So how do we all feel about Gase after today?

No question this was Gase's best game of the season. He deserves credit. Was aggressive passing the ball and had success. I'm still not convinced he's the guy but the offense was night and day going from Falk to Darnold. Hopefully it continues to look this way going forward -- 300+ passing with multiple TDs from Darnold is going to get us a lot of wins.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jethead said:
  Reveal hidden contents

better. He called a great game.

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

No question this was Gase's best game of the season. He deserves credit. Was aggressive passing the ball and had success. I'm still not convinced he's the guy but the offense was night and day going from Falk to Darnold. Hopefully it continues to look this way going forward -- 300+ passing with multiple TDs from Darnold is going to get us a lot of wins.

So Gase called the good plays for Darnold but called the bad plays for Falk?  Come on guys.  

Gase mostly sucks but he's not as bad as he was with Falk and not as good as he looked with Sam.  It's all about whether your QB can play or not.  We haven't had a QB who can play since Brett Favre for the first 11 games of 2008, so we had no idea what that looks like (except when we watched other teams' QB's play) until Sam arrived. 

As I stated in another thread, Gase is just a caretaker who needs to stay out of his way, and perhaps call a few rollouts from time to time.  

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you hated on Gase last week and wanted him fired last week, you don't get to enjoy today's victory.  Sucks to win, I know.  But SOJF's are going to have to get used to it as uncomfortable for them as it may be.

SAR I

I hate gase and want him fired but im loving the win.  Basking in the glory today.  Gase deserves all the criticism he got for the first 4 weeks.  He stunk.

But if he turns things around, he will deserve all the praise as well.

I call it like i see it.  He was pitiful the 1st 4 games.  He was much better yesterday.  Hope he continues improving moving forward.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I hate gase and want him fired but im loving the win.  Basking in the glory today.  Gase deserves all the criticism he got for the first 4 weeks.  He stunk.

But if he turns things around, he will deserve all the praise as well.

I call it like i see it.  He was pitiful the 1st 4 games.  He was much better yesterday.  Hope he continues improving moving forward.

No! You have to take a position and then hold it forever regardless of changing circumstances!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Same as I did prior to the game - It was game 5 of year 1, so I'm patiently observing. The QB is back, some people must have missed that he was gone the way they complained, and the results are encouraging for a single mono-less game. The insurmountable kicker problem seems to be solved for the short term. The ball went down field and Sam makes the oline better in so many ways both running and passing. A big game coming up Monday night and if the Jets pull it off you'll see many of the "Never Gase'ers" become devout enforcers of Gase dogma, because that's how emotional swings and irrational behavior works.

fight club chant GIF

• Upvote 1

He was lousy the first four games but did a good job this game. I am concerned that the defense seemed not to adjust well in the second half and looked worn in the third quarter but maybe that is more on Williams than Gase. I am also still concerned that the offense relies on Darnold to do heavy lifting on every play to correct the call but maybe that will be less of an issue as the season goes on and everybody gets comfortable with their roles. Hopefully this game is something to build on and improve and not an outlier against a team known for shooting itself in the foot.

7 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I thought the Jets barely hung on for a TWO point victory ??? Am i wrong ?

Was a good game. ..but to say it exhonerates 3.5 weeks of crappy coordinating on the offensive side of the ball is a bit much at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

We beat a team on paper much better than us.  A team picked to go to the SB.  Capital letters TWO?  We’re picky over how many points we won by?  Come on

A game that proves you have no clue when you blame the play calling of the last three Games on the HC as your proof he sucks.  Because when we watched yesterday the game plan and calls weren’t any different 

just give it up 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So Gase called the good plays for Darnold but called the bad plays for Falk?  Come on guys.  

Gase mostly sucks but he's not as bad as he was with Falk and not as good as he looked with Sam.  It's all about whether your QB can play or not.  We haven't had a QB who can play since Brett Favre for the first 11 games of 2008, so we had no idea what that looks like (except when we watched other teams' QB's play) until Sam arrived. 

As I stated in another thread, Gase is just a caretaker who needs to stay out of his way, and perhaps call a few rollouts from time to time.  

I mean, he called different plays. The offense was much more aggressive with Darnold in there than they were with Falk, understandably so. Pretty obvious to anyone who's been watching the games.

