So how do we all feel about Gase after today?

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean yeah, but what exactly could Gase have done differently in that 2nd half to “step on their throats”? Sam looked visibly exhausted down the stretch of the game.

I don't  think we did anything exactly creative in the second half. Maybe a reverse, a flea flicker, a QB option.  Everything looked pretty much out of the pocket. Even if it doesn't  work its something to throw a curve. 

I'll admit I was one of the haters in last weeks thread.  I still feel I was justified for several reasons already listed in this thread.

Exhibit A:  He's the one who brought Falk in so please stop with the 3rd string excuses.  You break it you buy it, simple. 

Exhibit B:  The OL hadn't played together before game 1.  Rust, newness, old and being rested, blah blah blah, OL was not ready for prime time and that is on him.

Exhibit C : playcalling, Falk was incapable of executing what was asked of him and Gase never adjusted.  The OL needed help as in max protect at least some of the time and Gase never adjusted.  Maybe the dude with the big arm on the PS should have been brought up for game 4 after seeing more than enough of Falk.

Today Gase finally did show ability at playcalling and OL fixes including some max protections of all things.  So I'm thinking perhaps he isn't as bad as I thought.  At least Gase has a pulse and which is more than I ever thought Bowles had. 

So regarding Gase I'm now cautiously optimistic.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Cowboys adjusted stars halftime and Gase didn’t. They were lucky to hold on. 

I don't think it is as clear cut as that. Huge 2nd half Jets drive when Darnold threw that INT. If we put up 6 there you wouldn't see it this way.  Once we hit the 4th Quarter the Jets defense gave a lot of space to avoid giving up any huge plays too quickly. Next week against NE is the real test.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Adam Gase will never take the Jets to the Super Bowl. And since that’s the measuring stick, he’s not it. Even today with Darnold back his play calling was questionable at many critical times in the game. Cowboys adjusted stars halftime and Gase didn’t. They were lucky to hold on. 

Ah, so now we're moving the goalposts waaaaay out there.  Now it's not "Gase can't beat the Cowboys", it's "Gase can't win the Super Bowl". 

Maybe Gase doesn't need to win the Super Bowl.  Maybe he just needs to take Darnold to the next level for now.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

Gase showed today that he is not a disaster and can at least hold the fort and develop Darnold. 

Siemian was his plan and was decent.  Falk was his third string and not ready to play.  

The OL was partly on Gase-Kalil, preparedness. 

Strength and Conditioning is on the coach.  This team has not been in shape 

If Gase can keep this trajectory, he saves Chris some money and gets next year as his real show me year.  I would expect that to happen. 

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I feel the same as when they hired him.

That he is the right guy.

Nothing has changed.  Nothing changed  when 70% off Jets fans wanted to Pete Carroll him because he couldn't score a TD with Luke Falk.  Nothing changed now.

Gase is the right guy...

You may be right no one knows the future but what led you to believe he was the guy when he was hired? Did you feel that way immediately or only after a few days? 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you hated on Gase last week and wanted him fired last week, you don't get to enjoy today's victory.  Sucks to win, I know.  But SOJF's are going to have to get used to it as uncomfortable for them as it may be.

SAR I

Ironic calling out other Jets fans for not enjoying Jet wins when you choose to spend the day of Jets wins calling out Jets fans.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Ah, so now we're moving the goalposts waaaaay out there.  Now it's not "Gase can't beat the Cowboys", it's "Gase can't win the Super Bowl". 

Maybe Gase doesn't need to win the Super Bowl.  Maybe he just needs to take Darnold to the next level for now.

SAR I

Maybe Gase is actually holding Sam back. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is still not good, sorry.  Hey he called a decent game but our play design still is not great.  Way too many plays where he is making Darnold into peyton manning in his last year as in a statue in the back field.  The next planned roll out play I see for darnold will be a first under gase.

Darnold had to make a lot of 5 star throws.

ANd you still sound like a whiner only now one who cant admit he was wrong.

What was wrong with the game plan or the calls yesterday.  Think hard.  Talk foorball, not just spew every cliche you can recite.  Wait Darnold didnt roll out at all?  Didnt use his feet?  Wasn’t moved?  Thats the problem, some of you cant see, missed the plays don’t know what you’re watching 

Cant believe the shlt some of you tried to sell before he had a QB to call plays for and after.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you hated on Gase last week and wanted him fired last week, you don't get to enjoy today's victory.  Sucks to win, I know.  But SOJF's are going to have to get used to it as uncomfortable for them as it may be.

