Quinnen!

BCJet

First damn good, standout game for him.

Hopefully he starts stringing these together and starts to put major interior pressure on the QB. Next week would be the PERFECT time for him to take the next step and really show out.

Wasn’t a big fan of the pick, but was already resigned to it.

He’s never going to be some kind of Donald-esque freak, but he can still be a damn good, impactful player with a bright future ahead of him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He looked like most 3rd or 4th round DT’s Good at stopping the run but incapable of generating consistent pressure up the middle.

It’s exactly why you don’t draft a DT in the top 5. Let alone 4 times is 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

You can argue the value of 3-4 DTs but we dont know how good Q really is yet and comparing him to 3rd round picks is just cherry-picking.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Not sure if it’s because of the injury or not

but he needs to be on the field more

good things happen when he’s out there

I really didnt like GW's subsection patterns today.  I get that he likes to keep the DL fresh, but Leo and Q were on the bench too much, and at odd times.  We had that long drive in the first quarter and he opened the next defensive series with Leo and Q on the bench.  Thats ridiculous considering how little they had played at that point.

Im fine keeping them fresh, but weather is cool, its getting to be midseason where these guys are in excellent shape and they need to be playing 70-80% of the snaps not 60%.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BCJet said:

You can argue the value of 3-4 DTs but we dont know how good Q really is yet and comparing him to 3rd round picks is just cherry-picking.

Disagree.

Unless you become Aaron Donald or Warren Sappen (maybe a couple of others)  a DT is a miss in the top 5.

QW is not one of those...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Yes.  Most of the 3rd and 4th round DTs taken this year are barely seeing the field.  4 DTs were drafted in the third and fourth round this year.  One guy is in the rotation for the Rams (Gaines).  The others had zero, one and two tackles respectively. Q is in the rotation, shedding blocks and contributing.  I know you have an agenda and don't like the guy but let's not get too silly.

Seeing the field and making an impact on the game are two very different things.

Does anyone that watched that game today think we won because QW was any better than any JAG DT we could have plugged in there?

Look, I have nothing against the kid, seems to be very nice, hard worker and it's not his fault that a team bereft of offense talent decided to drafted, yet another, DT in the first round - but he was a bad pick.

and unless he can consistently drive pressure up the middle he will remain a bad pick. 

• Thumb Down 3

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Seeing the field and making an impact on the game are two very different things.

Does anyone that watched that game today think we won because QW was any better than any JAG DT we could have plugged in there?

Look, I have nothing against the kid, seems to be very nice, hard worker and it's not his fault that a team bereft of offense talent decided to drafted, yet another, DT in the first round - but he was a bad pick.

and unless he can consistently drive pressure up the middle he will remain a bad pick. 

You may be right but personally, I'm inclined to give him more than two games.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yup....Its his fault where he was drafted.

I didn't like the pick either, but at the same time, the kid has only played a couple of games now.

I get it...I really do...

And it's more about Mac than anything else.   The team needs to be about Sam...building around him...The idea of drafting QW is still mind boggling to me.  He does nothing to help this team become more of a contender.  

Not his fault, just a bad choice of a draft pick for this team in this timing of the franchise.  A transitional talent at that position I can maybe - just maybe - understand drafting a DT but he was never that type of prospect.

• Upvote 1

He looked good and still did not get to the Qb or make a huge game changing play.

I'll take a top end OL, CB, WR, OLB/pass rusher, TE, RB over a DT any day of the week.

We will be dumping Leo and then Quinnen can be the next guy to get double teamed for a few years and totally neutralized.

Hey it is good to have good players at as many position as you can but the jets under mac filled almost no hard to find premium positions.  (We do have the QB though.)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I get it...I really do...

And it's more about Mac than anything else.   The team needs to be about Sam...building around him...The idea of drafting QW is still mind boggling to me.  He does nothing to help this team become more of a contender.  

Not his fault, just a bad choice of a draft pick for this team in this timing of the franchise.  A transitional talent at that position I can maybe - just maybe - understand drafting a DT but he was never that type of prospect.

I mean, it was MIND-BOGGLING....What's worse, Josh Allen already has 4 sacks for the Jaguars.  An edge rusher is what we needed, we go DT.  Could have taken Jonah Williams too.

But, Quinnen is who we got.  He will be good for us in the middle, but not third pick overall good.  We need Douglas now to draft pass rushers for the next three years.  Some high, some as prospects, but we need to find someone who can rush the QB.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He looked good and still did not get to the Qb or make a huge game changing play.

I'll take a top end OL, CB, WR, OLB/pass rusher, TE, RB over a DT any day of the week.

We will be dumping Leo and then Quinnen can be the next guy to get double teamed for a few years and totally neutralized.

Hey it is good to have good players at as many position as you can but the jets under mac filled almost no hard to find premium positions.  (We do have the QB though.)

Getting neutralized is fine.  If he is neutralized, he is being double-teamed.  IF he is double-teamed, they have to leave a real pass rusher open.  BUT....we need to get one of them.

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

We need Douglas now to draft pass rushers for the next three years.  Some high, some as prospects, but we need to find someone who can rush the QB.

We need Douglas to draft Olineman and Wr's, also another TE would be nice. Our defense has had more than enough resources poured into it over the last decade plus. 

It's time too build around Darnold with a draft that is loaded at the WR position and also strong with Olineman. The D is just fine with GW under control.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I mean, it was MIND-BOGGLING....What's worse, Josh Allen already has 4 sacks for the Jaguars.  An edge rusher is what we needed, we go DT.  Could have taken Jonah Williams too.

But, Quinnen is who we got.  He will be good for us in the middle, but not third pick overall good.  We need Douglas now to draft pass rushers for the next three years.  Some high, some as prospects, but we need to find someone who can rush the QB.

I'm with you all the way except we need OL before Edge.

I would rather lose 42-40 than 17-10.  

let's give Sam time and watch the team flourish...

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What offensive player would you have taken at 3?

• Upvote 3