Props to Robby Anderson.

He did exactly what the Jets need him to do, make big plays!

Well done Robby.  I'd say that he even had two better catches in the game than the 92-yard splash play.  I don't recall them exactly but I remember one contested catch on the sideline pretty vividly.

I think Robby's game is becoming a little more well-rounded.  His hands are good and if he's running a larger set of routes more precisely then lookout!  THAT will open up lots of things because his speed has to be respected by CBs.

He'll get Gilmore next week in a big test for both him and Sam.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

He did exactly what the Jets need him to do, make big plays!

Well done Robby.  I'd say that he even had two better catches in the game than the 92-yard splash play.  I don't recall them exactly but I remember one contested catch on the sideline pretty vividly.

I think Robby's game is becoming a little more well-rounded.  His hands are good and if he's running a larger set of routes more precisely then lookout!  THAT will open up lots of things because his speed has to be respected by CBs.

He'll get Gilmore next week in a big test for both him and Sam.

After the near miss for the long one against the Bills this was so awesome to see. 92 damn yards!!!!!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I was definitely happy for Robby. Gase was tough on him in some early press conferences (which I like) and Robby showed a ton of maturity in how he responded -- or didn't respond (which I like even more). The kid seems like he has grown up and he is close to making some real money. He looked great yesterday. I still worry about his size but he plays bigger than he looks. And he now has the longest touchdown catch of the year.

He has every thing it takes. The one knock is he does need to get stronger, especially his hands strength. Other than that kid has all the tools and has growng into a guy you can be happy to have on your team. Go Robby!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Anderson had a very good game, and deserves definite credit for it, but his inconsistency is still a thing, and goes beyond this year.  He seems to have grown up, which is great, and if that includes him getting over his past ego of thinking of himself as a top guy, then the price may very well be right to bring him back.  Bottom line, he's got the talent to be a very good complementary player, but has never shown the ability to be a "top guy."  There's nothing wrong with that as long as he understands that too, because teams need plenty of those guys to fill out a complete roster.

Another guy who deserves some credit among the WRs is Demaryius Thomas.  That move was pretty widely panned early on, but I had thought he was starting to look a little better last week (despite the mess that game was overall), and he did very well with his opportunities yesterday.

Both of them, combined with Crowder, may not be truly elite prospects at this point in their careers, but they at least provide Darnold a variety of options capable of playing, which will get better when Herndon finally returns, so that's at least a step in the right direction.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

There were a couple of times during the game when someone was either talking smack to him or pushing him a little extra and he didn't react or say anything back, which impressed me (almost) as much as the long TD

Yeah I saw that too

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Kinda the unsung hero from last nights game. Obviously the names that captured the most attention was Darnold and his return, Adams key play to secure the game and Marcus Maye playing a really fantastic game. However, I want to make sure that Robby Anderson gets some love. It seems like anytime a thread is made on him it's to criticize some misunderstood public situation which usually turns into other things...

Dude had a really good game yesterday and really helped the Jets to get in position to put the game away early. What I liked the most was what Romo said about how Anderson has been "Open all year" and it's just been hard to get him the ball. Look at what happens when you hit this kid in stride. He's one of the most dangerous deep threats in the entire league. Sure, he's not a superstar, but he doesnt have to if our QB is a superstar. Hit Robby in stride and he will smoke anyone in front of him. Congrats to Robby and my guy @Losmeister. We've had our convo on this exact situation weeks ago. We knew it was coming. Darnold just free'd Robby! 

It felt good to see the Jets get a win in that fashion. The stadium was rocking. 

that was almost a game changing play.  when was the last time the jets came out and had an "in your face" score. one play 6 pts.  it doesn't get much better than that.  and robbie made a couple more nice receptions.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Robby can be productive when there are other receivers that draw attention.  He can’t carry a WR group, but he can be a nice compliment.  If DT and Crowder stay healthy he could have a nice season.  

Agree.  Put him with Crowder, Herndon and DT from 5-6 years ago and that's a very good group...

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Something tells me BB will try to limit RA deep and cover Crowder over the middle. Sam getting Herndon back is right on time. He’s going to need DT on his game as well. Finding completions and not forcing anything is key. Belicheck will definitely look to take away what we do good on offense.

Bell is our most dangerous weapon so if bb wants to sit back and cover the pass feel free. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Something tells me BB will try to limit RA deep and cover Crowder over the middle. Sam getting Herndon back is right on time. He’s going to need DT on his game as well. Finding completions and not forcing anything is key. Belicheck will definitely look to take away what we do good on offense.

the biggest issue is if the refs call a clean game.  gilmore is the only corner worth much on that team.  the rest of the guys bump, pull, face guard, on every play.

1 minute ago, genot said:

Butt fumble of the year.  Congrats.

when someone says shcitt that is that ******* retqarded? ignore list.

ps-cimini on the 92 yder ( Robbie had to move toward the safety to catch the ball cos Sam threw it a bit inside.)

"Anderson got separation, although not a lot -- 1.7 yards when the pass arrived."

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

when someone says shcitt that is that ******* retqarded? ignore list.

ps-cimini on the 92 yder ( Robbie had to move toward the safety to catch the ball cos Sam threw it a bit inside.)

"Anderson got separation, although not a lot -- 1.7 yards when the pass arrived."

Even if Robby only could run those go routes,{which is not true}, he does it so well, so consistently that it opens up the short and intermediate routes for everyone else. If darnold has some time to throw the football, he'll beat Gilmore deep. Very few receivers can blow the lid off a defense as consistently as Anderson. It's a rare commodity in the NFL.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Huh? When did we cut LeVeon Bell?

The way the Pats use James White in the passing game, is how we need to start using Bell.  We clearly cant create any push with the OL,. Bell literally is met by 4 guys at the LOS every run play and has to make something out of nothing.  Start using him in the short passing game, he is guaranteed to make the first guy miss.  If Herndon is back, they could do some fun trip sets with Anderson, Herndon, Bell, Crowder, Thomas, Montgomery.  I'd like to see some of that next week.  Sam needs to be getting the ball out fast vs. that pass rush.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, genot said:

Even if Robby only could run those go routes,{which is not true}, he does it so well, so consistently that it opens up the short and intermediate routes for everyone else. If darnold has some time to throw the football, he'll beat Gilmore deep. Very few receivers can blow the lid off a defense as consistently as Anderson. It's a rare commodity in the NFL.

Everything you said would be true except the fact that you think he’s a good route runner. If he was he’d actually be a real #1 instead of a #4, 3 at best on a super bowl contending offense. 
He’s one dimensional, which is still an asset for a good team. Some of you guys have the greenish tint of rose colored glasses though.