Fire Gase Brigade

Jetster

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don't pull a hammy on your victory lap; save your strength for the next two cycles of FIRE GASE-CROWN GASE-FIRE GASE

These are the responses you get from supposed Jet fans? This retort screams that deep down you want Gase to fail just so you can gloat. It’s the opposite of how true fans feel today & exactly why I started this thread. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 4

Just now, ECURB said:

Two bad games with an unemployed QB shouldn't have done much either by that logic.

Most of us who don’t like him, never wanted him to be coach in the first place.  A good coach should be able to make a team look at least competent, with or without the starting qb.  All these other teams didn’t totally fall apart when their qb got hurt. 

Yesterdays game says a lot more about Sam than Gase.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Most of us who don’t like him, never wanted him to be coach in the first place.  A good coach should be able to make a team look at least competent, with or without the starting qb.  All these other teams didn’t totally fall apart when their qb got hurt. 

Yesterdays game says a lot more about Sam than Gase.  

We get it, your half empty, we’re half full.  Let Douglas finish filling the glass & we can all judge him fairly. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Where are you guys? Come get your comeuppance for being completely irrational. You just saw just how important a franchise QB is to a head coach. 

Now you saw why Gase refused to change the offense they put in this summer for some scrub that will never be a starter in this league. Falk can’t do what Sam can do.

And spare me the Steelers 3rd QB led them to a win. Did you see the difference in Oline quality play? Steelers Oline was blowing holes through the Chargers up 21-0 their QB had 6 completions & 50 freaking yards. 

Fix the Oline here & get Sam a #1 WR & Herndon back. Just imagine Sam with the time Brady gets in the pocket. 

i'll give you an up cos i get it....   but really? its like opening a can of schitt, just stinks. leave it closed

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Where we’ll be right again.  And all those who said he is unimaginative, doesn’t call passes longer than five yards, the offense was bogged because of Gase, not Falk should admit they were wrong instead of save your strength.

You have no idea how the internet works.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Still here, still want him gone. You see the potential this team has if built correctly and coached to win a game instead of trying not to lose. Winning one game is a start (and I get it that you can only win one at a time) but the party’s over wit the excuses. He needs to lead this team to a 10 win season. The Jets are 1-4 and need to go 9-2 over the next 11 games. Can he do it? Rooting like heck for him to because I’m a Jets fan, but these late game collapses and taking the foot off the gas once Gase feels we have a comfortable lead will not get us there. The defense also played lights out up until the last 2 drives which is a testament to Gregg Williams (whose performance as a coach blew away Gase’s offensive performance) Beat the Pats next week and show us something!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9-2? With this Oline? If Gase can take this sh*t roster & Oline 9-2 over the next 11 it would be one of the biggest turnarounds in NFL history. Hell, I hope that happens too but I'm a realist. You do know this team was chosen to finish 31 out of 32 teams in the NFL based on their roster, young QB & new coaches & systems being put in right? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Where are you guys? Come get your comeuppance for being completely irrational. You just saw just how important a franchise QB is to a head coach. 

Now you saw why Gase refused to change the offense they put in this summer for some scrub that will never be a starter in this league. Falk can’t do what Sam can do.

And spare me the Steelers 3rd QB led them to a win. Did you see the difference in Oline quality play? Steelers Oline was blowing holes through the Chargers up 21-0 their QB had 6 completions & 50 freaking yards. 

Fix the Oline here & get Sam a #1 WR & Herndon back. Just imagine Sam with the time Brady gets in the pocket. 

I am right here, not going any where, why didn't he run the ball in the 4th. we could have lost this game due to play calling. Sam covered up allot of his blunder. 3 straight passes? in the 4th when you are up? come on that is bad bad calling at it's finest.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

9-2? With this Oline? If Gase can take this sh*t roster & Oline 9-2 over the next 11 it would be one of the biggest turnarounds in NFL history. Hell, I hope that happens too but I'm a realist. You do know this team was chosen to finish 31 out of 32 teams in the NFL based on their roster, young QB & new coaches & systems being put in right? 

the Jets schedule gets easier after next week. I wanted them close to 500 going against NE Monday not 1 and 4 

Excuses once again: As Herm Edwards stated: “You play to win the game.” Also, your playing both sides of fence, You start a thread calling out all the Fire Gase Fans, now your saying he can’t go 9-2! You can’t have it both ways: If he is the CHOSEN LEADER of this team, then he should at least go 9-2 moving forward.

