Fire Gase Brigade

Jetster

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Since you brought it up, did you happen to notice how the Steelers were putting 6, 7, 8 offensive linemen on the field to adjust to the fact that they had a 3rd string QB? This is what a good coach does, adjust to his players. You think Gase refusing to change the offense for the backup QB's is actually a good thing? In what world?

That said, I have to give Gase credit this week and last. He coached aggressively and let the players win or lose the game. I was  concerned he'd try and sit on the lead in the second half, and he didn't at all. ?

You do know that B4 the season started the Steelers Oline is ranked in the top 3 in the NFL right? You know where the Jets Oline was ranked? Bottom 3.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, jgb said:

The problem is we have a lot of data points that Gase is as good as his QB. No more, no less. Those guys are approximately a dime a ten-dozen.

As are pretty much every HC in the NFL to some degree.  Hard to overcome a QB like Falk.

Problem is when some of us said that he's held back by backup QBs his who,e career we were to,d we were wrong.  Had to laugh when during the broadcast they said just that.  That he had his starting QBs as an OC and was a genius, becomes a HC and up to now has hardly had his starter on the field.

His record with his starting g QB under center vs without proves this point.  But we're going to talk data points to prove the naysayers right.  Somehow.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Where are you guys? Come get your comeuppance for being completely irrational. You just saw just how important a franchise QB is to a head coach. 

Now you saw why Gase refused to change the offense they put in this summer for some scrub that will never be a starter in this league. Falk can’t do what Sam can do.

And spare me the Steelers 3rd QB led them to a win. Did you see the difference in Oline quality play? Steelers Oline was blowing holes through the Chargers up 21-0 their QB had 6 completions & 50 freaking yards. 

Fix the Oline here & get Sam a #1 WR & Herndon back. Just imagine Sam with the time Brady gets in the pocket. 

We need to get a competent back up QB (not named Trevor Siemian) ASAP.   Without one, you're playing Russian roulette in this league!  That three game stretch brought back memories of 1999 after Vinnie went down. 

30 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Since you brought it up, did you happen to notice how the Steelers were putting 6, 7, 8 offensive linemen on the field to adjust to the fact that they had a 3rd string QB? This is what a good coach does, adjust to his players. You think Gase refusing to change the offense for the backup QB's is actually a good thing? In what world?

That said, I have to give Gase credit this week and last. He coached aggressively and let the players win or lose the game. I was  concerned he'd try and sit on the lead in the second half, and he didn't at all. ?

8 offensive lineman?  

So what, a QB, RB and either a WR or a TE? Lol. Yeah that's what they did. 

You actually believe you watched the Jets with Falk and still haven't r cognizant that the offense was different than yesterday's offense?  Short, quick passes?  Missed that?  Missed the wild cat calls?  The offense with Falk was totally different and designed for his limited abilities.  He still couldn't get it done.  

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah.  I have no idea.  

Keep trying to convince yourself of that.

I wish I could be wrong on a daily bases on the internet and keep on the offense trying to prove something.

Heres how the world works.  If youre wrong, youre argument was wrong just admit it and move on. 

I repeat: you don't know how the internet works, then.

2 minutes ago, jetfan61 said:

We need to get a competent back up QB (not named Trevor Siemian) ASAP.   Without one, you're playing Russian roulette in this league!  That three game stretch brought back memories of 1999 after Vinnie went down. 

Mike White = future backup.

Where are you guys? Come get your comeuppance for being completely irrational. You just saw just how important a franchise QB is to a head coach. 

Now you saw why Gase refused to change the offense they put in this summer for some scrub that will never be a starter in this league. Falk can’t do what Sam can do.

And spare me the Steelers 3rd QB led them to a win. Did you see the difference in Oline quality play? Steelers Oline was blowing holes through the Chargers up 21-0 their QB had 6 completions & 50 freaking yards. 

Fix the Oline here & get Sam a #1 WR & Herndon back. Just imagine Sam with the time Brady gets in the pocket. 

You know what, obviously  you aren't  paying attention.  Yes great win but the OL just didn't  become as good as the Cowboys. Yes, Falk was horrible and made their job harder but Darnold just covered the mistakes by making quick and accurate  throws. Gase needed to make an adjustment for the trash QB'S  we had and didn't.  As for this game, amazing job by Gase in the first half. He totally had the Dallas D of balance but in the second half, 3 points while the Cowboys wiped out a 12 point lead. 

No doubt  this game was a huge improvement but I'm not ready to say he has earned his place. Show me a complete game first. I mean the Cowboys were missing Cooper and two starting OL. Still a very good team but if Gase was as good yesterday as you are saying, a second half TD would have been nice. 

Instead of calling out all the Gase haters, you should call out all thebidiots that have been saying g we should be tanking for the #1 pick.

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You show me a Head Coach that has had success without a Franchise QB or an absolutely beastly defense. Joe Gibbs is the ONLY GUY. And do you remember what he had in Washington? An Oline called THE HOGS! 

The other Super Bowl winners were teams with incredible defenses. Chicago Bears, Tampa Bay Bucs, Baltimore Ravens. 

He knew about the offensive line's (being charitable here) weaknesses. And he brought in a statue to play QB. 

33 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Excuses once again: As Herm Edwards stated: “You play to win the game.” Also, your playing both sides of fence, You start a thread calling out all the Fire Gase Fans, now your saying he can’t go 9-2! You can’t have it both ways: If he is the CHOSEN LEADER of this team, then he should at least go 9-2 moving forward.

