Sign in to follow this  
TuscanyTile2

Today is 10/14/2019: Rank The QBs From The 2018 Draft

I don't get all the Lamar love.  RG III says hi.  We have seen this all before, and it never works out; the QB gets hurt and then it's all downhill.  Is he really the one to change this trend?  hey, maybe he is and I'll eat crow, but I need to see it be sustainable before I believe.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree, but for now Lamar is the real deal.  He may burn bright but short, and his window might be 5-7 years instead of the 12+ year careers that pocket passers can have.  We've been discussing this in another thread but I see a similarity with Josh Allen.  Allen is big, has a cannon, and can run/scramble....but his accuracy is lacking and if you force him into needing a long drive with numerous 10-15 yard completions, confining him to being a pocket passer, he's mediocre.  Sadly, I think Josh Allen (and perhaps Lamar) will go the way Cam Newton is going....taking too many hits, losing his running effectiveness and thus, his overall effectiveness as a QB.

I guess, but that is why I do not like these "let's rank the 2018 QBs TODAY" posts.  Last week, Sam is dead last and today some have him 1st.  after one game?  My point on Lamar is:  which of these QBS would I have wanted the Jets to have drafted back in 2018 for the long run.  And I would not say Lamar.  As some have said, he was taken last in the 1st round, which means he went to the best team.  If he's our QB, he's not doing nearly as well as he is in Balto.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Darnold

Jackson

Mayfield

Allen

Rosen

Honestly, seeing what the Jets offense looks like without Darnold, then with him, is the biggest endorsement you could get. I don't sense that with any of the other guys...

It's fine to have Jackson currently ranked higher based on his overall stats/wins but I think you're crazy if you'd actually rather have him as your franchise QB going forward.

After looking really strong last year Baker's sophomore slump is troubling to say the least. He has serious flaws in his game. 

Allen is way better than I thought he'd be, but his ceiling is always going to be a poor man's Cam Newton.

Rosen was dealt a tough hand but it's not a good sign when getting yanked for Ryan Fitzpatrick dramatically improves the offense.

this right here.  can't believe I have not seen more posts pointing this out.  the Jets offense was simply INEPT for three weeks.  what changed?  did they all of a sudden get a good Oline? (one could argue it got even worse with Osemele out, Edoga replacing Shell, who was benched, and the aforementioned Shell having to switch to LT when KB got hurt)  did Bell run off 250 yards rushing?

No.  Darnold returned.  that's it.  and as usual, I started hearing on the sports radio this morning "well the Cowboys aren't any good anyway" rhetoric that we've come to expect as Jets fans.  last week, all we heard about was how the Cowboys were top 10 offense and top 10 defense.  How Sam returning will help, but won't be enough blah blah blah.  now the Jets win, so they must suck.

Put Sam on that Browns team with all those weapons?  wow - look out!  or Buffalo with the defense?  I could go on, but you get my point.

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company