Darnold Is God

JetsLife

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Was it part of Chicks retirement 10 month gig, lol.  He played like 60 retirement shows.  

Seen Chick from Return To Forever days on.  

I bet it was a great show.  Talk to John and unfortunately hes omitting the US moving forward.  He lives in Monaco and its too hard post 911 to get a band to the US to tour.  Costs and red tape have ended plans moving forward, other than special situations like coming to the US for Chick.  Shame

That is a shame and yes it was for Chicks retirement residency. Victor Wooten was on bass and Lenny White on drums

39 minutes ago, CTM said:

That is a shame and yes it was for Chicks retirement residency. Victor Wooten was on bass and Lenny White on drums

Great shows, sad to think about Chick retiring, lots of great nights listening to Chick 

Just went to see the Miles Davis bio pic, The Birth Of The Cool and Lenny was in it, forget that he got his start drumming for Miles, that he replaced the great Tony Williams, who I saw and met when he was playing with McLaughlin back in the 70s.

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Great shows, sad to think about Chick retiring, lots of great nights listening to Chick 

Just went to see the Miles Davis bio pic, The Birth Of The Cool and Lenny was in it, forget that he got his start drumming for Miles, that he replaced the great Tony Williams, who I saw and met when he was playing with McGlaughlin back in the 70s.

That's great. I'm jealous lol

Chick is playing in Philly on 10/27, not sure if he has ny dates set 

Just now, CTM said:

That's great. I'm jealous lol

Chick is playing in Philly on 10/27, not sure if he has ny dates set 

I have a best friend who in the 70s, right out of HS loved John.  We used to go to his NYC shows all the time.  He went to France to train as a chef and met John in some smokey little Jazz club he was appearing in and struck up a conversation that led to a friendship.  After coming back to NY they continued and at Johns next gig he introduced me to him.  John swore he remembered me from the neighborhood he had an apartment in when he lived on 21st and 9th or 10th.  Funny, we spent a night out after his gig at the Blue Note I think and he was in my car, with Pat Methaneys drummer, Danny Gottlieb who the entire ride was begging John to let him play on his next album.  John kept telling him he liked his drumming but wanted a banger more like Billy Cobham.  Was sad and funny at the same time.

• Upvote 1

Sam Darnold counted to infinity. Twice.

When Sam Darnold enters a room, he doesn't turn the lights on, he turns the dark off.

Sam Darnold can strangle you with a cordless phone.

When Sam Darnold gives you the finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have left to live.

Once a cobra bit Sam Darnold' leg. After five days of excruciating pain, the cobra died.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Sam Darnold.

Sam Darnold can hear faster than the speed of sound.

Sam Darnold beat Halo 1, 2, and 3 on Legendary with a broken Guitar Hero controller.

On 10/15/2019 at 10:18 AM, Apache 51 said:

I understand. I thought Jerry Garcia was God.

23 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Sorry. LEMMY is the one true God.

23 hours ago, nycdan said:

Not when Eric Clapton was in the room.  

23 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Hendrix

18 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Only guitar god I would ever bow too is Rory Gallagher.  Hendrix showed what the guitar was capable of.  Rory Gallagher showed the passion needed to play it.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1