14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He looked like most 3rd or 4th round DT’s Good at stopping the run but incapable of generating consistent pressure up the middle.

It’s exactly why you don’t draft a DT in the top 5. Let alone 4 times is 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

You can argue the value of 3-4 DTs but we dont know how good Q really is yet and comparing him to 3rd round picks is just cherry-picking.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Not sure if it’s because of the injury or not

but he needs to be on the field more

good things happen when he’s out there

I really didnt like GW's subsection patterns today.  I get that he likes to keep the DL fresh, but Leo and Q were on the bench too much, and at odd times.  We had that long drive in the first quarter and he opened the next defensive series with Leo and Q on the bench.  Thats ridiculous considering how little they had played at that point.

Im fine keeping them fresh, but weather is cool, its getting to be midseason where these guys are in excellent shape and they need to be playing 70-80% of the snaps not 60%.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, C Mart said:

Jets finally win a game and people freaking out over a 21 yr old rookie playing in his 3rd NFL game. 

the he’s not Donald, Sapp. ...How does anyone know what he’s going to be. It’s his 3rd NFL game. 

how did Darnold look after his 3rd NFL game? 

More importantly, as I posted in a different thread, Aaron Donald had 1 sack through his first 5 games.

As for Q not making impact plays, im pretty sure he was responsible for 2 huge stops that (if it was him) were definitely considered impact plays.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Because if you're going to take a DT that high he needs to be next level type talent.  you can find solid DT's all over the draft and in FA's.

It's very hard to find  even "solid" OL, WR's, CB's and and Edge guys in FA's or late in the draft. 

I like Q, in fact I think he's going to be a very good player but Q, even during the draft process, was/is never expected to be a difference maker type talent. 

Again, it's not him, it's Mac's lack of the basic understanding of how the NFL works.

Thankfully Sapp only had 3 sacks as a rookie so maybe Q is gonna be better then him.....

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Um, he did not face an elite C/G combo.  Both Guards were scrubs.  Both starting Guards were out.

No, both Tackles were out.  I believe zack martin and conor williams played.

As for impact plays, on the 4th and 2 play Quinnen beat his guy, worked down the line of scrimmage and stopped the play for a loss.  Id say that play had an impact.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company