SAR I

Remember everyone that SAR I is the ultimate arbiter of what you're allowed to think regarding the Jets.

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

ANd you still sound like a whiner only now one who cant admit he was wrong.

What was wrong with the game plan or the calls yesterday.  Think hard.  Wait Darnold didnt roll out at all?  Didnt use his feet?  Thats the problem, some of you cant see, missed the plays 

Cant believe the shlt some of you tried to sell before he had a QB to call plays for and after.  

Its not like Darnold just threw for 300+ with a 70% completion rate hey... If that is how he plays in the pocket, keep him there.

• Upvote 1

I thought the Jets barely hung on for a TWO point victory ??? Am i wrong ?

Was a good game. ..but to say it exhonerates 3.5 weeks of crappy coordinating on the offensive side of the ball is a bit much at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 3

10 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Don't think his play call was bad in the 2 half, int by Sam and that play to crowder both killed good looking drives.

Exactly. He threw a pick that changed momentum & Crowder needs to catch that 3rd & 4, simple as that. 

5 hours ago, jgb said:

You may be right no one knows the future but what led you to believe he was the guy when he was hired? Did you feel that way immediately or only after a few days? 

Ironic calling out other Jets fans for not enjoying Jet wins when you choose to spend the day of Jets wins calling out Jets fans.

I wanted the Jets to hire Gase when it became clear that John Harbaugh was not possible.

I just like the fit.  He is the smartest coach the Jets have had since at least Mangini, maybe Parcells.  Lately, the Jets have had dumb.  I believe up until Falk, Gase had done fairly well with backup QBs... which he has to deal with A LOT.

He can change his offense to fit his personnel.  Run based and slower in Chicago.  Slow and conservative in Miami to protect bad QB play.  Pass based, aggressive and faster in Denver.

He knows the AFCE.  He is one of the few coaches in the league not intimated by Belichick.    

The offense he wants for Darnold is likely high IQ and skilled.   That's what we want.

Gase has to sort out some of his kinks.  He already has made some changes for the better.  But some Jets fans are to busy bashing him to see it. 

Show some patience, let him work on this team... and himself... and I believe the Jets have their coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I wanted the Jets to hire Gase when it became clear that John Harbaugh was not possible.

I just like the fit.  He is the smartest coach the Jets have had since at least Mangini, maybe Parcells.  Lately, the Jets have had dumb.  I believe up until Falk, Gase had done fairly well with backup QBs... which he has to deal with A LOT.

He can change his offense to fit his personnel.  Run based and slower in Chicago.  Slow and conservative in Miami to protect bad QB play.  Pass based, aggressive and faster in Denver.

He knows the AFCE.  He is one of the few coaches in the league not intimated by Belichick.    

The offense he wants for Darnold is likely high IQ and skilled.   That's what we want.

Gase has to sort out some of his kinks.  He already has made some changes for the better.  But some Jets fans are to busy bashing him to see it. 

Show some patience, let him work on this team... and himself... and I believe the Jets have their coach.

Thank you. You are an early adopter I think. Most people here were apoplectic for about 24 hours after Gase was hired then switched to supportive.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Remember everyone that SAR I is the ultimate arbiter of what you're allowed to think regarding the Jets.

Your name is on the list of non-believers.  No getting off it.  Enjoy the rest of the Gase era wearing the Scarlett "N".

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I thought the Jets barely hung on for a TWO point victory ??? Am i wrong ?

Yes, you are wrong.

What you're missing is that the mountain of sh:t pilled onto Adam Gase and this team was something unprecedented, an average head coach would have let it eat him up inside, would have let it seep into the locker room, would have let it disrupt the entire team. 

What Gase pulled off yesterday, the way that team believed in themselves and held together, that's the most important thing.  The score actually doesn't matter.  This team didn't stop believing in Gase, the D played their asses off for him, Darnold wanted to get the heat off his HC, and on the big stage against the big team on the big national game, boom, they did it.

This was the biggest Jets win in the last 10 years for those who understand its difficulty and its meaning.

SAR I