5 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Way too early for this opinion 

But not too early to praise him. Hm.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Nobody wanted Burns great revisionist history though I’m stillpissed Parcells passed on Brady

sorry your still pissed phil 

• Haha 1

Jets finally win a game and people freaking out over a 21 yr old rookie playing in his 3rd NFL game. 

the he’s not Donald, Sapp. ...How does anyone know what he’s going to be. It’s his 3rd NFL game. 

how did Darnold look after his 3rd NFL game? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Jets finally win a game and people freaking out over a 21 yr old rookie playing in his 3rd NFL game. 

the he’s not Donald, Sapp. ...How does anyone know what he’s going to be. It’s his 3rd NFL game. 

i really highly advise use of ignore feature...

when people say stoopit chit they are likley to say other stoopit chit...     and the people like me, or you make posts like the above...   you really start noticing the quality of overall posts increases when your list is greater than 30....

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

sorry your still pissed phil 

Sorry you’re suddenly Captain Brian Burns out of nowhere since Jonah is on IR and Allen has been ok at best

5 hours ago, C Mart said:

More importantly, as I posted in a different thread, Aaron Donald had 1 sack through his first 5 games.

As for Q not making impact plays, im pretty sure he was responsible for 2 huge stops that (if it was him) were definitely considered impact plays.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Sorry you’re suddenly Captain Brian Burns out of nowhere since Jonah is on IR and Allen has been ok at best

That’s Colonel Brian Burns to you pal

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Disagree.

Unless you become Aaron Donald or Warren Sappen (maybe a couple of others)  a DT is a miss in the top 5.

QW is not one of those...

None of this isn’t true but at the same time he is young and quite honestly physically not quite there yet. Another off season of Big boy regimented lifting, eating and maturing will do wonders for this kid. He certainly has some natural athleticism just needs to get stronger. Like a baby Huey right now. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He looked good. I also thought he looked good last week. 

I'd really love to see him get a sack or two. 

Last week he would have had won if someone told him sometimes QBs duck, Quinnen. LOL

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Because if you're going to take a DT that high he needs to be next level type talent.  you can find solid DT's all over the draft and in FA's.

It's very hard to find  even "solid" OL, WR's, CB's and and Edge guys in FA's or late in the draft. 

I like Q, in fact I think he's going to be a very good player but Q, even during the draft process, was/is never expected to be a difference maker type talent. 

Again, it's not him, it's Mac's lack of the basic understanding of how the NFL works.

Thankfully Sapp only had 3 sacks as a rookie so maybe Q is gonna be better then him.....

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

None of this isn’t true but at the same time he is young and quite honestly physically not quite there yet. Another off season of Big boy regimented lifting, eating and maturing will do wonders for this kid. He certainly has some natural athleticism just needs to get stronger. Like a baby Huey right now. 

That’s all fine and dandy and also lovely to dream about but you don’t use the 3rd overall on guys that aren’t there yet. 

• Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That’s all fine and dandy and also lovely to dream about but you don’t use the 3rd overall on guys that aren’t there yet. 

Of course not. But since he’s here already let’s go ahead and make the best of it. Shall we?

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Of course not. But since he’s here already let’s go ahead and make the best of it. Shall we?

That sounds horrible. 

Not reading through this thread, I’m just gonna let people know there are only a few correct opinions.

1) Quinnen played really well yesterday

2) DT with only above average athleticism was a bad choice at 3 but hopefully QW can maximize his talent.

3) Plus guys like Oliver and Burns were better options when projecting ability.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Pac said:

The funny thing is looking at the last 20 years of 3rd overall picks we could wind up with 2 of the best in Darnold and Q.

Larry Fitz looks like the best so far... 

Suffice to say the whining about Q is unfounded if you look at the history of the pick..  to put it kindly.

Ok, so just to summarize, since the 3rd pick has been bad in the past for other teams, we should be ok with our bad 3rd pick? 

• Thumb Down 1

Good isn’t good enough for #3 overall. Pretty clear that if we were gonna draft ******* defense yet again one of the other guys clearly would have been a better choice.

You sure are able to glean a lot from two games!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Disagree.

Unless you become Aaron Donald or Warren Sappen (maybe a couple of others)  a DT is a miss in the top 5.

QW is not one of those...

Ok. Well there is a big difference between a top 5 DT who doesn't turn into Aaron Donald or Warren Sapp and a 3rd or 4th round pick talent. There is a lot in between. QW might not live up to his draft pick status as a dominant defensive force but I think he will be much better than your average starting DT in the league and will be a difference maker on the line. 

Hes 21 and only played a few games so far. You have already decided exactly how his career will go and what type of player he will be. Its too early. Lets see how this season goes. Hes really just a baby right now and has a lot of room to grow as a player and physically as a man getting stronger and improving endurance. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Nobody wanted Burns great revisionist history though I’m stillpissed Parcells passed on Brady

Not nobody. I’m just one guy but I wanted Burns even if we were drafting #1 overall. There were a couple other Jets fans on this site as well. Most wanted Bosa and Allen though. They look good as well. We have to give Q time though. 

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

but Q, even during the draft process, was/is never expected to be a difference maker type talent. 

what???  Stop. Did you not pay ANY attention to the draft? He was projected as possibly top 5 definitely top 10 pick for months coming up to the draft specifically because he was going to be a difference maker type of talent- a DT who had the athleticism and strength to play multiple positions on the line and could both shut down the run and get to the QB. 

