pats in that blowout last season on a 4th and 1 down by 20 in the 4th qtr. Adams made the stop and celebrated IT. Just because you can't handle it doesn't mean it didn't happen. So stfu and kiss my azz if you don't like it. Little prick.

16 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Actually you're the whiney child. You say it didn't happen but it did. I'm pretty sure it was against the Pats in that blowout last season on a 4th and 1 down by 20 in the 4th qtr. Adams made the stop and celebrated IT. Just because you can't handle it doesn't mean it didn't happen. So stfu and kiss my azz if you don't like it. Little prick.

Yeah, I’m whining.  That’s what you call it when someone sees a win for what it is.  As opposed to the whiners who want to tell you what you saw didn’t happen.  Guess it doesn’t fit the narrative leading up to the game. 

im so sorry you don’t understand the game today.  We covered celebrating during a loss in the days of B white shoes Johnson through K Johnson and loads of others.  So cry all you want.  I could care less what he celebrates.  He’s the best player on D, the Jets only pro bowl player.  Piss and moan all you want.  Whatever you want to complain about.  One more time.  They won.  He balled.  Your whine is stupid.  Stop arguing with me, you have no point.  Go back to wherever it is where they don’t understand football.  So you can STFU buddy, come back when you have a viable point.  Not this bs 

Know what the first sign is that you’re a dickhead?  When you type this shlt cursing away like a loser At fans celebrating a win and the stars who got us that win.  You’re miserable, FUAH

• Sympathy 1

Some of you guys kill me.  It doesn’t have to be either or with Adams and Sam, they are both very good young players and good building blocks for the future.  I agree that picking a safety at six when we had so many other needs was crazy but he didn’t pick himself, it was Mac, and he is gone thank god.  Let’s enjoy the handful of good players we have and hope that Douglas can bring in more good players, especially offensive ones.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I’m whining.  That’s what you call it when someone sees a win for what it is.  As opposed to the whiners who want to tell you what you saw didn’t happen.  Guess it doesn’t fit the narrative leading up to the game. 

How’d this.  I could care less what he celebrates.  He’s the best player on D, the Jets only pro bowl player.  Piss and moan all you want.  Whatever you want to complain about.  One more time.  They won.  He balled.  Your whine is stupid.  Stop arguing with me, you have no point.  Go back to wherever it is where they don’t understand football.  So you can STFU buddy, come back when you have a viable point.  Not this bs 

Know what the first sign is that you’re a dickhead?  When you type this shlt cursing away like a loser At fans celebrating a win and the stars who got us that win.  You’re miserable, FUAH

LOL Who made the first personal attack? You. Now you remember the game You said I made up. Thats why you won't address it.

I gave Adams credit for his play today. If you didn't jump in on something without reading the whole thing you would know that.

The only dickhead here is you my impulsive friend. You started the personal stuff and the bad language because you came in late on a conversation and jumped to a conclusion. Looks like the only miserable one here is YOU. Get a life and keep your mouth shut until you know what you're talking about. Either way I don't give a damn what you think or do.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Jamal is a nice player. I've never said otherwise. However at the time it was a crime to select him at #6. We had no QB, no pass rusher, and the O-Line was weak. I stand by my position on that pick moreso today than when they took him. 

He’ll never be forgotten by the fans who today would have you believe that there were hordes of fans who wanted us to draft, wait for it, Mahomes.   

somehow that’s become we don’t have Mahomes and Adams is to blame

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I started.

Bye.  I’m done with you and your arguing after a win.  They won but I don’t like Adams personality.  STFU.  Prick.  What else did you call me? 

Bye 

Yes you did start it. I'm glad you admit it. The argument was all yours. You admit you don't like Adams personally. That's kinda sad. What has he ever done to you? Now you want me to STFU. I'm sorry you seem to have all this anger after a big win. Maybe you need to take a break from posting. It seems like the season is wearing on you. I hope you work out your issues and things get better for you. Good Luck.

To your great disappointment, and others’ joy, he will never be traded.

Never? You’re going with never with a brand new regime in town that didn’t draft Adams?

It doesn’t seem smart to just sit on Adams given that there will be decisions coming down the line on his 5th-year option and UFA status.

And as for the “others joy” I’m glad people have gotten great pleasure from the last 2+ seasons since we drafted Jamal. I’m sure that mentality from Jets fans encourages the Johnson’s to look to improve the product on the field. Explains why they needed Gase to knock some sense into them.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Adams is a beast. 

As I was watching the game I couldn't wait for this thread. I've never been the biggest Adam's defender but this kid has really brought his game to another level this season. Anyone still sh!tting on this kid is just bitching to bitch. Adams was EVERYWHERE and in on every single play.

#PrezIsABEAST

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

To your great disappointment, and others’ joy, he will never be traded.

Well he’s certainly not going to be worth the money he’ll want. The Jets are going to have put a lot of money into the QB and protecting him. They won’t be able to afford Adams. May as well get something for him while you can. His production can be replaced cheaply. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Well he’s certainly not going to be worth the money he’ll want. The Jets are going to have put a lot of money into the QB and protecting him. They won’t be able to afford Adams. May as well get something for him while you can. His production can be replaced cheaply. 

I agree with this conceptually, but if the Jets go on a mini-run I don’t see CJ allowing him to be traded.  He fills the stands and makes an impact on the field, like he did yesterday.

Leo should go.  Robby and Bell help Darnold.  

Adams may be a player you treat like a RB-have him play hard for his rookie contract and then allow him to sign elsewhere.  That is what the Giants did with Collins. 

2 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Without Maye we lose yesterday.  He had two solo tackles on Zeke Elliott in the open field that took away huge gains/touchdowns. Great player!  Not as flashy as Jamal, but does a ton out there.

Here’s one of the problems with Jamal, and it’s sad: the entire secondary player lights-out yesterday and all Jets fans want to talk about is Jamal Adams and his blitzes up the middle. Darryl Roberts, Maye, and Brian Poole were incredible yesterday but you’d never know it, and this is why self-promoters self-promote so hard—they actively try to set themselves apart from their own teammates. It’s gross.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes you did start it. I'm glad you admit it. The argument was all yours. You admit you don't like Adams personally. That's kinda sad. What has he ever done to you? Now you want me to STFU. I'm sorry you seem to have all this anger after a big win. Maybe you need to take a break from posting. It seems like the season is wearing on you. I hope you work out your issues and things get better for you. Good Luck.

It’s like talking to a child.  I repeated pretty much everythink you said and you didn’t get that.  Came back for more.  You told me to STFU because as a child that was better than making your point.  He celebrates in loses.  The pats game.  Like the pick six.  Missed That. 

season has proven me to be right, one of the few on the board who actually understands the game and who got what we lost with Darnold out.  Nothing is wearing on me