Remaining schedule:
Fins (2x), Pats, Giants, Redskins, Jags, Raiders, Bengals, Ravens, Steelers & Bills.

* Outside of the Pats and Ravens, those games should be wins! STOP WITH THE EXCUSES!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

There are no easy games in the NFL for an incomplete team, just ask the Cowboys & their fans. You don't think Cowboy fans were penciling in a W before heading to New York to play the 0-4 Jets?

• Upvote 1

I'm right here.  Jets got a win and I'm very happy.  I'm actually capable of thinking two things at the same time - that I'm happy the Jets won and played a better game, and that I don't believe Adam Gase is the answer for us as HC.  

I'm not completely irrational.  His record is what his record is, whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

You and all your "just imagines".  How about you take a look at what has actually happened and formulate an opinion...as opposed to the fantasy land you create in your mind to make yourself feel better.  The Jets are 1-4.  Gase has been bad.  He is now 1-7 in his last 8.  Let's throw him a parade.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

There are no easy games in the NFL for an incomplete team, just ask the Cowboys & their fans. You don't think Cowboy fans were penciling in a W before heading to New York to play the 0-4 Jets?

Yes but Cowboys have resembled an NFL football team during their losing streak.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I repeat: you don't know how the internet works, then.

Better than those who argued not knowing how football works.  

Im not sweating this one out.  I ate shlt for 4-5 weeks over the effect of QBs on an offense and was dead right.  Could care less about the rest or those who still don't know how the game is played after seeing yesterday's game.  

• Upvote 1

These are the responses you get from supposed Jet fans? This retort screams that deep down you want Gase to fail just so you can gloat. It’s the opposite of how true fans feel today & exactly why I started this thread. 

Oh, I get it.  You're the "true fan" police.  Guess high and mighty Jetster doesn't think I'm a true fan.  I'm going to go cry myself to sleep.

I could care less whether you think anyone is a true fan or not.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Better than those who argued not knowing how football works.  

Im not sweating this one out.  I ate shlt for 4-5 weeks over the effect of QBs on an offense and was dead right.  Could care less about the rest or those who still don't know how the game is played after seeing yesterday's game.  

There was a bowl full of it and we all had a spoon. That's the nature of going 0-4 with a historically-embarrassing offense.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

There was a bowl full of it and we all had a spoon. That's the nature of going 0-4 with a historically-embarrassing offense.

Again, ignoring the reasons and blaming the wrong person.  Bad OL with an inexperienced QB who exasperated that line and it proves that Gase can't or won't call plays that work

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Again, ignoring the reasons and blaming the wrong person.  Bad OL with an inexperienced QB who exasperated that line and it proves that Gase can't or won't call plays that work

Not sure you can blame the stink of the last four weeks on any one root cause. Maybe both sides need to accept that they can both have a point.

14 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You know what, obviously  you aren't  paying attention.  Yes great win but the OL just didn't  become as good as the Cowboys. Yes, Falk was horrible and made their job harder but Darnold just covered the mistakes by making quick and accurate  throws. Gase needed to make an adjustment for the trash QB'S  we had and didn't.  As for this game, amazing job by Gase in the first half. He totally had the Dallas D of balance but in the second half, 3 points while the Cowboys wiped out a 12 point lead. 

No doubt  this game was a huge improvement but I'm not ready to say he has earned his place. Show me a complete game first. I mean the Cowboys were missing Cooper and two starting OL. Still a very good team but if Gase was as good yesterday as you are saying, a second half TD would have been nice. 

Instead of calling out all the Gase haters, you should call out all thebidiots that have been saying g we should be tanking for the #1 pick.

The cowboys were missing blah, blah, blah.  As if that would guarantee a Cowboy win? 

Jets were missing their starting #1 TE, WR, LG and others and not one mention.  

Its fooball, players get hurt.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes but Cowboys have resembled an NFL football team during their losing streak.

Were they down to their 3rd QB? Plus they have a better Oline, and they didn't play Philly & the Pats in Gillette either. These comparisons are foolish. This Cowboy group have been together for a while now. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

Were they down to their 3rd QB? Plus they have a better Oline, and they didn't play Philly & the Pats in Gillette either. These comparisons are foolish. This Cowboy group have been together for a while now. 

I didn't introduce the comparison my good man.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not sure you can blame the stink of the last four weeks on any one root cause. Maybe both sides need to accept that they can both have a point.

The biggest difference was what we put out at QB.  I said that for weeks.  Asked all those who disagreed to name the coaches who would win with Falk.  Not one answer.  

Yesterday all of us who thought the QB was the limiting factor to the offense and the ability to win were proven right.  It's pretty simple and undeniable, the Jets looked like a completely different team.  Yet some like Beerfish claim they saw things in their imagination during that game.  No roll outs whatever he imagined, the team looked 100% different.  In a good way.  Why can't we just be happy about it, if Darnolds healthy and playing we should have an offense to deal with most sundays.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The biggest difference was what we put out at QB.  I said that for weeks.  Asked all those who disagreed to name the coaches who would win with Falk.  Not one answer.  

Yesterday all of us who thought the QB was the limiting factor to the offense and the ability to win were proven right.  It's pretty simple and undeniable, the Jets looked like a completely different team.  Yet some like Beerfish claim they saw things in their imagination during that game.  No roll outs whatever he imagined, the team looked 100% different.  In a good way.  Why can't we just be happy about it, if Darnolds healthy and playing we should have an offense to deal with most sundays.  

Whoa - I can't recall anyone else in this forum ever even raising this issue.  How in the world did you identify it?!

I am seriously impressed with your football acumen!