He looked like most 3rd or 4th round DT’s Good at stopping the run but incapable of generating consistent pressure up the middle.

It’s exactly why you don’t draft a DT in the top 5. Let alone 4 times is 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 12
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BCJet said:

You can argue the value of 3-4 DTs but we dont know how good Q really is yet and comparing him to 3rd round picks is just cherry-picking.

Disagree.

Unless you become Aaron Donald or Warren Sappen (maybe a couple of others)  a DT is a miss in the top 5.

QW is not one of those...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Yes.  Most of the 3rd and 4th round DTs taken this year are barely seeing the field.  4 DTs were drafted in the third and fourth round this year.  One guy is in the rotation for the Rams (Gaines).  The others had zero, one and two tackles respectively. Q is in the rotation, shedding blocks and contributing.  I know you have an agenda and don't like the guy but let's not get too silly.

Seeing the field and making an impact on the game are two very different things.

Does anyone that watched that game today think we won because QW was any better than any JAG DT we could have plugged in there?

Look, I have nothing against the kid, seems to be very nice, hard worker and it's not his fault that a team bereft of offense talent decided to drafted, yet another, DT in the first round - but he was a bad pick.

and unless he can consistently drive pressure up the middle he will remain a bad pick. 

• Thumb Down 3

11 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yup....Its his fault where he was drafted.

I didn't like the pick either, but at the same time, the kid has only played a couple of games now.

I get it...I really do...

And it's more about Mac than anything else.   The team needs to be about Sam...building around him...The idea of drafting QW is still mind boggling to me.  He does nothing to help this team become more of a contender.  

Not his fault, just a bad choice of a draft pick for this team in this timing of the franchise.  A transitional talent at that position I can maybe - just maybe - understand drafting a DT but he was never that type of prospect.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I mean, it was MIND-BOGGLING....What's worse, Josh Allen already has 4 sacks for the Jaguars.  An edge rusher is what we needed, we go DT.  Could have taken Jonah Williams too.

But, Quinnen is who we got.  He will be good for us in the middle, but not third pick overall good.  We need Douglas now to draft pass rushers for the next three years.  Some high, some as prospects, but we need to find someone who can rush the QB.

I'm with you all the way except we need OL before Edge.

I would rather lose 42-40 than 17-10.  

let's give Sam time and watch the team flourish...

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

What offensive player would you have taken at 3?

The OT.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Why is it that unless a player we take in the first round isn't  God like as soon as he steps on the field,  we should have drafted someone else?

Because if you're going to take a DT that high he needs to be next level type talent.  you can find solid DT's all over the draft and in FA's.

It's very hard to find  even "solid" OL, WR's, CB's and and Edge guys in FA's or late in the draft. 

I like Q, in fact I think he's going to be a very good player but Q, even during the draft process, was/is never expected to be a difference maker type talent. 

Again, it's not him, it's Mac's lack of the basic understanding of how the NFL works.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company