Met Life Stadium

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

FWIW, that was more so in Giants Stadium than in Met Life.  The Mezz (middle ring) in this stadium is about the equivalent of lower rows in Uppers at old Giants Stadium (in terms of height and horizontal distance from field).  I researched this with my Rep when considering both.  I had Mezz corners row 8.  It felt like upper corners at Giants stadium and then my rep confirmed that the Mezz row 9-11 was about the equivalent of Giants Stadium uppers row 1, in fact they were horizontally FURTHER from the field than was the row 1 uppers at Giants Stadium. About 50-60 feet further away and just about the same height.  

That's why PSLs  in the Mezz were only $4,000 initially and later PSLs were removed altogether from Mezz corners/endzones  as they opened up all remaining Mezz to non PSL holders.   

True, I get what you're saying.  

43 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't know.  I will be all the way out in PA at work well into Monday evening and decided to sell these a couple of weeks ago rather than find a replacement at work.  My face value is $170.  Mind you, when I do sell, I always price my tickets at least $20 lower than others listed around me, so the sale is quick.  I'm not out to make the most money back, just to get the headache of unloading them over with.  For the MNF Pats game,  I got 88% over face value (before the stubhub 15% rake).  These sold in under 6 hours.  Had I waited until everyone knew Sam would be back and capable of good play, it would have been more, probably considerably more. Tickets were going for more on Ticketmaster than stubhub and with only a 10% rake, but the stubhub sold first.  Probably to Pats fans.  Oh well.  

Payment info
Price per ticket $320.00  
Quantity x 3  
Total ticket price $960.00  
Service fee - $144.00  
Your payment $816.00  
Payment option: Pay me by PayPal
Paid to: ----
Sale info
Order #: -------   |     Order date: ------
New England Patriots at New York Jets Tickets (Kevin Mawae Hall of Fame Night) at MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
Mon, 10/21/2019, 8:15 PM US/Eastern
Lower Prime 
Row 16 
Thanks for using StubHub!

wow.  that's a great price.  

Just now, batman10023 said:

wow.  that's a great price.  

Good, not great.  Was hoping to get closer to $400/each.  That's what the Cowboys game was selling at for rows in the teens.  That price would be closer to 'great', but even Pats fans aren't as dumb as Cowboyz fans.  I kept checking SH and TM for sections 137 & 140 prices.  Couldn't pull the trigger.  Happy to see Sam win, despite the Refs doing all they could to stop it..

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

FWIW, that was more so in Giants Stadium than in Met Life.  The Mezz (middle ring) in this stadium is about the equivalent of lower rows in Uppers at old Giants Stadium (in terms of height and horizontal distance from field). 

dd.jpg

ee.jpg

That may be your perception, but it's not the reality.  Mezz A is the same distance from the field as in Giants Stadium both in height and in pushback.  I've spent enough time up there in the first row of both.  See photos.

The Upper Deck got hurt as they added two decks of luxury suites and exposed more rows of the Mezz to the elements, so the UD went up and back.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

will need several years of consistency, namely making playoffs, for any big change.  It will take a while.

Those doing the complaining are watching on TV.  Those in the stadium couldn't care less how loud a chant is or how many opposing fans are there.  I actually like opposing fans, they are quite polite and it makes it more fun when we win and they always leave early when we lose.  Its inconsequential.

SAR I

52 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Good, not great.  Was hoping to get closer to $400/each.  That's what the Cowboys game was selling at for rows in the teens.  That price would be closer to 'great', but even Pats fans aren't as dumb as Cowboyz fans.  I kept checking SH and TM for sections 137 & 140 prices.  Couldn't pull the trigger.  Happy to see Sam win, despite the Refs doing all they could to stop it..

that's like 2.5x face.  i admit i would have sold my tickets if i could get $500 bucks for them (2x face).  but i didn't even list them as my son would have been pretty sad to not go to the game.

• Sympathy 1

When the Jets build a contender they will have a true home field advantage. 

Cowboys always travel well. I saw a billion Cowboys fans in Times Square Saturday in town to catch the game. I don’t really think attendance is a huge problem but the atmosphere will change when the team as actually good 

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

that's like 2.5x face.  i admit i would have sold my tickets if i could get $500 bucks for them (2x face).  but i didn't even list them as my son would have been pretty sad to not go to the game.

my son is 29.  He used to feel that way too.  

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Those doing the complaining are watching on TV.  Those in the stadium couldn't care less how loud a chant is or how many opposing fans are there.  I actually like opposing fans, they are quite polite and it makes it more fun when we win and they always leave early when we lose.  Its inconsequential.

