On 2nd half strategy not to ride Bell

Was correct. 

I hate to piss on the "Fire Gase ticker parade," all the Gase haters are wrong here.  Cowboys' strategy was, first, with anticipation of Bell runs, they were stacking the line to sniff out the run.  Second, strength of their defense is their line and the backers.  They were shellshocked last week against Green Bay and they were out for vengeance against stopping Bell to show the world how good they are.  You can call it pride, hubris...whatever.  Third, our line has not proven that it can be cohesive and block consistently yet.  Additionally, Bachum injury, rookie RT does not help the situation.  Finally, Darnold was hot, and was the better option under the circumstance.  Of course, we can build on this and down the line, other teams must account for Darnold's acumen as a thrower and his uncanny ability slide around the pocket moving his eyes from one side of the field to the other and even take off.  With all that, Bell will have a chance to shine and feed off each other. 

Hopefully next Monday.

I for one was sort of impressed to see them letting Sam move the ball. Previous versions of the Jets would have built up the lead and than ran it 356 times trying "not to lose". 

I'm not saying the 2nd Half went perfect by any stretch, but with the box jammed, we did what we had to do.

I'll take it. 

....................and yes, this line still can't block to save it's life. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

I for one was sort of impressed to see them letting Sam move the ball. Previous versions of the Jets would have built up the lead and than ran it 356 times trying "not to lose". 

I'm not saying the 2nd Half went perfect by any stretch, but with the box jammed, we did what we had to do.

I'll take it. 

....................and yes, this line still can't block to save it's life. 

That’s a good point previous Jet regimes for last twenty years would’ve “trusted the D” to protect a one score lead for three quarters while crawling into a run hole.

That said is there any Jets fan anywhere who did not know Cowboys were going to march down the field and score that final TD?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Newjetsfan said:

Was correct. 

I hate to piss on the "Fire Gase ticker parade," all the Gase haters are wrong here.  Cowboys' strategy was, first, with anticipation of Bell runs, they were stacking the line to sniff out the run.  Second, strength of their defense is their line and the backers.  They were shellshocked last week against Green Bay and they were out for vengeance against stopping Bell to show the world how good they are.  You can call it pride, hubris...whatever.  Third, our line has not proven that it can be cohesive and block consistently yet.  Additionally, Bachum injury, rookie RT does not help the situation.  Finally, Darnold was hot, and was the better option under the circumstance.  Of course, we can build on this and down the line, other teams must account for Darnold's acumen as a thrower and his uncanny ability slide around the pocket moving his eyes from one side of the field to the other and even take off.  With all that, Bell will have a chance to shine and feed off each other. 

Hopefully next Monday.

You are very correct. Sam got the box down from like 9 to 7, he needs to keep passing deep to get them to back off and things will open up for Bell. Had we forced the run we would go 3 and out

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

You are very correct. Sam got the box down from like 9 to 7, he needs to keep passing deep to get them to back off and things will open up for Bell. Had we forced the run we would go 3 and out

Offensive versus defensive minded HC