KRL

Game Observations (DAL)

Yep. They had to back off the OLine this week and it helped them. Liked how those stats show that the catches were shared around, that makes keying on anyone a bit harder too.

• Upvote 1

KRL you are the Jamal Adams of JN.  A DAWG!!!

Wait for it.....

• Haha 3

KRL,

As good as my thread was this past week telling everyone that the Jets would beat Dallas,

your analysis here (and always) is better than anything I have written.  

I just love the way your mind thinks about the Jets; and I value your opinion.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Alka said:

KRL,

I want you to impregnate me during a sensual night of love making

wow.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

wow.....

Ok, maybe I went a little too far here.  lol

Thank you for slapping me in the face and shaking me up.  

KRL is still really good at post analysis, and better than anything else I have read.  

Maybe not better than my thread about the Jets beating the Cowboys this past weekend though.

• Haha 1

Always on point KRL !

I really look forward to your post game and practice analysis

You are heads above the media jackals by a mile

Ty for showing us how special Sam is

I wonder if you could post how we beat the Pats next week!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Reminder - Sam Darnold is younger than Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins. 

Imagine how good this guy can be in a couple of years 

And 2 years younger than Baker Mayfield 😮

• Upvote 2

We need to see a good analysis of the OL and how players like Lewis/Edoga played. We have to be able to salvage some players from this OL for the future or for depth. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We need to see a good analysis of the OL and how players like Lewis/Edoga played. We have to be able to salvage some players from this OL for the future or for depth. 

Agreed. If we can keep at least 1 or 2 starters heading into next season, then thats a step above total anarchy. 

Realistically we are looking at 4 new starters on the OL next season. A tall order for any gm. Luckily, that’s his specialty.

Throw $ at Scherff, because we need a sure thing on the line, especially in the run game. Then draft away.

• Upvote 1

On the D I think, even-though he's a mccagnan pick, i've been impressed with Blake Cashman... not perfect but for a rookie pushed into action he's playing well and hopefully getting better each game

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Great post as always KRL. Sam is the real deal and showed just how valuable he is to this team. Imagine when he has an OL that plays like it did today in EVERY game. Sam's game will only get better with maturity and the addition of other weapons he can grow with.  For the first time in a while I am excited for the future of this team.

Excellent review. Especially the shout out to Edoga who I didn't even notice during the game. Like the OP says, Demarcus Lawrence was a non-factor, a sure sign of excellent play by Edoga.  What about the interior of the Jets line? They had some bad penalties but Malik Smith normally is a factor in Cowboys games and I didn't here his name either.

Ryan Griffin deserved some recognition for his 3 catches on 3 targets with 1 TD. While we are waiting for Herndon to return some TE's gonna have to make some plays because no matter who plays the position, Sam is going to trhow to the TE at least a few times per game, more if he's being ignored by the D.

• Upvote 1

Agree with KRL across the board.

It's AMAZING what a difference a good QB makes.  Darnold has instantly made the Jets look like a competitive team and the entire coaching staff look good too.  For those who still don't think that the NFL is a QB driven league, watch the Jets last two games back to back.  Night and day. 

A very good day to be a Jets fan! Enjoy, folks! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, KRL said:

- Probably the best game Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye played in tandem since being
drafted.  Maye (5 tackles, 1 PD) was excellent in coverage and delivered big tackles.
While Adams (9 tackles, 1 PD, 1 TFL) was all over the field in the run and pass game.
And he was the key blitzer on the 2 point play which caused Prescott to rush his throw

- Foley Fatukasi (4 tackles, 1 QB hit) and Kyle Phillips (7 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 QB
hit) were active in their reps.  Hopefully they continue to develop into rotational
pieces

I'll say it.  The two Safeties won the game for the Jets.  For "non-premium" positions, they were the difference yesterday and the reason the Jets aren't 0-5.

I'll say something else.  With McClendon extended, QW starting to mature as a rookie, Henry Anderson hopefully coming back at some point and both Fatukasi and Phillips developing, it's time to cash in Leo's value....whatever it may be, even though I think Leo played pretty well yesterday.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

It's AMAZING what a difference a good QB makes.  Darnold has instantly made the Jets look like a competitive team and the entire coaching staff look good too.  For those who still don't think that the NFL is a QB driven league, watch the Jets last two games back to back.  Night and day. 

A very good day to be a Jets fan! Enjoy, folks! 

Right, It's the Jimmies and the Joes. However, we need to play and score for 60 min. I realize this was Sams first game back but he played well coming off his illness etc.

We all have about 4-5 Dallas fans as friends...  I don't dare send them a harassing text. Talk about adding injury to insult.  Losing to the 0-4 Jets.

But yesterday was fun..............

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

Imagine this franchise is competent enough to surround him with a great Oline and a WR 1? 

Not with Idzik or Mac.   Let's hope Douglas "gets it".  No developmental O lineman like Vlad either please.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

We all have about 4-5 Dallas fans as friends...  I don't dare send them a harassing text. Talk about adding injury to insult.  Losing to the 0-4 Jets.

But yesterday was fun..............

Classy.  I like it.  Them NOT getting a text will actually hurt more.  Especially since they're probably expecting/dreading it.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Thomas looks like he still has something left in the tank.

Well worth a 2021 6th rounder to give Darnold a big bodied receiver on those short slants. He also flashed that he still has some of that YAC ability.

looks to have lightly shaky hands, but his size, speed and experience counterbalance that

11 hours ago, Alka said:

Ok, maybe I went a little too far here.  lol

Thank you for slapping me in the face and shaking me up.  

KRL is still really good at post analysis, and better than anything else I have read.  

Maybe not better than my thread about the Jets beating the Cowboys this past weekend though.

lol.....just busting your chops a bit....glad to see you can take it

More detail on Chuma Edoga's performance:

- Isolated on Lawrence multiple times and gave up nothing

- He needs to improve his strength.  Edoga didn't get much push in the run
game and in pass protection he was pushed back occasionally

- But he showed good ability to mirror the rusher.  And excellent balance
to recover his footing and push them beyond Darnold to maintain the pocket

He's not a finished product but to play that well against an elite pass
rusher in his second start is encouraging

• Upvote 1