Met Life Stadium

On 10/15/2019 at 2:24 PM, Dcat said:

I don't know.  I will be all the way out in PA at work well into Monday evening and decided to sell these a couple of weeks ago rather than find a replacement at work.  My face value is $170.  Mind you, when I do sell, I always price my tickets at least $20 lower than others listed around me, so the sale is quick.  I'm not out to make the most money back, just to get the headache of unloading them over with.  For the MNF Pats game,  I got 88% over face value (before the stubhub 15% rake).  These sold in under 6 hours.  Had I waited until everyone knew Sam would be back and capable of good play, it would have been more, probably considerably more. Tickets were going for more on Ticketmaster than stubhub and with only a 10% rake, but the stubhub sold first.  Probably to Pats fans.  Oh well.  

Payment info
Price per ticket $320.00  
Quantity x 3  
Total ticket price $960.00  
Service fee - $144.00  
Your payment $816.00  
Payment option: Pay me by PayPal
Paid to: ----
Sale info
Order #: -------   |     Order date: ------
New England Patriots at New York Jets Tickets (Kevin Mawae Hall of Fame Night) at MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ
Mon, 10/21/2019, 8:15 PM US/Eastern
Lower Prime 
Row 16 
Thanks for using StubHub!

This is why we will never have a home field advantage . If you want to make money , go play the stock market .

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

This is why we will never have a home field advantage . If you want to make money , go play the stock market .

1.  Sunday is proof positive that homefield advantage means nothing to players.

2.  Show up or shut up.

SAR I 

37 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  what about mini-helmets,water bottles, heavy plastic mugs, t -shirts instead of the damn towels. 

Anything is better than a flag or a towel at this point.  But it'll never stop.  Because the flag is brought to you by Waste Management and the PA needs to shout WAVE YOUR TOWELS while they put up a graphic of Waste Management.  After all, Waste Management paid $500 for that spot.  Gotta grab that $500.  Can't be a $3.2 billion dollar corporation if we aren't worried about every last nickel.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Anything is better than a flag or a towel at this point.  But it'll never stop.  Because the flag is brought to you by Waste Management and the PA needs to shout WAVE YOUR TOWELS while they put up a graphic of Waste Management.  After all, Waste Management paid $500 for that spot.  Gotta grab that $500.  Can't be a $3.2 billion dollar corporation if we aren't worried about every last nickel.

SAR I

I thought M+T Bank sponsored the flag?  All this stuff is trash. 

7 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

So, would you like to send me the money I would eat for those weeknight games that I usually can not attend?  I'll send you my address. No?  Why not?  Oh...  I should eat the losses, according to you, right? 

So where do you sit?  Do you go to every game?  I try to, but I can't always because other things take priority, particularly on weeknights when work is the priority.  Last year I made 6 games.  Do you know I've posted tickets here at least 10 times or more in the last decade, and before that on JI,  usually for Monday otr Thursday night games, and always at under face value every time or for the best offer?  To no avail.  Why is that?  Because so many "Jets fans", including hordes of you on this site, like to complain about attendance and never go to games themselves Frankly, I've given up on all of you here.  Stubhub and ticketmaster make it so easy. They are a Godsend.  Go cry to them. 

p.s. You want a home field advantage?  Then spend some time getting Jets fans to actually go to the games rather than endlessly complain about the stadium attendance or whine about someone who goes to as many games as possible occasionally getting his costs back instead of eating the losses as usual.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Do you remember the caps with the Toyota logo on them?  LOL.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

So, would you like to send me the money I would eat for those weeknight games that I usually can not attend?  I'll send you my address. No?  Why not?  Oh...  I should eat the losses, according to you, right? 

So where do you sit?  Do you go to every game?  I try to, but I can't always because other things take priority, particularly on weeknights when work is the priority.  Last year I made 6 games.  Do you know I've posted tickets here at least 10 times or more in the last decade, and before that on JI,  usually for Monday otr Thursday night games, and always at under face value every time or for the best offer?  To no avail.  Why is that?  Because so many "Jets fans", including hordes of you on this site, like to complain about attendance and never go to games themselves Frankly, I've given up on all of you here.  Stubhub and ticketmaster make it so easy. They are a Godsend.  Go cry to them. 

p.s. You want a home field advantage?  Then spend some time getting Jets fans to actually go to the games rather than endlessly complain about the stadium attendance or whine about someone who goes to as many games as possible occasionally getting his costs back instead of eating the losses as usual.  

I went to games for 40 years . i paid my dues . And have bumkiss to show for it (maybe an ulcer) . I will bitch and moan until the cows come home . Ticket sellers have been the death of home field advantage in New york football .

• Thumb Down 2

15 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I went to games for 40 years . i paid my dues . And have bumkiss to show for it (maybe an ulcer) . I will bitch and moan until the cows come home . Ticket sellers have been the death of home field advantage in New york football .

That reasoning is defective.  The nonsense coming out of your mouth is all emotion and zero logic.  Blame the Jets fans who don't come for your woes, don't blame the fans who go to most games but sell their tickets for the games they can't attend.  You are no longer a STH?  Then you really should consider Shutting-TFU about this.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I hope the Jets are paying you handsomely for shilling for them . You are a bigger shill than Greg Buttle .

He is absolutely right.  If you no longer go to the games, you lose all accountability in criticizing other STH who can't make every game.  You want to solve the problem?  Start promoting attendance to other Jets fans who won't pony up a red cent to go instead of criticizing the fans who spend their money who actually do put fannies in the seats.  You are literally biting the hand that feeds attendance.  Your reasoning has the logic of a turnip.  Just bow out.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

He is absolutely right.  If you no longer go to the games, you lose all accountability in criticizing other STH who can't make every game.  You want to solve the problem?  Start promoting attendance to other Jets fans who won't pony up a red cent to go instead of criticizing the fans who spend their money who actually do put fannies in the seats.  You are literally biting the hand that feeds attendance.  Your reasoning has the logic of a turnip.  Just bow out.  