Remaining schedule:
Fins (2x), Pats, Giants, Redskins, Jags, Raiders, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers & Bills.

* Outside of the Pats and Ravens, those games should be wins! STOP WITH THE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, varjet said:

Gase’s coaching did appear bad enough to warrant criticism.  

There are lots of moving parts here.   He coached a better game yesterday.  

The Jets need a coach.  I think he was the best the Jets were going to do.  When the personnel get better, we will see if Gase is a good enough coach to coach them.  

Yeah, lots of moving parts.  

Like no one could coach with L Falk.  No one.  And too many Jets fans dont understand what theyre watching

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

You have no idea how the internet works.

Yeah.  I have no idea.  

Keep trying to convince yourself of that.

I wish I could be wrong on a daily bases on the internet and keep on the offense trying to prove something.

Heres how the world works.  If youre wrong, youre argument was wrong just admit it and move on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

What did you find in Gase’s game plan and coaching yesterday to be impressive, leading to the win? 

You are right we just saw how important a franchise QB is to a head coach. How does that support your argument that he is a good head coach if he can win with a FQB but not without one? 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

Gase’s coaching did appear bad enough to warrant criticism.  

There are lots of moving parts here.   He coached a better game yesterday.  

The Jets need a coach.  I think he was the best the Jets were going to do.  When the personnel get better, we will see if Gase is a good enough coach to coach them.  

Offensive football is about continuity. I've said this B4 it's built like legos, stacked 1 at a time until you have everyone on the same page, can set up plays by running different plays off the same set & adapt when needed. Gase has had 2 games with Sam at QB & he was sick in the Buffalo game. 

The Oline is a concern, Jet fans know it, hell pretty much anyone that posts here knows it has to be totally rebuilt. That comes into play on how aggressive you can get in your play calling. This is 2 games, McDaniel has been calling plays for Brady for YEARS. It takes time & he's been missing the best TE in the entire AFC East in Herndon. Lost Quincy right out of the gate. He didn't throw the pick in the Redzone, but he let Sam be aggressive down there. The impatience this year is really mindboggling. 

While I was not on the "fire Gase" brigade (though I wasn't exactly thrilled when we hired him), my feeling on the guy was the same before the Cowboy game as it is after it - the jury is still out.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, rammagen said:

I am right here, not going any where, why didn't he run the ball in the 4th. we could have lost this game due to play calling. Sam covered up allot of his blunder. 3 straight passes? in the 4th when you are up? come on that is bad bad calling at it's finest.

OMG! Seriously? So you wanted him to play Todd Bowles ball, I get it! Holy sh*t you can't win with Jet fans. This line gets zero push, have you been paying attention? We have what's amounting to a young Brett Favre here with a bad Oline. I could hear it now if he just ran it into the line 3 times & punted, "omg, he's so conservative", its football, it's not perfect, the other team also dictates play calls, the Cowboys were down CBs, he tried to attack them, good for him. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. Arm chair critics. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

Since you brought it up, did you happen to notice how the Steelers were putting 6, 7, 8 offensive linemen on the field to adjust to the fact that they had a 3rd string QB? This is what a good coach does, adjust to his players. You think Gase refusing to change the offense for the backup QB's is actually a good thing? In what world?

That said, I have to give Gase credit this week and last. He coached aggressively and let the players win or lose the game. I was  concerned he'd try and sit on the lead in the second half, and he didn't at all. ?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Xtina said:

What did you find in Gase’s game plan and coaching yesterday to be impressive, leading to the win? 

You are right we just saw how important a franchise QB is to a head coach. How does that support your argument that he is a good head coach if he can win with a FQB but not without one? 

You show me a Head Coach that has had success without a Franchise QB or an absolutely beastly defense. Joe Gibbs is the ONLY GUY. And do you remember what he had in Washington? An Oline called THE HOGS! 

The other Super Bowl winners were teams with incredible defenses. Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Bucs, Baltimore Ravens.