I was at the game so didnt have the ability to see detail from TV but from watching as much of Q as I did, he was a beast today.  He constantly strung plays out and was able to fight off double teams and get penetration into the backfield.
This was also his second game against an elite C/G combo after facing Kelce.  I think we are about to see him really turn the corner into an excellent player and it couldn't happen at a better time with the Pats suspect interior line.

He’s Warren Sapp

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He looked good. I also thought he looked good last week. 

I'd really love to see him get a sack or two. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Why is it that unless a player we take in the first round isn't  God like as soon as he steps on the field,  we should have drafted someone else?

Because if you're going to take a DT that high he needs to be next level type talent.  you can find solid DT's all over the draft and in FA's.

It's very hard to find  even "solid" OL, WR's, CB's and and Edge guys in FA's or late in the draft. 

I like Q, in fact I think he's going to be a very good player but Q, even during the draft process, was/is never expected to be a difference maker type talent. 

Again, it's not him, it's Mac's lack of the basic understanding of how the NFL works.

Quinnen Williams didn't play bad today. I actually thought Leonard Williams even showed up.

The problem is, Quinnen needs to play at a very high level. He was the 3rd overall pick. He needs to be a game wrecker. Playing the run well and generating a little pressure from time to time isn't going to cut it when you're picked 3rd overall. The same way it doesn't cut it for Leonard Williams . These guys were drafted 3rd and 6th overall. 

With that said though Quinnen has only played 2.5 games. Hopefully he develops into a top player at his position. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm with you all the way except we need OL before Edge.

I would rather lose 42-40 than 17-10.  

let's give Sam time and watch the team flourish...

Oh, I think unless there is a no-brainer can't miss pass rusher, we go OL in the 1st this year.

But, it depends.  If we sign and trade for some guys, we may be able to be flexible.

The O-line has to be priority.  At this pace, we should be quite ready when Sam is finishing his rookie deal

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because if you're going to take a DT that high he needs to be next level type talent.  you can find solid DT's all over the draft and in FA's.

It's very hard to find  even "solid" OL, WR's, CB's and and Edge guys in FA's or late in the draft. 

I like Q, in fact I think he's going to be a very good player but Q, even during the draft process, was/is never expected to be a difference maker type talent. 

Again, it's not him, it's Mac's lack of the basic understanding of how the NFL works.

I don't  agree with assessment and it's  too early to make any kind of judgement  on Q. What has he played, 2 compete games? 

• Upvote 1

The funny thing is looking at the last 20 years of 3rd overall picks we could wind up with 2 of the best in Darnold and Q.

Larry Fitz looks like the best so far... 

Suffice to say the whining about Q is unfounded if you look at the history of the pick..  to put it kindly.

• Upvote 1

Every player drafted at 3 should be  a game changer but we can only hope that they can be above average

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because if you're going to take a DT that high he needs to be next level type talent.

go and look at # 3 picks last 10-15 yrs...    rare, even at #3 that its "next level talent"

its what you WANT, but you can by no means expect it

3 San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas  DE
3 San Diego Chargers Joey Bosa  DE Ohio State
3 Jacksonville Jaguars Dante Fowler  DE Florida
3 Jacksonville Jaguars Blake Bortles  QB UCF
3 Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan  DE
3 Cleveland Browns Trent Richardson  RB Alabama

Thats just 6 years...  and ZERO next level guys. ZERO. SOme absolute dogs as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Stopping 4 and 2 play in the red zone in a game decided by 2 points didn't change the game?  Would a sack on the 3rd down play a play earlier been more impactful simply because it was a sack?

If that's not a huge play, I don't know what kind is.

I came here to say this. People see what they want. That play was HUGE. And followed by the 92 yard td. Changed the game.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

go and look at # 3 picks last 10-15 yrs...    rare, even at #3 that its "next level talent"

its what you WANT, but you can by no means expect it

3 San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas  DE
3 San Diego Chargers Joey Bosa  DE Ohio State
3 Jacksonville Jaguars Dante Fowler  DE Florida
3 Jacksonville Jaguars Blake Bortles  QB UCF
3 Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan  DE
3 Cleveland Browns Trent Richardson  RB Alabama

Thats just 6 years...  and ZERO next level guys. ZERO. SOme absolute dogs as well.

Christ we could have had Blake Bortles....said no one ever. 

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Pac said:

3rd pick overall should be sure-fire hall of famers like these guys picked in that slot:

Tyson Jackson

Marcell Dareus

Trent Richardson

Dion Jordan

Blake Bortels

Dante Fowler

Joey Bosa

Soloman Thomas

Gerrard Warren

Joey Harrington

Braylon Edwards

Vince Young

Erroneous.  who was picked at 4,5 and 6.? They could have drafted those players instead.