We can agree to disagree .

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

That reasoning is defective.  The nonsense coming out of your mouth is all emotion and zero logic.  Blame the Jets fans who don't come for your woes, don't blame the fans who go to most games but sell their tickets for the games they can't attend.  You are no longer a STH?  Then you really should consider Shutting-TFU about this.  

Did SAR I invite you to Thanksgiving dinner ? Don't forget to bring the grey poupon .

Every game I've been to for the past three years has been packed with opposing fans. I'm sure the Cowboys game was especially bad but every game is like this.

1) PSLs drove out a lot of long time season ticket holders.

2) When the team is bad people don't want to pay to go to these games.

It's really that simple. If the team starts to win consistently more people will get season seats and will want to go to games, and when that happens the issue will die down.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

I hope the Jets are paying you handsomely for shilling for them . You are a bigger shill than Greg Buttle .

When you graduate high school you will realize you should have spent more time trying to get a girlfriend.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Every game I've been to for the past three years has been packed with opposing fans. I'm sure the Cowboys game was especially bad but every game is like this.

1) PSLs drove out a lot of long time season ticket holders.

2) When the team is bad people don't want to pay to go to these games.

It's really that simple. If the team starts to win consistently more people will get season seats and will want to go to games, and when that happens the issue will die down.

Don't forget:

3) PSL's were a lame excuse for Giants Stadium season ticket holders to give up their seats.  Woody Johnson graciously left 27,000 seats without a PSL on them specifically for their use.  And they took advantage for two years.  And then the playoff runs stopped.  And then they quit on the team.

Those are the people who are missing.  Those are the people allowing opposing fans into the building.  Those are the fans who complain endlessly and do nothing about the problem that they caused.

SAR I

On 10/15/2019 at 10:51 PM, 56mehl56 said:

The chant was great when it was organic and happened in many sections/areas of the stadium.  I've met Ed a few times and I think he's a good Jet fan , but when it all revolved around one centerpiece it became too contrived. 

And for years, from day one it was two brothers in the upper deck, behind the EZs of Shea.  It originated and most years was one centerpiece.  Ed came on later, they overlapped at the Meadowlands. 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre right.

And unexpected the first time they came with our tix

I fully expected that with the new logos and colors this year that the team would do something like replace those caps with new ones with our section number on them.  Instead, they just gave us cash like that aunt whose name you can't remember who put exactly ten seconds worth of thought as she bought you a Best Buy gift card from CVS.

SAR I

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I fully expected that with the new logos and colors this year that the team would do something like replace those caps with new ones with our section number on them.  Instead, they just gave us cash like that aunt whose name you can't remember who put exactly ten seconds worth of thought as she bought you a Best Buy gift card from CVS.

SAR I

I was waiting for the new logo cap too.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

i don't think the Jets (and many of the teams) understand how annoying it is to have everything sponsored by a company.

we were looking for a garbage company a while back and specifically didn't use waste management.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I did like the Season Ticket holder caps complete with seat and row numbers on them.  

those were good.  I'm talking about different caps that were sent before those... perhaps back in Giants Stadium days.  It was a hunter green with an ugly white Toyota Logo on the back.  No seat numbers.  Complete garbage. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

those were good.  I'm talking about different caps that were sent before those... perhaps back in Giants Stadium days.  It was a hunter green with an ugly white Toyota Logo on the back.  No seat numbers.  Complete garbage. 

Yeah, I remember those, cheap as can be.  Also remember they sent out shltty khaki caps with the Jets logo.  Or were those one and the same?

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I remember those, cheap as can be.  Also remember they sent out shltty khaki caps with the Jets logo.  Or were those one and the same?

I still have the khaki one and a few of the green ones with the section on them in a box in my attic I think, unless my wife tossed them. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

NEW-YORK-JETS-NFL-Season-Ticket-Holder-C

The first was a green hat with that weird Jets logo that looked like lightning bolts. 

Then they sent a khaki version of the same hat a year or two later. 

Then when we moved to MetLife they gave us the nice ones with the section numbers. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

Just now, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I  @Jet Nut Do you guys remember the game when they gave out the energy drinks after the game?  

I remember carrying 3 cases away from the exit gate. 

I remember at the season opener in Kansas City in 2005 they gave every car entering the Arrowhead Stadium parking gates a loaf of bread. My friend and I couldn’t stop laughing. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

They were a nice token of appreciation gift to season ticket holders. 

Best season ticket thing was that little cooler. We still use it almost daily.  Also when Rex gave a game ball to the fans after a win over the Pats, so the team sent to all ST holders a little one.  

Worst game day giveaway were those flags with one of each letter in "Jets". The wife looks at it and says "T! What the #$%$ am I going to do with this?"

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I remember at the season opener in Kansas City in 2005 they gave every car entering the Arrowhead Stadium parking gates a loaf of bread. My friend and I couldn’t stop laughing. 

SAR I

Salty pretzels would increase beer sales...just sayin.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Worst game day giveaway were those flags with one of each letter in "Jets". The wife looks at it and says "T! What the #$%$ am I going to do with this?"

We got the E flags and sat right next to a bunch of rat bastard "J" flaggers, we did a very loud E! E! E! chant putting them down the first day we got the flags.  They have Club seats, look at us like we're crazy.

To this day there's a guy in my section who does an "E" chant after a big play.  He whips out the E flag and we all go "Eeeeeeeeeee", it's pretty funny. 

SAR I

• Haha 1