Met Life Stadium

9 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

That the same crowd that makes the Red Bulls and NYCFC fan base? I've only seen the Red Bulls Stadium a few times but Yankee Stadium... eeesh.  Well it may be good for baseball but whoever thought "soccer would be pefect here!" needs to have their head examined.

World Cup in France.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

No more than 5% visiting fans. Dallas strolls in around 50%.

80% of the fans don't do the chant. By your calculations, 95% of the fans there are Jets fans. So you are saying only 20% do that chant. False.

You bring fuzzy math to a new level.

Just one man's impression based on what he sees around him.  When the chant starts, I'm looking at the fans in my section and those around me and only a handful are chanting.

Forget the 3 chant leaders and the few thousand chanting fans for a moment.  The issue (if you want to call it that) is that the Jets are exacting their revenge on Fireman Ed in brilliant, hysterical, passive-aggressive fashion. 

They put up an image of all 3 chant leaders at once, not as impactful as just putting up Ed, reduces him to a bit-player.  Then they play commercials or highlights on the other 2 screens, both featuring loud music.  If you remember the old days, after a TD the PA would go dead silent so the chant could happen.  And again before the subsequent kickoff too.  But now that dead air is filled with PA stuff.  And I think they do it on purpose, they're phasing Ed and that chant out.  It's too dangerous for a $3.2 billion dollar business to have a brand that is soiled and blows with the wind of the mood of a 65 year old blue collar worker.  Don't mean to sound morbid, but I believe the Jets are waiting for Ed to 'go' so they can replace him with a big headed stuffed animal like every other NFL team has.  Something that's cute and furry for the kids.  Something that doesn't have a mouth or a social media presence.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just one man's impression based on what he sees around him.  When the chant starts, I'm looking at the fans in my section and those around me and only a handful are chanting.

Forget the 3 chant leaders and the few thousand chanting fans for a moment.  The issue (if you want to call it that) is that the Jets are exacting their revenge on Fireman Ed in brilliant, hysterical, passive-aggressive fashion. 

They put up an image of all 3 chant leaders at once, not as impactful as just putting up Ed, reduces him to a bit-player.  Then they play commercials or highlights on the other 2 screens, both featuring loud music.  If you remember the old days, after a TD the PA would go dead silent so the chant could happen.  And again before the subsequent kickoff too.  But now that dead air is filled with PA stuff.  And I think they do it on purpose, they're phasing Ed and that chant out.  It's too dangerous for a $3.2 billion dollar business to have a brand that is soiled and blows with the wind of the mood of a 65 year old blue collar worker.  Don't mean to sound morbid, but I believe the Jets are waiting for Ed to 'go' so they can replace him with a big headed stuffed animal like every other NFL team has.  Something that's cute and furry for the kids.  Something that doesn't have a mouth or a social media presence.

SAR I

Holy hell dude! Damn, you embrace that shit. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

After 23+ years yes after the new stadium was built my LL (lower level) seats were bumped back by those with higher seniority and thats ok they earned it. I was bumped back a dark hole almost last row. So I tried the UD (upper deck) row 4, 1 year in MetLife the seats were up there the players looked very small  as the new stadium was built way higher. That situation and 2 kids enrolling in college. I attended every game in those 23+ years regardless of the weather, game time.oppnonent,win -loss record re-arranged everything that way and stayed until the clock was at 00:00 all while getting up for work at 4 am on Monday morning.I took my son now a NY Jets fan to his first game when he was 4 it the first NFL game ever delayed by lightning vs the Colts. I donated the pre-season tickets to the United Way every year. 

How about you Jet Nut how many years did you have season tickets and how many home or away games have you attended. 

For a guy who has so much negative to say about many here, let's  hear your story. 

