Fire Gase Brigade

Jetster

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

2 carries for 17 yards would 8.5 yards per carry. I’d say that’s successful yes. 

Wait... you looked at that drive that went over 5 minutes and got the team to the 11 yard line and thought of it as problem with play calling? That whole drive shows repeated success using the pass to move the chains and a running game benefitting from that.

Then it was bad execution on 1 play where every outcome except the one that happened would have resulted in at least 3 points. That’s not a play calling problem.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

1- despite his losing record in Miami, he had success when Tannyhill was healthy, actually a very good record with a healthy Tannyhill. 

Except he didn't have Tanny much.  I would ask if that might be because he had consistently below-average O-Lines his entire time in Miami?  

2- He doesn't put up with distractions. He traded Jarvis Landry & Ajayi and didn't blink an eye. I like guys that can make unpopular decisions for the good of the organization. 

Trading away talent because you can't coach them isn't a good thing.

3- Payton Manning endorsed him. You guys might think that's fluff, I look at a guy like Aaron Rogers who didn't endorse Mike McCarthy. 

I do think that's fluff.  

4- He despises the media. 

Which only matters to media-obsessed New Yorkers.  Many of us could care less what Manish or Francessa or the rest say.

5- I've wanted an offensive minded coach for a long time.

Agreed.  His offenses as Head Coach have been ranked 24, 25 and 31.  We're still ranked 32nd as of today. 

Can he get that ranking to say, 15, by seasons end?  That's a good start, right?

6- Because he's here I doubt very highly JD will ignore offense in future drafts.

I hope Douglas won't ignore the Offense because Douglas is a good GM.  Not because of Gase.

7- We've already seen more urgency in the offense with a hurry up, getting to the LOS quickly on 3rd & 1 for QB sneaks, the willingness to use the entire field & I think we'll see more when we get an Oline that can protect better. 

So can't judge till next year, maybe, after we get a better O-line?

I think if Sam wasn't sick, and Mosely didn't get hurt the Jets would be 2-4 right now.

Possibly.  I think if Dallas's kicker doesn't miss a pretty gimmie kick, we're 0-5 right now too.  That stuff works in both directions.

I think the Browns, Pats, Eagles game films mean nothing in the big picture & can be thrown in the trash. 

Fair enough.  Falk clearly was quite poor.  But it does beg the question as to why Gase couldn't get literally anything out of him or the Offense during that time.  

Im not under some illusion all of the pcs are in place here, obviously they're not but I'm excited to see how this team looks for the rest of these 11 games with hopefully healthy players.

I think that's fair, I think we probably all agree on that.  Darnold alone makes the rest of this year interesting.

All of us know Macc left no depth here so Gase gets the benefit of doubt if we can't field a complete offense.

He can still be evaluated for what he does though, right?  

Sam has played all of 2 games in Gase system. So far he has the best QBR of any QB that has faced Buffalo & threw for over 300 yards & 2 TDs vs Dallas. I'm willing to let things play out. I saw a team busting its azz Sunday, clawing and scratching for a W.

The D was certainly busting it's ass, and held the leagues #1 D to nothing most of the day.  The O looked great in the first half, but they didn't look good in the 2nd and produced almost nothing.  The first half made me expect better, after all, an Offensive Coach like Gase should have been able to make adjustments at half to better exploit a D his QB rocked in the first half, right?

I have no idea how good Gase can be, but calling him to be fired 4 games in under the circumstances we were faced with was beyond stupid, regardless of preconceived notions you had of the guy. 

Are there actually alot of people here calling for him to be fired?  I know I haven't (I want him evaluated at year's end, which seems fair).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Wait... you looked at that drive that went over 5 minutes and got the team to the 11 yard line and thought of it as problem with play calling? That whole drive shows repeated success using the pass to move the chains and a running game benefitting from that.

Then it was bad execution on 1 play where every outcome except the one that happened would have resulted in at least 3 points. That’s not a play calling problem.

I didn’t say that at all. The second drive is the drive I had an issue with. 14 minutes left. 5 plays, all passes. Lasted less than 3 minutes. They were up by two scores and could have put the Cowboys away or at least killed the clock more. 

I’m tired of arguing about this. Let’s just all agree to disagree. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

If Luke Falk is so ******* bad, why has Gase had him on rosters for 2 seasons? 

The offensive line is so bad?  Sounds like Bowles must have been a fine coach losing all those games with a worse line and Bryce Petty.

I agree with the guy who said this game told us more about Darnold than Gase.  Fortunately, I think it is much more important that Darnold be great than Gase.

Trying to develop a backup QB?  He wasn't on our roster, he was on the practice squad? 

Of course a winning game plan, an open offense, etc, a win showed nothing to those who disliked the Gase hiring.  But loses without a viable QB showed everything about the HC.  

Funny how bad QB play is on the HC and good QB play is on the QB, not the HC when you don't like the HC. 

Have no idea what Bowles has to do with it, he's never been a good offensive coach as a OC or HC his entire career.  That's silly on any level.

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Trying to develop a backup QB?  He wasn't on our roster, he was on the practice squad? 

Of course a winning game plan, an open offense, etc, a win showed nothing to those who disliked the Gase hiring.  But loses without a viable QB showed everything about the HC.  

Funny how bad QB play is on the HC and good QB play is on the QB, not the HC when you don't like the HC. 

Have no idea what Bowles has to do with it, he's never been a good offensive coach as a OC or HC his entire career.  That's silly on any level.

Falk was on the Dolphins active roster in 2018 before he got hurt.

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2019 at 12:21 PM, BUM-KNEE said:

Are you talking about our last drive that ended in the FG? That drive started with 6 and a half minutes to go and we used up 3 minutes of that during our drive. Dallas had all their timeouts too. 