I was critical of Gase for not being more innovative and effectively waiving the white flag when we were saddled with Falk. I'm giving him credit for calling a good game with his starting QB. I don't see why either is unfair or wrong.

i honestly didn't think bringing darnold back would have such a dramatic effect on the offense and the team as a whole.  there were a lot of things this team hasn't seen in many seasons.  they played from ahead.  they scored points when they needed to and if darnold doesn't throw that pick the score probably would've been 27-22.  it wouldn't have come down to a 2 pt conversion.

as for gase, he was running the same plays but just didn't have the qb who could execute.  darnold knew when to get rid of the ball and where it needed to go to be caught.  he has court awareness and knows where the rush is coming from.  but since this thread is about gase, he got the team's attention.  they proved they can play for him.  for his part he needs to get bell unleashed.  50 yards are just not bell numbers.  maybe the next teams will try to take away crowder/anderson/thomas/(herndon) more.  and gase needs to figure out how to get more first downs from third down/ . 2/12 is not going to cut it.  finally, gase needs to get the critical penalties fixed.  the refs really threw dallas a lifeline in the last 2 minutes.  some of those calls were bogus.  but then there were quite a few calls on the offense that brought back some pretty nice plays.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

He doesn't believe and is not a real fan.

You were wrong about Darnold and wrong about Gase and so you've ruined the next decade of Jets dominance for yourself.

Good job.  Just brilliant.  The price you pay for getting caught up in silly forum prediction contests vs. pure fandom.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I we are going on a run look out the rest of the NFL 

joewilly12 

Yes, I've been saying that for a month, but as much as I think the Jets have more talent than the Soft 7 in the middle of our schedule, I don't see us going 7-0.  I see 6-1.  So pick any loss you like.  Don't like Washington, then Oakland, Miami, someone.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah this is what anyone should claim.

It actually amazing what fans post. Expecially those who dont understand the game.

Gase is a caretaker.  He saved the good plays.  This is as bad as it gets/

The idea that HCs calling plays for real QBs dont do better than with 3rd string, scrub, practice squad shlt is laughable.  Sam has a bigger arm, quicker release, better mind and more experience. The same OL that Falk was sacked 10 times behind, against a team with 3 sacks total in 4 games protected Sam just fine.  Nothing to do with the QB and the plays that could be called

This is what youre selling?  Think anyone buys this shlt?  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow, the whiney part of the "fanbase" gets to decide who is or isnt a real fan

I sit here Jet Nut and there's something about the SOJF Victim's Brigade that I just don't get:

What is their endgame?

Meaning, there will come a day that the Jets are rebuilt and win the division consistently and go out and win a Super Bowl.  And they are painting themselves in a corner where if that all happens a) without the HC they predicted, and b) without the QB they preferred, and c) under an owner they don't like.......then it all will suck.

So there IS no point to their fandom.  They just root to be "right", for their own predictions to be validated, for this game of Cowherd Bayless Francesa they play in their minds to square up.  So their endgame is nothing but misery.  If the Jets won the Super Bowl this year they would jump off a bridge.  Isn't that stupid?  What an amazing waste of time.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I sit here Jet Nut and there's something about the SOJF Victim's Brigade that I just don't get:

What is their endgame?

Meaning, there will come a day that the Jets are rebuilt and win the division consistently and go out and win a Super Bowl.  And they are painting themselves in a corner where if that all happens a) without the HC they predicted, and b) without the QB they preferred, and c) under an owner they don't like.......then it all will suck.

So there IS no point to their fandom.  They just root to be "right", for their own predictions to be validated, for this game of Cowherd Bayless Francesa they play in their minds to square up.  So their endgame is nothing but misery.  If the Jets won the Super Bowl this year they would jump off a bridge.  Isn't that stupid?  What an amazing waste of time.

SAR I

The night we win the Super Bowl there will be NY Jets fans here bitching about something and if I was a gambler, I would put money on it being Jet Nut. 

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

What is their endgame?

SAR I

It's what they did leading up to Darnolds return.  People who actually want others to believe they know the game of football, who actually would have you believe more than any of our GMs.  Claiming that if Gase had just called the palys he called for Darnold yesterday with Falk it would have been a different story.  

Falk can recognize and combat the blitz.  Make the OL calls to protect himself.  To buy himself time to complete plays.  That Falk has the same quick release that Darnold has?  Or the arm strength.  

Im utterly amazed at the shlt some sell as football acumen here.  Just to try and claim to be right when they're dead wrong and basically sound like they don't have a clue

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The night we win the Super Bowl there will be NY Jets fans here bitching about something and if I was a gambler, I would put money on it being Jet Nut. 

Just another example of Joe being the single poster on the board who has never idea what I am and what I think.

Didn't you tell me, for the countless time, that I was on ignore?  

No one was talking about you.  Now you'll cry like you always do

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

path.jpg

LOL, I have a few seats left on the bandwagon for good Jets fans that just got a wee bit sidetracked.  Sign off on this and the door opens.

SAR I

We’re beating the Pats on Monday. I think there will be a bad loss but we’re adding a win against the Pats to get to 10-6 by the end of it all.

• Post of the Week 1