Officiating

PS17

23 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Completely incompetent or totally corrupt.  No middle ground 

Even back when I was betting big money on games years ago,I used to laugh at people for saying things like this. Not anymore buddy. Did you ever think for a minute they were letting Green Bay lose this game?

It’s not even funny anymore, I shut off the tv tonight and I actually asked myself why do I still watch this sh*t? Replay was supposed to help, but if anything it’s gotten worse.

You hit the nail on the head. Incompetence or corrupt. I’m starting to lean toward the latter.

• Upvote 2

The ref's gave that game to Green Bay. It was glaringly obvious and even the ESPN morons calling the game agreed. So many game changing bullcrap calls and non-calls makes me sick. The ref's are corrupt, paid off by gamblers or the league is corrupt and instructs the ref's on which team will win.   Maybe a little of both.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

We give Booger a lot of crap here for being a bad analyst

2 time SB winner, clear cogent...   has forgotten more about football than all the 50 or so idiots on my ignore list combined could attempt to understand....

but yeah...  good on 'im

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

We finally get a franchise QB and the league becomes unwatchable 

fml

He is not protected yet, a few more wins (maybe playoffs?) and a few more retirements and the "stripes" could start to protect Sam with bogus penalties, helping our Jets win a few games...

of course being the Jets that's when they will crack down and fix the issue

23 hours ago, phill1c said:

It has nothing to do with replay or anything technical with the process. It's jets vs. COWBOYS and they are always going to do that when jets are 0-4 and COWBOYS are America's Team. The Jets overcame it and until they start having success, they will continue to have to overcome it until Sam Darnold is going down the field with his division-leading JETS against some 0-4 team.

Just wait til the Monday night game. If they hit Brady remotely as hard as they pounded Dak the Jets will have 10 Roughing calls. 

43 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Holding, Hands to the Face, and Spot Foul PI need to be eliminated.

They can't get it right, so just get rid of it. It's seriously more fair that way.

As of now, sh*t is completely broken.

At the very least, the automatic first down portion should be wiped out.  If the penalty results in a first then that's one thing, but there's times the penalty yardage would have gotten them nowhere near a first, and that really is ridiculous to be handed one regardless.  Offensive penalties always give the team the opportunity to make up for it immediately (i.e., hardly any of them include a loss of down), while defensive penalties typically are far more substantially slanted in the other team's favor that would take 3+ plays to make up for.

• Upvote 1

The NFL has become even more crooked than it ever was before. I mean it has become blatant. They want the games close and then they can decide the winners probably 80% of the time, by who gets penalized. Remember how Belichick would always be complaining about bogus calls to the League office. Robert Kraft has so much pull that his arrest is treated as if it never happened. While Jets players are ALWAYS being given 4-6 game suspensions, every single year we start out "light". There are two sets of rules for the "so-called" elite teams and the teams with owners like The Johnsons who never squawk about anything, thus the league knows that they can use the Jets for getting the teams they want to where they need them to be.

The way I see it now is it always seems to come down to bad ownership. Have you EVER seen the Steelers or the Pats get penalties like that at a point in the game as critical as that was? Yea, me neither. 

14 minutes ago, jetswin said:

The league favors its favorites, see Cowboys, Steelers, Patriots...it was painfully obvious the NFL wanted a Cowboys win Sunday, same as it wanted a Packers win last night.

I think with all the chord cutting now and the huge TV contracts owners they are demanding... Networks are down their throat to demand a guaranteed huge rating on pretty much every matchup.  It's a classic case of always trying to increase your viewership while getting away from your core audience.  Almost every decision the NFL makes seems to be about expanding the audience while pissing off purists  But this isn't Italy or Argentina, people will look elsewhere for sports entertainment.  We are maybe the one country that has an overabundance of prime time sports.  NFL Owners are under the impression that football culture in America is set in stone.  Add in all the parents moving their kids away from youth football because of CTE findings, I think it's becoming more like quicksand.  In 20 years time, things could be very different.  Esp if you don't clean up these blatant gimmes that determine playoff seeding for hard luck fan bases like the Lions.  A few years of this and their fans will go, "this is a maze without any cheese, f--- this.  I'll go elsewhere."

16 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I think with all the chord cutting now and the huge TV contracts owners they are demanding... Networks are down their throat to demand a guaranteed huge rating on pretty much every matchup.  It's a classic case of always trying to increase your viewership while getting away from your core audience.  Almost every decision the NFL makes seems to be about expanding the audience while pissing off purists  But this isn't Italy or Argentina, people will look elsewhere for sports entertainment.  We are maybe the one country that has an overabundance of prime time sports.  NFL Owners are under the impression that football culture in America is set in stone.  Add in all the parents moving their kids away from youth football because of CTE findings, I think it's becoming more like quicksand.  In 20 years time, things could be very different.  Esp if you don't clean up these blatant gimmes that determine playoff seeding for hard luck fan bases like the Lions.  A few years of this and their fans will go, "this is a maze without any cheese, f--- this.  I'll go elsewhere."

spot on, it's never been more obvious that the league is only concerned with $$$. With these bs London games the NFL tries to own the entire TV day on Sunday 9:30am-11:30pm.  Add Thursday's and Mondays, and it's just unmitigated greed with a real lack of regard to the players health