Fire Gase Brigade

Jetster

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So we simply know that if you give a coach a franchise great Qb he can make an offense look decent and anything else looks like sheer and utter garbage.  I feel the same way about Gase now as I did before, he is not a good coach.

He still even in that game yesterday was making darnold a statue back there stuck in the pocket with zero planned roll out plays which makes a plays success 100% dependant on the oline doing their job.

If you look at Watson, mahommes, wilson they all have roll outs and mobility plays to go along with in the pocket plays.

A great offensive coach is suppose to cobble together at least limited success without all the tools but he was totally unable to get anything out of the jets until darnold came back and suddenly he is a genius again.

Again, why are you putting words in fans mouths regarding their view of Gase. Not once in this entire thread did a Jet fan supporting Gase TO NOT BE FIRED called him a genius. 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

If the Cowboys tied the game, the decision to not stop the clock to give your offense enough time to get down the field and get in FG range would have been a complete and total Todd Bowles moment.   Going into overtime would not have been good.  Cowboys had all the momentum. 

Game balls for the coaching staff went to Williams.  He shut down the best offense in the NFL.  I think Darnold coming back and showing what we were missing is actually more a knock on Gase than a compliment.  You cant let the entire building collapse because of 1 injury.

This took a lot of intellectually strenuous effort. Kudos.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Again, why even waste your time with the guy, if he is so terrible?  Or could Gase not see that. Not a good sign.  

This is pretty lame.  Seriously.  His 3rd string, practice squad, project to become a backup or a 3rd string didn’t work out forced into action and that’s not a good sign?  Because no HCs backups don’t work out? 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Threads like this are so uninspired. It’s so apt that fans who are “Ho Hum” that a coach and GM gets extended after a 5-11 season two years ago get over the top excited after winning their first game in Week 6. 

Look, I think Gase was a bad hire and I don’t think he’s good enough to take the Jets where we all want them to go. He’s got a healthy QB1 for the rest of the year. Let’s see how he does the rest of the season before anointing him the next great thing. Because if he was going to be the next great thing, he’d still be in Miami. 

And what was the point of adding Bowles or Macc into this? 

2 hours ago, JiF said:

If the Cowboys tied the game, the decision to not stop the clock to give your offense enough time to get down the field and get in FG range would have been a complete and total Todd Bowles moment.   Going into overtime would not have been good.  Cowboys had all the momentum. 

Game balls for the coaching staff went to Williams.  He shut down the best offense in the NFL.  I think Darnold coming back and showing what we were missing is actually more a knock on Gase than a compliment.  You cant let the entire building collapse because of 1 injury.

So some of you watched the game and came away thinking if they handed the ball Bell, everyone knowing this, he would have simply run the clock out?  Lol

We seem to forget that if Darnold didn’t throw a pick and we get even a FG the games over?  Or if the refs don’t throw a fantasy PI flag on 3rd and 27.

Some fans, surprise, those who hated Gase and predicted play calling would change with Darnold are having a hard time with this. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

So some of you watched the game and came away thinking if they handed the ball Bell, everyone knowing this, he would have simply run the clock out?  Lol

We seem to forget that if Darnold didn’t throw a pick and we get even a FG the games over?  Or if the refs don’t throw a fantasy PI flag on 3rd and 27.

Some fans, surprise, those who hated Gase and predicted play calling would change with Darnold are having a hard time with this. 

Did you mean to respond to me?  These 2 points you've brought up have absolutely nothing to do with Gase not using his timeouts at the end of the game.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

If, and I am not saying it will definitely happen, but IF they beat the Pats this is a 9 win team (this season).

The criticism that Gase took about the offense wasn't fair. Gase is way out on a limb so there is plenty to criticize him about. But Luke Falk sucking isn't his issue. 

Falk didn't get any first team snaps before the Eagles game. Guess what? The Jets were losing with Falk no matter what. So I am glad Sam got time last week and this week. It paid off against the Cowboys.

again the issue here with allot fans is that it looks like the coach did not even make an attempt to adjust to falk

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

These are the responses you get from supposed Jet fans? This retort screams that deep down you want Gase to fail just so you can gloat. It’s the opposite of how true fans feel today & exactly why I started this thread. 

This thread is garbage, bro

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rammagen said:

again the issue here with allot fans is that it looks like the coach did not even make an attempt to adjust to falk

The real issue is the idea that a simple adjustment would have made the offense run smoothly.  That Falks bad play was due to play calling

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

If, and I am not saying it will definitely happen, but IF they beat the Pats this is a 9 win team (this season).

