Met Life Stadium

32 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Oh, what could have been....

6pig3w0ep0w21-2.thumb.jpg.ed2ad142d810d04355c3fa64aa6f69a6.jpg

You would have been miserable.

1. Only 60,000 seats were planned.

2. No parking, no tailgating.

3. Tons of foreign tourists taking up seats.

4. Twice as many luxury suites.

5. Astronomical ticket prices.

6. Traffic like you wouldn't believe.

West Side Stadium would have been a disaster.  Lucky you have that rendering; that was the only thing good about the thing.

SAR I

27 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Metlife is an expensive trash can with luxury suites .

MetLife cost the taxpayers nothing, so who cares what it cost the billionaire NFL owners?

Luxury suite revenue helps keep gameday ticket prices down.  Ticket prices that the Jets haven't raised since 2009, the year before we moved into MetLife Stadium.  My tickets are $15 a game cheaper in 2019 than they were in 2010.

All NFL stadiums are the same.  And the thing that complainers pretend they care about like the concourses and the facade- they don't pay any attention to that on gameday.  All they care about are tailgates, getting drunk, and getting into their seats 10 minutes late.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Anyone who went to the game deserves a freakin medal 

the crowds will get better as they win and Sams legend grows 

Having enemy fans around has its benefits.

The Cowboys fan a few rows behind me was cursing like a sailor, turns out Cowboys fans are more frustrated than Jets fans as they think this is a Super Bowl year for them (LOLOLOL).

And when we win, well, that's quite funny.  "How 'bout dem Cowboys!" chants in the stairwells as we departed was sorta funny.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

That really would have been something else, right out to dinner after.

If you've been to New York Rangers games in Manhattan you know that it can take an hour to get your car out of a parking lot and through the Lincoln or Midtown tunnels.  And that's 18,000 people!  Can you imagine 82,500 Jets fans on a Sunday at 7pm?  They'd be cursing that stadium from here to Montauk, pounding WFAN with angry calls 10 times a year as to why the Jets just didn't share a stadium with the Giants in New Jersey.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Luxury suite revenue helps keep gameday ticket prices down.  Ticket prices that the Jets haven't raised since 2009, the year before we moved into MetLife Stadium.  My tickets are $15 a game cheaper in 2019 than they were in 2010.

They haven’t raised the prices because the team has been the laughingstock of the league since then. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Regardless of where the stadium is located, what name is on it, the color or design, if the product on the field is good and the organization is moving in the right direction, the Jet fans will be there.

For those who were in the stadium against Green Bay to win the division, the following week crushing the Colts or the final game in the old stadium against Cincy to make the playoffs, did you really care where the stadium was located or the color of the seats? We care about the Jets and winning football.

Sure it aggravates me to sit amongst all of the cowboy fans yesterday and other opposing teams the past years, but it was sweeter leaving last night with a win.

We are building the pieces to have a winning football team and while I am always cautious, I do believe we have the quarterback. Keep adding pieces and win games and you will see less opposing fans in the stadium.

I typically do not like to predict games but I do truly feel we are winning Monday night against the Pats. If you are debating going to the game, show up and enjoy. It will be one less Pats fan there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Firefraud is inconsequential.  No one chants in my section.  We view it has manipulative and childish.

SAR I

Come on @SAR I you wont wrinkle the Dockers or the Polo argyle short sleeve or wear out the Allbirds by standing up and chanting and to be sure you wont lose your voice bring a bag of Ricola's.

55 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You would have been miserable.

1. Only 60,000 seats were planned.  I'm fine with that, like the trend in baseball.

2. No parking, no tailgating.  Driving to the game is overrated anyway.  I'd love "pre-gaming" in bars around the city, taking a ferry or train to the game or even better, staying in midtown on a Saturday night before the game and walking over from the hotel.

3. Tons of foreign tourists taking up seats.  Possibly, but we'd make them Jets fans. :) 

4. Twice as many luxury suites.  Possibly and I don't like that.

5. Astronomical ticket prices.  Supply/demand.  They'd come down like they have at MetLife until the Jets start winning.

6. Traffic like you wouldn't believe.  See #2.

West Side Stadium would have been a disaster.  Lucky you have that rendering; that was the only thing good about the thing.

