This is why you don't draft safeties with top 10 picks

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

That's my point. People here don't understand that. The QB is EVERYTHING in this league. Good box safeties are nice to have, but they don't affect the entire team like a QB does.

You are really being dense here. Adams made a great play to close out the game. He made a huge play. He deserves credit for that. We all know how bad the Jets are without Sam or do you think we all just came out of hibernation today

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Without a legit QB, no team wins Mr. MOTO

Exactly the point, my friend. At the time we didn't have a QB. You don't waste time with box safeties when you don't have a QB.

We lucked out and got Sam. Decent consolation prize for taking a safety over Pat Mahomes.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Exactly the point, my friend. At the time we didn't have a QB. You don't waste time with box safeties when you don't have a QB.

We lucked out and got Sam. Decent consolation prize for taking a safety over Pat Mahomes.

So we are still posting about the 2017 draft after a Jets win?  For how long?  We have our QB now.  

Move on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Lol, ok dude. Go cry into your pillow that Mahomes is o. KC. I'm perfectly fine having Adams and Sam. Things worked out for us for once. Hey, we could have had Mayfield. I heard someone say he threw another 3 picks against Seattle. 

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You are really being dense here. Adams made a great play to close out the game. He made a huge play. He deserves credit for that. We all know how bad the Jets are without Sam or do you think we all just came out of hibernation today

Anyone else makes the play and its great.  Adams makes it and we revisit the 2017 draft.

Seriously, there are really stupid football fans here.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Well the refs had something to say. When it's 1st and 27 and the refs throw a flag because a WR runs into our DB, yes that was a 1st down. But I guess I was watching a different game. carry on.

Unfortunately the way PI now works makes a mockery of the game. That is simply how it is. The NFL has told the on field officials if not directly then in any way that matter they want exciting endings. Doubt had Gase thrown  a flag anything would've changed either. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

That's my point. People here don't understand that. The QB is EVERYTHING in this league. Good box safeties are nice to have, but they don't affect the entire team like a QB does.

dude..  Darnold is on the Jets.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

No, under Williams' scheme, who ever we have at safety in such an alternate universe probably runs the same safety blitz and the outcome is probably the same. Grant you it was a good play, he prevented Prescott from setting up and making a decent pass. It wasn't a sack though. Defense down the stretch gave up 3rd down after 3rd down. Will not poormouth a great win. But the defense had chance after to chance for a much less exciting end and NOBODY stepped up. Which is how the game comes down to a 2 point conversion play. 

Yeah, Calvin Pryor makes that play all day ?

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Pat Mahomes just lost back to back home games against a couple mid level teams.  Perhaps it's time we stop pretending he's the best QB of all time before he's won anything.  D Coordinators seem to be beginning to unravel the mystery.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Pat Mahomes just lost back to back home games against a couple mid level teams.  Perhaps it's time we stop pretending he's the best QB of all time before he's won anything.  D Coordinators seem to be beginning to unravel the mystery.

He lost to DeShaun Watson.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

No QB for weeks, and the needle didn't move at all because of Jamal Adams. Sam comes back, and the entire dynamic of the team changes. Suddenly the O-line, receivers, backs and tight ends are better. That is why you only use first round picks on QBs, guys who protect QBs, or guys who harass QBs. You don't waste your time with safeties, defensive tackles, or middle linebackers. You get those guys in the third, fourth, and fifth rounds.

And for some reason you felt the need to make yourself look clueless by pointing out that one of the stars of the game, a huge star, wasn’t actually a star.

Kind of telling for more than a few numbnuts who have felt the need to dismiss Adams game. 

• Upvote 2

The Adams debate is silly at this point. 

We all know that Adams is a very good player and we also all know that Mahomes or Watson would have been a better pick. Let's get over it and enjoy watching an all-pro safety. If Darnold keeps developing, we could be just fine, in the long run. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Jamal was good. If the Panthers call and offer you a first for him, you sprain an ankle rushing to take that deal.

Why? So we can use it to draft another defensive lineman like we have at least 5 times in the last decade and still not have a dominant defensive line ? Why is everyone so quick to trade our best players for unknowns , this thread is stupid , the guy was was an animal on the field today and is the heart of the defense , you don’t just trade that away

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If you haven’t noticed, Patricia has been quietly doing a great job with the Lions in year 2.

Yep, lot's of good/great head coaches have had brutal first years. 

On the flip side, we are all familiar with bad head coaches who had good first years for us. 

• Sympathy 1

Why? So we can use it to draft another defensive lineman like we have at least 5 times in the last decade and still not have a dominant defensive line ? Why is everyone so quick to trade our best players for unknowns , this thread is stupid , the guy was was an animal on the field today and is the heart of the defense , you don’t just trade that away

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1. Joe Douglas is our GM, not Macc. Throw out everything from the Macc era. We’re not drafting DT’s high. Gase got Macc fired because of that.

2. It’s time to invest in offense. We need a brand new Offensive Line, unless you’re cool with Sam getting David Carr’d or Andrew Luck’d here.

3. Mosley is the heart of our D, and we have plenty of pieces left after moving Adams and Leo if we choose to do so.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

No QB for weeks, and the needle didn't move at all because of Jamal Adams. Sam comes back, and the entire dynamic of the team changes. Suddenly the O-line, receivers, backs and tight ends are better. That is why you only use first round picks on QBs, guys who protect QBs, or guys who harass QBs. You don't waste your time with safeties, defensive tackles, or middle linebackers. You get those guys in the third, fourth, and fifth rounds.

I hear ya, but today’s probably not the day to kill Adams.  Dude was electric out there.  Literally any other day though.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Im almost shocked.  Like I'm waiting for the punch line.  lol

I mean, I also pointed out this is the first time in his career he was a top 3 reason we won a game.

But we just won a big game and I’m in a giving mood. Have your day, Jamal fans. Just don’t be surprised if he’s an ex-Jet by the trade deadline. Every resource we have in the immediate future needs to be directed towards the offense.

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mosley is the heart of our D, and we have plenty of pieces left after moving Adams and Leo if we choose to do so.

Moving Adams would be a huge mistake.

Period.  

He’s as good a player as you would expect to get at that spot and we act like you snap your fingers and are guaranteed to get equal value from the 14 or whatever pick as we got at 6.  How Jets like would that move be.

Not a GM in the NFL who trades Adams today

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I hear ya, but today’s probably not the day to kill Adams.  Dude was electric out there.  Literally any other day though.

I know no one will believe this, but I'm not trying to kill Adams. I've never said he's a bad player. He isn't. He's a very good safety.

However at the time, we had no offense to speak of, mainly due to the putrid QB play we had for years. So when you're picking at #6, and you have a QB who gutted a historically good defense in college twice, and another with freakish arm talent staring you in the face, you don't take safety. I don't care if he's Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott, and Sean Taylor rolled into one (which Jamal isn't), you don't overlook the glaring need at the most important position for a safety....any safety.

• Upvote 1