Props to Joe Douglas

9 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

It was a one year deal. We are 5 games into a 16 game season. As much I love to see kalil turn it around he has been bad each game. 

What we don't know is if Kalil helped Darnold with the pre snap reads - the audible for Robbies TD?

If he is helping him (football life lessons) than the contract is peanuts - and if the Jets had one good beat reporter that question could have been asked after the game...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

The QB position ain't 'handled' week to week.  If your first 2 QBs go down to injury in the first 5 qtrs of NFL play, IMO all bets are off.  Especially if you have a roster that is paper thin like the NYJ.

And, since no one has claimed the venerable Brock Osweiler still, despite his obvious prowess over the QB skills of  Luke Falk, I'm not killing Gase over it and giving him a pass on that.

As I asked JW on this or another thread...who was the better option than Falk?

And, if the Jets had signed Osweiler as you asked for, and the Jets still sucked, would you give Gase a pass, or would you be crucifying him for asking for Osweiler in the first place.

Stop...just, stop.

Just breathe. All Im questioning is that there was QB in Osweiller, with experience, who won NFL games in Gase's system vs a player with zero NFL experience who showed nothing.  And no, I wouldnt have crucified Gase and Douglas for trying because looking at Faulk's production it was pretty obvious that Faulk didnt belong on an NFL field. 

I've just been happy from close to the start when it became clear JD cared about the OL.

That was the most important thing to me when we started the GM hunt. I wanted a GM who recognized the importance of the trenches.

I mean of course I wanted someone who could evaluate talent and make smart roster decisions too... But MM made me nervous that maybe there are other potential-GMs out there who have the OL low on their priority list too. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, how well he drafts is the key ingredient.  Unless a GM makes a series of really bad moves, he should get 2-3 years of drafts and free agents signings to see what's what.  Draft well and avoid Trumaine Johnson type signings.

I'm sort of amazed at the overreaction by a precious few to the Vedvik deal.  It cost the Jets a game?  You know for sure that another kicker would make all the kicks he missed?  You know, the team had a 16-0 lead....  Whatever.

Sure, okay, that was a bad move.  How about Alex Lewis, though?  Started two straight weeks and has looked pretty good. Hairston's been hurt, but looked a lot better than Tru (yeah, I know, low bar there).  VS is very raw, but has flashed some big play ability already.

Kalil looked much better vs. Dallas. The holding call on him looked very iffy, and that was by a brutally bad flag-happy officiating crew. You could argue that Gase should not have rushed him into starting for a couple of weeks or so, but for some reason he must not like Harrison at all...  If for some reason Kalil returns to sucking, he was still worth a flyer at a position that the previous GM ignored in the offseason.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

Yeah, how well he drafts is the key ingredient.  Unless a GM makes a series of really bad moves, he should get 2-3 years of drafts and free agents signings to see what's what.  Draft well and avoid Trumaine Johnson type signings.

I'm sort of amazed at the overreaction by a precious few to the Vedvik deal.  It cost the Jets a game?  You know for sure that another kicker would make all the kicks he missed?  You know, the team had a 16-0 lead....  Whatever.

Sure, okay, that was a bad move.  How about Alex Lewis, though?  Started two straight weeks and has looked pretty good. Hairston's been hurt, but looked a lot better than Tru (yeah, I know, low bar there).  VS is very raw, but has flashed some big play ability already.

Kalil looked much better vs. Dallas. The holding call on him looked very iffy, and that was by a brutally bad flag-happy officiating crew. You could argue that Gase should not have rushed him into starting for a couple of weeks or so, but for some reason he must not like Harrison at all...  If for some reason Kalil returns to sucking, he was still worth a flyer at a position that the previous GM ignored in the offseason.

Yeah I agree about the kicker... who knows and the defense wasn't prepared for missing Mosley.

7 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

Yeah, how well he drafts is the key ingredient.  Unless a GM makes a series of really bad moves, he should get 2-3 years of drafts and free agents signings to see

How about Alex Lewis, though?  Started two straight weeks and has looked pretty good.

Hairston's been hurt, but looked a lot better than Tru (yeah, I know, low bar there). 

VS is very raw, but has flashed some big play ability already.

Kalil looked much better vs. Dallas. ..... was still worth a flyer at a position that the previous GM ignored in the offseason.

Well constructed post. Agreed.

The kneejerkoffs believe we should have 5 new OL, a new HC, a new b/u QB...  blabbedy blah blah blah...