Because at 3 overall you have the ability to essentially take any player in the draft,  And you decide take a dt when you don't really need one. Add in the fact that you desperately needed an OLBer (which are harder to find than Dts) and one was staring at you right in the face. (Josh Allen 4 sacks already)

19 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

(Josh Allen 4 sacks already)

I also favored this player...    and i have seen a couple of his sacks this year...   basically coverage sacks , like todays by Jordan jenkins...   meh, from what little i have personally seen...

didnt watch today, so...   cant comment on Q....         

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He looked like most 3rd or 4th round DT’s Good at stopping the run but incapable of generating consistent pressure up the middle.

It’s exactly why you don’t draft a DT in the top 5. Let alone 4 times is 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

He ain’t no Mean Joe Greene. Dumb azz MAC. The move was to trade back. 

• Upvote 1

The funny thing is looking at the last 20 years of 3rd overall picks we could wind up with 2 of the best in Darnold and Q.

Larry Fitz looks like the best so far... 

Suffice to say the whining about Q is unfounded if you look at the history of the pick..  to put it kindly.

I’m sure if you did this useless exercise with the 6th overall pick you’d come up with similar results.

The point is you can’t have three top 10 picks spent on a couple of DTs who aren’t great pass rushers and a Strong Safety/LB hybrid. The evidence for why this doesn’t work? The D very nearly blew this game in the 2nd half to send us to 0-5.

If you spend three top 10 picks on defense you’d better have an above average, if not elite, defense. We don’t.

Q and Jamal had very nice days today. That doesn’t justify a # 3 and # 6 pick. Nor do the mistakes other GM’s made in those slots somehow make those picks look better in hindsight.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nor do the mistakes other GM’s made in those slots somehow make those picks look better in hindsight.

nO , IT MEANS NO JUSTIFICATION...  you could do the exercise with all the top ten picks , all the first rnd.

So...   other teams miss often too...    which just means, drafting?  it s more like baseball... than not

where .300 is benchmark.

so, taking it into account...  you want more sucessful drafting, yes.

We dont even know what Q will be yet...  Sam is beginning to look like he may be a goodun

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

I also favored this player...    and i have seen a couple of his sacks this year...   basically coverage sacks , like todays by Jordan jenkins...   meh, from what little i have personally seen...

didnt watch today, so...   cant comment on Q....         

Loved Josh Allen too, but am totally fine with Q.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Good isn’t good enough for #3 overall. Pretty clear that if we were gonna draft ******* defense yet again one of the other guys clearly would have been a better choice.

• Like 1

QW has been roasted on this board worse than Chevy Chase at the Friars Club.  Give the kid a shot he’s going to be really good and it’s not his fault previous first round DTs like Leo sucked

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Good isn’t good enough for #3 overall. Pretty clear that if we were gonna draft ******* defense yet again one of the other guys clearly would have been a better choice.

QW won’t be good he will be excellent and he made a critical play in today’s game

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I get it...I really do...

And it's more about Mac than anything else.   The team needs to be about Sam...building around him...The idea of drafting QW is still mind boggling to me.  He does nothing to help this team become more of a contender.  

Not his fault, just a bad choice of a draft pick for this team in this timing of the franchise.  A transitional talent at that position I can maybe - just maybe - understand drafting a DT but he was never that type of prospect.

I am ALWAYS for “building around Sam”, in fact I was for it way before some supernatural force gifted Darnold to Jet fans finally thinking they’ve suffered enough.

I wanted them to draft OL and more OL but supposedly there was such a huge disparity between the top rated guys drafted this year, you just couldn’t draft Offense picking in the Top 5, other than Kyler Murray (who looked outstanding today).

37 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Loved Josh Allen too, but am totally fine with Q.

Allen was the only other option at 3 and I’d say QW has actually been more impressive so far

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

QW won’t be good he will be excellent and he made a critical play in today’s game

A WHOLE play? 

• Butt Fumble 1

I also have no idea how everyone including the Jets missed the boat so badly on Burns. Winovich too, but I get why with him. Burns checked out.

One thing’s for sure, there were pass rushers abound in this draft and Macaggnan landed none of them. 

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A WHOLE play? 

How is Jonah’s shoulder?

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I also have no idea how everyone including the Jets missed the boat so badly on Burns. Winovich too, but I get why with him. Burns checked out.

One thing’s for sure, there were pass rushers abound in this draft and Macaggnan landed none of them. 

Nobody wanted Burns great revisionist history though I’m stillpissed Parcells passed on Brady