SAR I

yeah... if all opposing fans were like Villain, nobody would be complaining about bad behavior.  Just bad opinions ?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, SAR I said:

dd.jpg

ee.jpg

That may be your perception, but it's not the reality.  Mezz A is the same distance from the field as in Giants Stadium both in height and in pushback.  I've spent enough time up there in the first row of both.  See photos.

The Upper Deck got hurt as they added two decks of luxury suites and exposed more rows of the Mezz to the elements, so the UD went up and back.

SAR I

false.  We've been through this.  Not doing it again.  My rep (I think yours too at the time) Andy, dug deep and we compared it.  Leave it at that.  You honestly think that where you sit was like Mezz corner in Giants Stadium?  With its fishbowl stacked set up, Mezz corners were practically on top of the corner of the endzone.  I sat there a lot and loved it. I think your Giants stad seats were more on sidelines, but still mezzanine, so you know.  Your 1st row seats are awesome SAR.  They really are.  Love row 1.  So enjoy.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dcat said:

false.  We've been through this.  Not doing it again.  My rep (I think yours too at the time) Andy, dug deep and we compared it.  Leave it at that.  You honestly think that where you sit was like Mezz corner in Giants Stadium?  With its fishbowl stacked set up, Mezz corners were practically on top of the corner of the endzone.  I sat there a lot and loved it. I think your Giants stad seats were more on sidelines, but still mezzanine, so you know.  Your 1st row seats are awesome SAR.  They really are.  Love row 1.  So enjoy.

I saw row 4 in the mezz old stadium, sideline \ corner endzone. It felt WAY closer in the old stadium.

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I saw row 4 in the mezz old stadium, sideline \ corner endzone. It felt WAY closer in the old stadium.

Because it was. Both vertically and horizontally. 

Giants stadium was built like a stack of pancakes. Each level as close to the field as possible. MetLife NOT stacked design like that. Mezzanine, suite level and luxury boxes, and uppers are all set back way farther. Stacked designs are old and outdated and are not built any more. I liked them though.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, SAR I said:

MetLife cost the taxpayers nothing, so who cares what it cost the billionaire NFL owners?

Luxury suite revenue helps keep gameday ticket prices down.  Ticket prices that the Jets haven't raised since 2009, the year before we moved into MetLife Stadium.  My tickets are $15 a game cheaper in 2019 than they were in 2010.

All NFL stadiums are the same.  And the thing that complainers pretend they care about like the concourses and the facade- they don't pay any attention to that on gameday.  All they care about are tailgates, getting drunk, and getting into their seats 10 minutes late.

SAR I

90 % of NFL fans enjoy tailgating . You are part of the 10 % GET OFF MY LAWN doodie heads . Please drive your BMW far far away .

On 10/14/2019 at 1:55 PM, Copernicus said:

For those who were at the game (or not), what were your impressions of the stadium yesterday?

From my couch it seemed like their were as many, or more Cowboy fans. Even Sam Darnald mentioned it in the post game. 

I feel like even the referees have little respect/ fear of making a call against us in crunch time. Just like what happened yesterday. We would NEVER get the benefit of the doubt pass interference calls on the last drive on the road like the Cowboys did, the miss of Crowder being face masked, and half the Cowboys OLINE jumping off sides on the last drive. 

IMHO, we have had zero home field advantage after moving from Shea to Giants Stadium. 

Even with Sam coming back there were as many Cowboys fans (or more) than Jets fans.

Does anyone ever see this changing? 

their or there

7 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

The chant has been neutered by the Jets putting those other 2 bozos on the screen next to Ed, who should be the only bozo leading the chant.  The chant, when done at the correct time, is still as awesome as it gets in the NFL.

The Jets have neutered the chant.  Split screen has Ed with 2 other morons.  Music overwhelms the attempts.  Fans are into sing-a-longs and helmet races.  Chant is on its last legs.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I why aren't the end zones painted green anymore? 

62893722-BC91-4-D49-BC15-C480-CF337-FF6.

The Jets couldn't get the shade of green correct, in the preseason home opener it looked teal, we looked like the Jaguars.  I don't blame the Jets; hard to get that shade of green to work atop the green turf.

I like the black endzone art anyway.  Wish they would just roll with that all the time.

SAR I

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Because it was. Both vertically and horizontally. 

Giants stadium was built like a stack of pancakes. Each level as close to the field as possible. MetLife NOT stacked design like that. Mezzanine, suite level and luxury boxes, and uppers are all set back way farther. Stacked designs are old and outdated and are not built any more. I liked them though.

dd.jpg&key=c3e1aaf1366c2f4ff7a36f0c56f58

jetrai-zpsa821ee88.jpg

The Suite and Upper Deck levels are as you say pushed out and pushed up.  The Mezzanine and Lower Levels are practically identical to what they were in Giants Stadium.  The reason you perceive them differently is because the place is so huge and cavernous.