SAR I

It's 8 games a year.  I think it would have been a unique homefield advantage unlike anything in the NFL.  Let those opposing teams see the stadium lit up as they land in Newark with the illuminated Empire State Building behind it, make them hear the cars honking and let their team bus be surrounded by yellow cabs as they try to get to the stadium and see a sea of green doing a "stadium walk" like we do for National Team soccer games with the American Outlaws.  Get the clap going, march into the stadium.

IMG_3057.thumb.jpg.a6a9f96ca5ea4106becf24b9f197bba1.jpg

giphy-33.gif.d0f6f6e3e8e61a86bb5080440bf71040.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Having enemy fans around has its benefits.

The Cowboys fan a few rows behind me was cursing like a sailor, turns out Cowboys fans are more frustrated than Jets fans as they think this is a Super Bowl year for them (LOLOLOL).

And when we win, well, that's quite funny.  "How 'bout dem Cowboys!" chants in the stairwells as we departed was sorta funny.

SAR I

The Cowboy fans were classless with their "Let's go Cowboys" chants during injury timeouts for Jets players. Sounded like it started from the endzone on the west side of the stadium. 

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

They haven’t raised the prices because the team has been the laughingstock of the league since then. 

Doesn't matter why, the fact is that PSL owners believed we would be asked to pay gameday ticket price increases every 3 years just like we did in Giants Stadium.  And instead, our tickets went down in price.  The $13 per game my PSL's cost me is less than what I thought the price increases would be.  Translation?  There was no PSL.  It was just a pre-payment on a ticket increase that never came.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Doesn't matter why, the fact is that PSL owners believed we would be asked to pay gameday ticket price increases every 3 years just like we did in Giants Stadium.  And instead, our tickets went down in price.  The $13 per game my PSL's cost me is less than what I thought the price increases would be.  Translation?  There was no PSL.  It was just a pre-payment on a ticket increase that never came.

SAR I

Price of a daily bagel.newspaper or cup of coffee. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Come on @SAR I you wont wrinkle the Dockers or the Polo argyle short sleeve or wear out the Allbirds by standing up and chanting and to be sure you wont lose your voice bring a bag of Ricola's.

First, I'm not the only one who doesn't do the stupid chant.  No more than 20% of the fans do.  Next, it has nothing to do with Ed, it's just an archaic ritual from the 80's that those of us from the 90's and 00's don't participate in, not any different than the Wave. 

Lastly, and the biggest body blow, is that the Jets in-game production team is killing the chant as they don't allow it any room in their presentation.  Commercials, games, promos, there isn't a moment of silence for which the three clowns in chant clothing can get anything going.

Watch this Beningo clip.  Even this guy hates the chant.  It's only 3 minutes long, watch it:

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

If you've been to New York Rangers games in Manhattan you know that it can take an hour to get your car out of a parking lot and through the Lincoln or Midtown tunnels.  And that's 18,000 people!  Can you imagine 82,500 Jets fans on a Sunday at 7pm?  They'd be cursing that stadium from here to Montauk, pounding WFAN with angry calls 10 times a year as to why the Jets just didn't share a stadium with the Giants in New Jersey.

SAR I

Nobody drives to Rangers games.  The public transportation options are plentiful, LIRR, PATH etc.  If you drive to see the Rangers you are just doing it all wrong.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Billyg said:

The Cowboy fans were classless with their "Let's go Cowboys" chants during injury timeouts for Jets players. Sounded like it started from the endzone on the west side of the stadium. 

The cowboys fans next to me were great.  Friendly. Two brothers and their girlfriends. From Long Island.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's 8 games a year.  I think it would have been a unique homefield advantage unlike anything in the NFL.  Let those opposing teams see the stadium lit up as they land in Newark with the illuminated Empire State Building behind it, make them hear the cars honking and let their team bus be surrounded by yellow cabs as they try to get to the stadium and see a sea of green doing a "stadium walk" like we do for National Team soccer games with the American Outlaws.  Get the clap going, march into the stadium.

