Marcus Maye

Rhg1084

Just now, sec101row23 said:

He’s always been talented, just never healthy.  Hopefully he has a good run of health this season.  He has dropped a few potential INTs though, could easily have 3 more INTs.  

Right.   The plays where he dropped the INT's were still very good PD plays so there is still impact but it would be great if our guys could actually hold on to some of those. 

Maye is a definite asset out there.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Maye played well. His biggest problem is staying on the field as we all know. When he has played at full speed he forms an impressive duo with Adams. Hopefully we get more of the same from these guys.

And it's only game 5. We are a streaky fan base with our love and hate cycles around here and I'm not willing to claim he's not injury prone yet but his talent is hard to deny. 

I would love nothing more than for him to make it through the entire season healthy. We are better if he does.

That all said, its going to be nice to see the Jets get a lot of players back right before the less intense half of the season. Darnold, Herndon, Mosely, Copeland etc in addition to a healthy Maye could give us the full team at the right time. And having endured the adversity makes for a stronger team.  I'll take the early blunders with gelling later than a strong first 6 games and a late season collapse every day. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

And it's only game 5. We are a streaky fan base with our love and hate cycles around here and I'm not willing to claim he's not injury prone yet but his talent is hard to deny. 

I would love nothing more than for him to make it through the entire season healthy. We are better if he does.

That all said, its going to be nice to see the Jets get a lot of players back right before the less intense half of the season. Darnold, Herndon, Mosely, Copeland etc in addition to a healthy Maye could give us the full team at the right time. And having endured the adversity makes for a stronger team.  I'll take the early blunders with gelling later than a strong first 6 games and a late season collapse every day. 

If the Jets o-line starts looking decent with Sam at the helm and some of the injured guys start coming back and the Jets start winning games as the schedules eases up it should be interesting to see what JD does at the trade deadline. 

Word on the street has been that at 0-4 there will be a fire sale but i'm not so sure. I mean, the Jets may move Leonard Williams b/c they don't plan to re-sign him long term but they may end up standing pat or adding some pieces otherwise. I don't nec. see a 'fire sale' or giving up on the season by JD. I mean, apart from Enunwa and Herndon, the Jets could be at full strength against a beat up Pats team and even if they lose that game, the hope is Herndon comes back against the Jags and then there are a bunch of very winnable games which will allow the Jets to go on a serious run. 

Even if the Jets end up 8-8, if you are JD, I don't think you can have a fire sale, I think you have to be very selective with the talent you move so this is able to go on a run and gain some confidence towards the end of the season, especially your young franchise QB. 

• Upvote 1

He's been very solid. He played particularly well in yesterdays game. Made some big tackles and broke up some big passes. 

I've said this all along, yes, Maye is injury prone- partially b/c of the way he plays HOWEVER, he has missed 10 of 37 games so far. Yes, he's been hurt in his career. But people make it seem like can never get on the field and that is simply untrue.  

• Upvote 1

Other INT attempts you can say he should have caught, but the one yesterday was just a great play...if he caught that too would have been an amazing play....  the day would have been perfect if he had stopped Elliot in the hole at the goal line, but...

Also, as good as Jamal's play was on the 2pt conversion if Marcus wasn't draped on Witten he would have caught that...thank god the refs didn't flag him for a physical play of a receiver within 5yds 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Guy caught a lot of grief on these boards for being injured last couple of years. Time to give him credit. He has been an absolute monster this year. Him and Adams are a dangerous combo in that secondary 

the guy isn't afraid to come up and tackle either.  he and adams are an excellent safety tandem.

7 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s always been talented, just never healthy.  Hopefully he has a good run of health this season.  He has dropped a few potential INTs though, could easily have 3 more INTs.  

offered to eat crow, my vibe said the shoulder would give out...    please get more INTs tho...