Otherwise STFU 

To me, lower bowl are the worst seats in the house.  Way back in the day, they were less expensive than seats above them.  My favorite seats were middle ring.  Need some height to see the entire field, not just what's in front of you.  Have a friend who had seats 5 rows back 20 yard line.  If the teams were on the opposite 20 you watched on the screens.  If they were in front of you and they ran Curtis to the far sideline you had no idea how many yards he gained. At the time I sat 5th row, 50, upper deck, best seats I ever sat in, could see the entire field, knew immediately which WR broke open, where the QB was going or should go, who he didn't see open.  Can't get that anywhere. Not even on the live tv shot, only replay.

ive had STs since 1977.  I never missed a game to anything other than a health issue. So you STFU, I asked a question and Nancy took it personal.  You insinuated that @SAR Isold his tickets, as if you think he has to go to every game, I thought you have some nerve busting balls when you gave up your tickets.  Don't get who you think you are with this one.  But you get pissy with me?  40 years buddy, move on from this argument 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

To me, lower bowl are the worst seats in the house.  Way back in the day, they were less expensive than seats above them.  My favorite seats were middle ring.  Need some height to see the entire field, not just what's in front of you.  Have amfriwnd who had seats 5 rows back 20 yard line.  If the teams were on the opposite 20 you watched on the screens.  If they were in front of you and they ran Curtis to the far sideline you had no idea how many yards he gained. At the time I sat 5th row, 50, upper deck, best seats I ever sat in, could see the entire field, knew immediately which WR broke open, where the QB was going or should go, who he didn't see open.  Can't get that anywhere. Not even on the live tv shot, only replay.

So you never had season tickets to dump. LOL just as I thought. 

You've been watching in your damp musty basement eating stale pretzels and drinking warm beer your entire life. 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell dude! Damn, you embrace that sh*t. 

As the Jets hadn't won a home game in a year, I've had 8 games in which to pay attention to crowd behavior.  So I'm kinda sorta an expert on that obtuse subject.  I have a feeling that window has closed as it's going to be nothing but W's and MVP's from here for Mr. Darnold.  These stadium threads will be in the rear view mirror just like they were in '10 and '11 when no one cared and no one complained.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As the Jets hadn't won a home game in a year, I've had 8 games in which to pay attention to crowd behavior.  So I'm kinda sorta an expert on that obtuse subject.  I have a feeling that window has closed as it's going to be nothing but W's and MVP's from here for Mr. Darnold.  These stadium threads will be in the rear view mirror just like they were in '10 and '11 when no one cared and no one complained.

SAR I

“ winning cures all ills!”

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You've been watching in your damp musty basement eating stale pretzels and drinking warm beer your entire life. 

Do you seriously think I said I haven't been going to games? 

I've been going since 77.  Guess the at the time I sat on the.....confused you

Oh, the rest of you question, I've been to Pats, Browns, Bengals, Pitt, Philly, Bills.  You? 

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The chant was terrible this week because half the fans were Cowboys fans lol. Not 5%.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Do you seriously think I said I haven't been going to games? 

I've been going since 77.  Guess the at the time I sat on the.....confused you

Oh, the rest of you question, I've been to Pats, Browns, Bengals, Pitt, Philly, Bills.  You? 

@joewiliy12

You two need to stop ruining threads.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

That is not a question for season ticket holders; that is a question for basement-TV viewing pretzel eaters as there are millions more Jets fans in the area than there are Cowboys fans and yet the Cowboys fans show up to support their team and the Jets fans don't.  Every Cowboys fan in the building yesterday could have been a Jets fan from the area.  Tickets were at or below face value on Stubhub for weeks.

SAR I

I would of actually went if tickets dropped below face, they we 70+ all week even for the nose bleeds

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Copernicus said:

So at minium almost half our home games (Cowboys, Steelers, and Giants) there is more of a home field advantage for the visitors.  

Lets not forget opening day vs the Bills where the stadium seemed less than home for us.

Just ridiulous

This team hasn't won in almost a decade, and NYC is an international hub of 20 million people (from all over the country) located 20 miles or less from the stadium.

What do you honestly expect?

That being said Metlife is an engineering debacle and one of the biggest architectural blunders of the century.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Tried to send you a PM, says you're not receiving PMs.  

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The chant has been neutered by the Jets putting those other 2 bozos on the screen next to Ed, who should be the only bozo leading the chant.  The chant, when done at the correct time, is still as awesome as it gets in the NFL.

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

The chant has been neutered by the Jets putting those other 2 bozos on the screen next to Ed, who should be the only bozo leading the chant.  The chant, when done at the correct time, is still as awesome as it gets in the NFL.

Fireman Ed is no bozo and I agree those other 2 guys need to give it up already. 