IMG_3057.thumb.jpg.a6a9f96ca5ea4106becf24b9f197bba1.jpg

giphy-33.gif.d0f6f6e3e8e61a86bb5080440bf71040.gif

That the same crowd that makes the Red Bulls and NYCFC fan base? I've only seen the Red Bulls Stadium a few times but Yankee Stadium... eeesh.  Well it may be good for baseball but whoever thought "soccer would be pefect here!" needs to have their head examined.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

First, I'm not the only one who doesn't do the stupid chant.  No more than 20% of the fans do.  Next, it has nothing to do with Ed, it's just an archaic ritual from the 80's that those of us from the 90's and 00's don't participate in, not any different than the Wave. 

Lastly, and the biggest body blow, is that the Jets in-game production team is killing the chant as they don't allow it any room in their presentation.  Commercials, games, promos, there isn't a moment of silence for which the three clowns in chant clothing can get anything going.

Watch this Beningo clip.  Even this guy hates the chant.  It's only 3 minutes long, watch it:

SAR I

No more than 5% visiting fans. Dallas strolls in around 50%.

80% of the fans don't do the chant. By your calculations, 95% of the fans there are Jets fans. So you are saying only 20% do that chant. False.

You bring fuzzy math to a new level.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Copernicus said:

I dont have season tickets. The Jets made that a non option when they moved.. The Jets , a NY team, moved two bridges and a tank of gas away from their original fan base with the idea that Giants Stadium was the best fit for the majority of its fans. Assuming that NJ fans would easily make up for fans that could not financially withstand the move. Real tough to blame any of the original fan base and expect them to pay , on top of normal expenses, for two bridges and sit in tons of traffic when they pleaded not to leave. 

Bottom line is the Johnson’s has a chance to correct this awful move to Giants stadium and totally screwed it up. It’s pretty clear from the embarrassing amount Cowboys jerseys at the stadium yesterday 

11 hours ago, Jojo's jets said:

Come back to Queens or Manhattan ? Until then I will watch in the comfort of my house. I hope u were watching yesterday Woody

LOL;.  It's because the team has lost 7 home games in a row and hasn't had a winning season in forever let alone a home playoff game.  Win 7 home games in a row and see what the proportion of colors will be.  Look, when any team changes venue it causes hardship.  I grew up a couple of miles from Shea and went all the time.  Walked thru Flushing Meadow park most of the time or subway.  Later on took the LIRR form Bayside.  And sure.. many STH's bailed out understandably. But the move was 35 years ago.  Had the Jets built a tradition of winning at any time during said 35 year period, this thread wouldn't exist.  The reason for opposing colors is far more that the team sucks dirty-ass than which side of Manhattan they play on.   Really... 35 years.  Maybe... just maybe, it's time to stop the crying.  Dallas fans were in the stadium because the jets have been a terrible team and people don't want to watch them.  Not because they moved from dumpy Flushing to swampland Meadowlands 35 years ago, both venues being under 10 miles from midtown Manhattan.  Annual winning records with multiple playoff games would change all that in a heartbeat.  But I guess this as good a time to pull the old Queens/Long Island violin out of the closet.  Such a sad story, I know.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Which is why you take the subway, Metro North, LIRR or PATH to MSG or Barclays. Even without the stadium, right now driving into Manhattan is time-consuming and expensive. If the WSS ever cam into existence, there would have been no tailgating, but a lot of pre gaming in bars in midtown, 

10 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Meaning any home game that can fetch above face value on ticket resale.

No one can criticize season ticket holders on the grounds of being cheap; they have spent the better part of the last 10 years paying thousands of dollars for a very bad product and if they want to recoup some of that, it's their prerogative.

Note also that with millions of fans and only a few thousand tickets, every time a season ticket holder lists a game or two on Stubhub it is creating a wonderful opportunity for younger fans and non-season-ticket-holding fans to go to a game in a very good seat.  If those two groups of Jets fans choose not to buy those seats and instead let opposing fans in, that is on them, not the season ticket holder.

SAR I

9 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Nobody drives to Rangers games.  The public transportation options are plentiful, LIRR, PATH etc.  If you drive to see the Rangers you are just doing it all wrong.

I've always got two of my kids with me and at 10pm the trains to my enclave in Bergen County are rather infrequent, can take 90 minutes to get home.  At that hour on a weeknight I can make it from the parking lot on 8th Avenue to my door in under 30 minutes.

SAR I