The criticism that Gase took about the offense wasn't fair. Gase is way out on a limb so there is plenty to criticize him about. But Luke Falk sucking isn't his issue. 

Falk didn't get any first team snaps before the Eagles game. Guess what? The Jets were losing with Falk no matter what. So I am glad Sam got time last week and this week. It paid off against the Cowboys.

For me, it wasnt about the losses, it was about the historic ineptitude on the heels of going into a shell vs. Buffalo and giving that game away.  Your QB is going to get hurt in the NFL.  You cant just fold up like a lawn chair when he does.  You need to be able to adjust and hold fort like other teams around the league have done.  I get Falk was terrible but you rolled with him and kept saying things like; he's the best person to do this, etc.  if that's the case, show you could adjust.  It's was our first look into how he deals with adversity and anyone that follows the NFL, especially the Jets, knows there is more adversity on the way.  I'd like to have confidence that Gase can handle it.  Right now based on the start of this season and his tenure in Miami, I dont. 

That said, I hope I'm wrong.  I've always been mind that no matter what happened this season, you have to give him and Joe an offseason together to execute whatever vision it is they have for this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well, history will tell the story one way or another, but watching the game last night I was convinced that:

1. Darnold was sick against Buffalo

2. Darnold was drained in the 2nd half of that game

Right but again, it's about how he handles adversity.  Your QB being fatigued in the 2nd half of a game is battling a form of adversity.  It was still Sam +16.  It's not like he had Luke Falk out there.

It's whatever at this point.  Hopefully he deals with it better in the future.

18 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Then why not lean on the running game in the 2nd half last night? 

Ugh, because it wasn't working when they didn't know we would run on every down

Lose and he wasn't attacking enough.

Attack all game and he should have went conservative 

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In other news Tampa Bay is 31st in points scored against on defense.  1 point better than Atlanta.  And most dopes in the media still think todd bowles is a good coach.

In other news this has absolutely nothing to do with the Jets anymore. 

Who cares? 

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Right but again, it's about how he handles adversity.  Your QB being fatigued in the 2nd half of a game is battling a form of adversity.  It was still Sam +16.  It's not like he had Luke Falk out there.

It's whatever at this point.  Hopefully he deals with it better in the future.

Game was lost by the D, not the O.  

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Game was lost by the D, not the O.  

The defense that scored as many points as the offense?  I dont believe scoring 8 points is enough to win a Football game in modern day NFL.  If you disagree, than I quite honestly dont really think you should be discussing Football intelligently at any level.  And I like you, a lot.

10 hours ago, heymangold said:

sure - scored 21 points in the first half then could only muster a FG in the 4th quarter to cling to a win.  exactly like the buffalo game but actually held on this time.

1 game isn't going to change my mind on him.

Yet all it took was one game (Buffalo) to form said opinion. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The defense that scored as many points as the offense?  I dont believe scoring 8 points is enough to win a Football game in modern day NFL.  If you disagree, than I quite honestly dont really think you should be discussing Football intelligently at any level.  And I like you, a lot.

Human nature to blame the last thing for the entire result. In a 1 point game basically any play could've changed the outcome.

Just now, JiF said:

They should have put up another 4 points which were missed through no fault of their own.  Which would have been a win

When youre up 16-0 in the 4th, without the Ks, and you lose, it's on the D. 

We should have won, no matter how the points were accumulated 

3 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Yet all it took was one game (Buffalo) to form said opinion. 

They won and it's the HCs fault after beating a team no one here thought we would beat that we didn't win by more

You can't  make this up.  It's beyond reasoning

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They should have put up another 4 points which were missed through no fault of their own.  Which would have been a win

When you’re up by 16 and the D provide half the points...

ah why even bother.  My gawd man. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Again, why are you putting words in fans mouths regarding their view of Gase. Not once in this entire thread did a Jet fan supporting Gase TO NOT BE FIRED called him a genius. 

What do you think of Gase Jetster?

Do you believe Gase is a potential Super Bowl winning Head Coach?  If so, what have you seen in his time in NY that indicates that to you?

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, JiF said:

When you’re up by 16 and the D provide half the points...

ah why even bother.  My gawd man. 

Just like if the Dallas kicker had made that gimmie kick yesterday, Dallas would have won?

Or do only we get the woulda, coulda, shoulda presumption?

• Thumb Down 1