Oddly enough we ran Bell on 1st and 2nd down to get to our 20. Why not throw it for the sticks considering we had 13 first downs passing the ball? We only had 4 rushing, and Dallas would've called a timeout if we didn't get the first down anyway.

We were passing well, so you go with the better option there.

Sorry just saw this. yes on the last 3 plays of that series he should have run the ball once to burn time of the clock or to make them take a time out. They were already in fg range. Again I am not saying run the ball 3 times just once to force dallas to burn a time out or to run the clock down an additional minute to help the defense.

45 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Falk was on the Dolphins active roster in 2018 before he got hurt.

He was the third stringer and then their startermwent down

What does what the Dolphin GM did at QB have to do with Gase put on the practice squad, at no cost, with the Jets.  He knew and practiced in the offense and he tried to develop a successful college QB into a possibile backup.

So what?  Come on

42 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Sorry just saw this. yes on the last 3 plays of that series he should have run the ball once to burn time of the clock or to make them take a time out. They were already in fg range. Again I am not saying run the ball 3 times just once to force dallas to burn a time out or to run the clock down an additional minute to help the defense.

The last 3 plays were run, run, pass (incomplete)

The entire drive was....

Pass to Crowder for 30

Bell off RG for 3

Pass to Robby for 18

Bell off RT for 3

Bell off LT for 3

Pass inc to Crowder

FG

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

The last 3 plays were run, run, pass (incomplete)

The entire drive was....

Pass to Crowder for 30

Bell off RG for 3

Pass to Robby for 18

Bell off RT for 3

Bell off LT for 3

Pass inc to Crowder

FG

Then it was the series before that but it was pas, pass pass, incomplete incomplete incomplete

3 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

In what way exactly??

Being an all around sh-tty coach.  Gives up when the chips are down, fights with players, fights with ownership, calls overly conservative and vanilla games, sniffs smelling salts o the sideline - there is honestly a plethora of problems with Adam Gase as a HC.  

Keep in mind this an offensive coach who in his three years as a HC put the up the 24th, 25th and 31st ranked offensive. 

If you don't have concerns that he'll hold Sam and this team back, you should.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, rammagen said:

Then it was the series before that but it was pas, pass pass, incomplete incomplete incomplete

The series that punted at 11:29 minutes to go in the 4th?

The series that went....

1&10 Pass INC to Crowder CLOCK STOPPED

2nd&10 (DALL offsides) CLOCK STOPPED (Gases fault?)

2nd&5 Pass to DT for 11yds CLOCK RUNNING

1st&10 Sam scramble for 24 (offsetting penaties holding on Shell/Quinn offsides) CLOCK STOPPED (Gases fault?)

1st and 10 Pass to Crowder for 4 CLOCK RUNNING

2nd and 6 Sammy sacked -7 CLOCK RUNNING

3rd&13 Pass INC to Robby CLOCK STOPPED

4th&13 Punt 11:29 remaining

So what exactly was Gase in the wrong for? The OL penalty stopped the clock. The only other time the Jets caused the clock to stop was on the INC pss on 3rd&13. That lost all of 6 seconds off the clock in the grand scheme of the 2nd half. And THAT was at 11:29 to go in the 4th. You gotta show some balls after a penalty. Gase was trying to put the game away right there, no rushing needed. Why is there an issue to his clock management? Is he supposed to play clock-ball at 11:29 in the 4th when we were moving the chains through the air? Hell NO.

10 hours ago, BUM-KNEE said:

The series that punted at 11:29 minutes to go in the 4th?

The series that went....

1&10 Pass INC to Crowder CLOCK STOPPED

2nd&10 (DALL offsides) CLOCK STOPPED (Gases fault?)

2nd&5 Pass to DT for 11yds CLOCK RUNNING

1st&10 Sam scramble for 24 (offsetting penaties holding on Shell/Quinn offsides) CLOCK STOPPED (Gases fault?)

1st and 10 Pass to Crowder for 4 CLOCK RUNNING

2nd and 6 Sammy sacked -7 CLOCK RUNNING

3rd&13 Pass INC to Robby CLOCK STOPPED

4th&13 Punt 11:29 remaining

So what exactly was Gase in the wrong for? The OL penalty stopped the clock. The only other time the Jets caused the clock to stop was on the INC pss on 3rd&13. That lost all of 6 seconds off the clock in the grand scheme of the 2nd half. And THAT was at 11:29 to go in the 4th. You gotta show some balls after a penalty. Gase was trying to put the game away right there, no rushing needed. Why is there an issue to his clock management? Is he supposed to play clock-ball at 11:29 in the 4th when we were moving the chains through the air? Hell NO.

there was one series in the fourth quarter where it was incomplete  incomplete incomplete, even Ray Lucas pointed it out. That is poor play calling. I am not going to sit here and go thru every series as I dont have the time

On 10/15/2019 at 6:32 AM, Jetster said:

It amazes me how fans just state things like, we should have run the ball more. Have we had a run over 15 yards? Bell has a hard time getting out of backfield. Dallas has a top 10 front 7. 

Throwing was the right thing to do, Sam made a bad mistake & Crowder dropped a catchable ball that would have been a 1st & goal. 

First game back, I think Sam ran out of gas a little in 2nd half.

Gase used the whole playbook on Sunday. He deserves a game ball for his play calling.

hmmmm.... 

Gase.... Fire Gase? not Fire Gase?

Sam is going to have PTSD if Gase does not change up this play calling. Sam needs to have some type of a safety valve with how crappy this line is. Whether its Bell leaking out of the backfield or a TE, something needs to be done so there is at least a short quick completion in the situations like last night. 

• 11 months later...