• Upvote 1

To get back to the original question, it was overwhelmingly Cowboys -- like, maybe more than any crowd I've ever seen at MetLife for a Jets game.  I don't think that's unexpected, given (1) how huge a fan base the Cowboys are, (2) that the Cowboys have been decently lately and (3) that we suck.

That being said, as is always the case when the Jets play well, the crowd was pretty loud for the Jets as well. 

And there's nothingggg better than when a large opposing fan base comes in and watches their team lose.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I was asked a question and answered it, what's wrong, no ones fighting here.

Talking about having tickets from 77 and loving it?  What's wrong with that?  

Well if that is what happened, my bad. I scanned the board and it looked like you guys were one upping each other so I mentally flagged it and made that post. I am not going back and reading things over, so I will leave it at my bad. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

To me, lower bowl are the worst seats in the house.  Way back in the day, they were less expensive than seats above them.  My favorite seats were middle ring.  Need some height to see the entire field, not just what's in front of you.  Have a friend who had seats 5 rows back 20 yard line.  If the teams were on the opposite 20 you watched on the screens.  If they were in front of you and they ran Curtis to the far sideline you had no idea how many yards he gained. At the time I sat 5th row, 50, upper deck, best seats I ever sat in, could see the entire field, knew immediately which WR broke open, where the QB was going or should go, who he didn't see open.  Can't get that anywhere. Not even on the live tv shot, only replay.

ive had STs since 1977.  I never missed a game to anything other than a health issue. So you STFU, I asked a question and Nancy took it personal.  You insinuated that @SAR Isold his tickets, as if you think he has to go to every game, I thought you have some nerve busting balls when you gave up your tickets.  Don't get who you think you are with this one.  But you get pissy with me?  40 years buddy, move on from this argument 

FWIW, that was more so in Giants Stadium than in Met Life.  The Mezz (middle ring) in this stadium is about the equivalent of lower rows in Uppers at old Giants Stadium (in terms of height and horizontal distance from field).  I researched this with my Rep when considering both.  I had Mezz corners row 8.  It felt like upper corners at Giants stadium and then my rep confirmed that the Mezz row 9-11 was about the equivalent of Giants Stadium uppers row 1, in fact they were horizontally FURTHER from the field than was the row 1 uppers at Giants Stadium. About 50-60 feet further away and just about the same height.  

That's why PSLs  in the Mezz were only $4,000 initially and later PSLs were removed altogether from Mezz corners/endzones  as they opened up all remaining Mezz to non PSL holders.   

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

will need several years of consistency, namely making playoffs, for any big change.  It will take a while.

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

yah, the tickets were selling very high. 

i think that lead to some folks selling - given we didn't know about Sam.

how are tickets looking this week?

I don't know.  I will be all the way out in PA at work well into Monday evening and decided to sell these a couple of weeks ago rather than find a replacement at work.  My face value is $170.  Mind you, when I do sell, I always price my tickets at least $20 lower than others listed around me, so the sale is quick.  I'm not out to make the most money back, just to get the headache of unloading them over with.  For the MNF Pats game,  I got 88% over face value (before the stubhub 15% rake).  These sold in under 6 hours.  Had I waited until everyone knew Sam would be back and capable of good play, it would have been more, probably considerably more. Tickets were going for more on Ticketmaster than stubhub and with only a 10% rake, but the stubhub sold first.  Probably to Pats fans.  Oh well.  

Payment info
Price per ticket $320.00  
Quantity x 3  
Total ticket price $960.00  
Service fee - $144.00  
Your payment $816.00  
Payment option: Pay me by PayPal
Paid to: ----
Sale info
Order #: -------   |     Order date: ------
New England Patriots at New York Jets Tickets (Kevin Mawae Hall of Fame Night) at MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
Mon, 10/21/2019, 8:15 PM US/Eastern
Lower Prime 
Row 16 
Thanks for using StubHub!

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Well if that is what happened, my bad. I scanned the board and it looked like you guys were one upping each other so I mentally flagged it and made that post. I am not going back and reading things over, so I will leave it at my bad. Thanks.

Nah, I actually like Joe.  But thanks to being cool about it.  I'm a loser who's had Jets tix since 77, give me some leeway, bragging about 42 years worth of suffering should by me something.  Wait to you get this beat up, lol