Jamal Adams made a game changing play

2 hours ago, fullblast said:

OK, but none of that has anything to do with Adams, he didn't force the Jets to draft him where they did. I think everyone realizes that a Mahomes, Watson or McCaffery would have added more value to the team, but I'm not going to take away from Adams as a player because of that. Sounds like your ire should be directed at the front office and CS who chose to draft him, if anything.

I have no problem with the Jets picking Adams at no. 6. I know a lot of dudes on here have issues with him being selected over Watson and Mahomes but that's nowhere as egregious as the Bears trading up to get Trubisky when they could've gotten Watson or Mahomes if they would've just stayed where they where. 

The Jets cannot spend money everywhere.  Adams will come due the year before Darnold, or practically the same year, as the Jets would may choose to extend Darnold early. 

It would appear that the Jets should run a 4-3 and not spend too much on the LBs other than Mosley.   If they really want to keep Adams, extend him early for a reasonable price for a box safety.   He is a good player who plays hard and does not get hurt (knock, knock).

Maye is playing really well as well, but the type of player who you sign a second contract for and gets hurt all the time.  

As I said before the season, there may come a day when Sam Darnolds value will surpass that of Jamal Adams, and that day is probably rapidly approaching, but Jamal Adams is the very best player the Jets have on their roster. It isn't even close really. Jamal Adams of not for turnovers would be thought of in the same breath as Troy Polamolu.

11 hours ago, Bugg said:

The defense in the last 2 drives gave up 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion. Will not poormouth a win with this franchise, but be serious. The defense survived, barely. Stop pretending it was great. Stage was set for somebody, anybody to make a big play,and really that did not happen. And on the 2 pointer, scheme worked. 

We were going up against the 1 offense and we held them to 22 points and stopped the 2-point conversion. NO team plays perfect football for the entire game, every game. Team played great. Enjoy it. Let the coaches and players worry about fixing the details. 

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The problem is that Adams plays his heart out every game and that included those four blowouts to start the season when the Jets were the worst team in the league. It doesn’t matter how hard Adams plays every week because he’s not factoring into wins and losses, and you shouldn’t spend top-six picks on a guy like that. That’s what’s at issue. 

So what are we supposed to do? Rehire Mike MacCagnan just so you can scream at him and fire him again? It's done and regardless of whether you feel that pick was utilized correctly, it's all over with. You're stuck in first gear Mr. Shane. 

Moreover, most of us quite frankly don't care what you're hollering about? Not to be rude but we see an excellent player on the field and that's all that matters here.