Can we give this kid some time. Can we literally give him his ROOKIE season and just watch him play and stop constantly judging where he was picked. Its done, he was drafted where he was. The GM that did it is gone. Just let the kid play and lets analyze his play. 

And for the record yes, GMs expect impact players in the top 5-10 but they don't expect a HOF type player to immediately step on the field, no matter what, so can we stop saying that he's not an Aaron Donald and Warren Sapp 'type'. Nobody is after 3 games in their career. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You're making it sound as if he is some kind of project. Which he is not. There are a lot of players that are drafted high (as high as #1 overall) that are not complete players and have certain things they have to work on. Whether its an elite pass rusher who has to work on defending the run or a QB who has to improve on accuracy or an O-lineman who has to improve on footwork.

I'm not an expert but it looks like QW needs to improve on his pass rush moves at the line and breaking through double teams. I actually don't think he needs to get stronger b/c he already looks strong as a bull out there but he will get stronger anyway and that will help him. I think he needs to improve his endurance, which will happen naturally if he is a hard worker and commits to the NFL program.  Otherwise, QW was actually one of the more complete interior D-linemen prospects coming out of the draft. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, peebag said:

Ok, so just to summarize, since the 3rd pick has been bad in the past for other teams, we should be ok with our bad 3rd pick? 

I don't think you're getting it.  

2 minutes ago, PepPep said:

You're making it sound as if he is some kind of project. Which he is not. There are a lot of players that are drafted high (as high as #1 overall) that are not complete players and have certain things they have to work on. Whether its an elite pass rusher who has to work on defending the run or a QB who has to improve on accuracy or an O-lineman who has to improve on footwork.

I'm not an expert but it looks like QW needs to improve on his pass rush moves at the line and breaking through double teams. I actually don't think he needs to get stronger b/c he already looks strong as a bull out there but he will get stronger anyway and that will help him. I think he needs to improve his endurance, which will happen naturally if he is a hard worker and commits to the NFL program.  Otherwise, QW was actually one of the more complete interior D-linemen prospects coming out of the draft. 

You don't draft a nose tackle at 3 if he can't do these things immediately. Anything other than a QB, the greatest benefit of a pick that high is you're supposed to be getting an elite skill position player on the cheap for 4 years.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

You don't draft a nose tackle at 3 if he can't do these things immediately. Anything other than a QB, the greatest benefit of a pick that high is you're supposed to be getting an elite skill position player on the cheap for 4 years.

I never said he couldn't do those things. In fact I said the opposite. I just said those are some of the things he needs to work on. Again, you don't like the draft pick, that's fine. I'm just saying before we judge him as a player lets give him a chance. Let's give him more than 3 games? I mean the kid is playing well. wtf is the problem, why complain about where he was drafted by a GM who is gone now. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm with you all the way except we need OL before Edge.

I would rather lose 42-40 than 17-10.  

let's give Sam time and watch the team flourish...

Yup, OL all the way... It should be ahead of DE, CB, WR on the ole' priority list. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Not reading through this thread, I’m just gonna let people know there are only a few correct opinions.

1) Quinnen played really well yesterday

2) DT with only above average athleticism was a bad choice at 3 but hopefully QW can maximize his talent.

3) Plus guys like Oliver and Burns were better options when projecting ability.

Quinnen already has as many tackles as Oliver And neither has a sack. And he isn’t starting and hasn’t played evey game. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Not nobody. I’m just one guy but I wanted Burns even if we were drafting #1 overall. There were a couple other Jets fans on this site as well. Most wanted Bosa and Allen though. They look good as well. We have to give Q time though. 

How is that Jonah guy doing?

15 hours ago, BCJet said:

I was at the game so didnt have the ability to see detail from TV but from watching as much of Q as I did, he was a beast today.  He constantly strung plays out and was able to fight off double teams and get penetration into the backfield.

This was also his second game against an elite C/G combo after facing Kelce.  I think we are about to see him really turn the corner into an excellent player and it couldn't happen at a better time with the Pats suspect interior line.

Um, he did not face an elite C/G combo.  Both Guards were scrubs.  Both starting Guards were out.

15 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

This

14 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I mean, it was MIND-BOGGLING....What's worse, Josh Allen already has 4 sacks for the Jaguars.  An edge rusher is what we needed, we go DT.  Could have taken Jonah Williams too.

But, Quinnen is who we got.  He will be good for us in the middle, but not third pick overall good.  We need Douglas now to draft pass rushers for the next three years.  Some high, some as prospects, but we need to find someone who can rush the QB.

what if they trade leo for a 3rd to kc right now because qwilliams is playing so well?

13 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Oh, I think unless there is a no-brainer can't miss pass rusher, we go OL in the 1st this year.

But, it depends.  If we sign and trade for some guys, we may be able to be flexible.

The O-line has to be priority.  At this pace, we should be quite ready when Sam is finishing his rookie deal

Depending how things fall out could WR be a possibility?

3 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Um, he did not face an elite C/G combo.  Both Guards were scrubs.  Both starting Guards were out.

No, both Tackles were out.  I believe zack martin and conor williams played.

As for impact plays, on the 4th and 2 play Quinnen beat his guy, worked down the line of scrimmage and stopped the play for a loss.  Id say that play had an impact.

• Upvote 1