Compare the two photos.  Just look at the distance back on the Lowers and where the first row of the Mezz hangs over.  Same geometry.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

90 % of NFL fans enjoy tailgating . You are part of the 10 % GET OFF MY LAWN doodie heads . Please drive your BMW far far away .

Hey, if they like to get drunk and barbecue before a game that's fine with me.  Where I park I don't deal with any of that, I haven't had to trip over hot coals or seagull feces in 5 years.  No football has bounced on any of my cars either.  I'm good.

But those who tailgate dawdle too long in their slop.  The stadium doesn't look full until there are 5 minutes left in the first quarter.  Eat faster.  Eat less.  Piss faster.  Drink less.  Get your asses in the seats.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, Jojo's jets said:

2025 the Jets  have a option to break the lease? Please do 

atte.jpg

Not happening.  The Jets are #2 in attendance in the entire NFL.  Think about that.  And we split the losses on the days the place is empty with the Giants.  MetLife Stadium is an outrageous success.  You'll never see a solo Jets stadium and you'll never see our New Jersey based organization ever consider moving back within New York's borders.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

The chant has been neutered by the Jets putting those other 2 bozos on the screen next to Ed, who should be the only bozo leading the chant.  The chant, when done at the correct time, is still as awesome as it gets in the NFL.

The chant was great when it was organic and happened in many sections/areas of the stadium.  I've met Ed a few times and I think he's a good Jet fan , but when it all revolved around one centerpiece it became too contrived. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I cannot disagree more with that statement. The numbers of opposing fans gives them a sense of security that they can do and say what they want and if they do get in an altercation - they're not losing season tickets. It's become a real problem. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I cannot disagree more with that statement. The numbers of opposing fans gives them a sense of security that they can do and say what they want and if they do get in an altercation - they're not losing season tickets. It's become a real problem. 

While it doesn’t apply to my section, if others are subjected to abuse that’s wrong and you are correct. 

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

I haven't had to trip over hot coals or seagull feces in 5 years. 

Anybody know anyone who owns trained seagulls, like for movies, etc?

I thought last season's game against Green Bay was bad for away fans, but Sunday was crazy. Surrounded by Cowboys fans. 

For the record, LI folks have been complaining about the Jets moving to NJ for nearly 40 years
I had season tickets at Shea and I lived in Brooklyn. When they moved to Giants Stadium I followed. Late 90s I moved to the Jersey Shore and still have my season tickets that either my kids or me.
I am also an Islander fan, When the Islanders moved to Brooklyn a few years ago many LI people were butthurt because the team belongs on LI. Now they are playing most of their games at the Coliseum. Look at the attendance, they have the lowest in the NHL. Well it’s the smallest venue in the NHL they say.
Well you still can’t fill it.
I was there last week and if there was 8000 people in attendance it was a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have neutered the chant.  Split screen has Ed with 2 other morons.  Music overwhelms the attempts.  Fans are into sing-a-longs and helmet races.  Chant is on its last legs.

SAR I

I don't think it's on its last legs, but they definitely don't do it any favors with the nonsense that you mention.  You need to be able to hear a pin drop (and you used to be able to) right before the chant to make it awesome.  Not the stupid air raid siren blaring in the background.

• Upvote 1

On 10/14/2019 at 5:04 PM, Copernicus said:

So at minium almost half our home games (Cowboys, Steelers, and Giants) there is more of a home field advantage for the visitors.  

Lets not forget opening day vs the Bills where the stadium seemed less than home for us.

Just ridiulous

Umm. no. Just because there were a lot of fans it's a huge jump to think there were more than Jets fans. That will never be the case in any home team's stadium.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My son and his friends attended Sundays game against the Cowboys he just handed me a towel had it in his car.

FAN TENNIAL with the 2 ugly triangles on it. 

Is this the best the NY Jets could do with fan appreciation. 

@SAR I  you need to talk to the NY Jets they need to give out better stuff. 

LOL yea this was pretty dumb

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My son and his friends attended Sundays game against the Cowboys he just handed me a towel had it in his car.

FAN TENNIAL with the 2 ugly triangles on it. 

Is this the best the NY Jets could do with fan appreciation. 

@SAR I  you need to talk to the NY Jets they need to give out better stuff. 

I give up on that stuff.  I have so many Jets towels in my garage I don't even bother taking them when we walk through the gate anymore. 

And then the Jets stopped giving us gifts every August in the season ticket package.  Used to be personalized caps, hats, scarves, coolers.  Now they just give us cash.  Very impersonal.

The Jets are a $3.2 BILLION dollar enterprise and here they are, doing a 50/50 raffle like you'd find at a fireman's fair in Kentucky and putting a logo on the scoreboard to make $250.  I don't get how they denigrate the brand in this manner.  Such small thinking.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1