What was the most unexpected Jet win of your lifetime?

Jumbo2927

I'm going with the night of the Cooney vs Holmes Heavyweight title fight. I was visiting my buddy down in the Tampa area. After we watched the fight, we went to an after hours "bottle club" his older brother belonged to. The place was packed. Two really hot strippers asked me if I wanted to go home with them.

A great win, and totally unexpected.

Oh wait, you said unexpected Jets win... let me think about that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm going with the night of the Cooney vs Holmes Heavyweight title fight. I was visiting my buddy down in the Tampa area. After we watched the fight, we went to an after hours "bottle club" his older brother belonged to. The place was packed. Two really hot strippers asked me if I wanted to go home with them.

Was your jewelry gone in the morning? 

• Haha 2

Its easy to say the Super Bowl.  But I was 7 years old back then.  As a 7 year old who was new to football, I expected the Jets to win.  I just didn't know any better and I did not have the weight of history tempering my expectations the way the 50 years since have.

To me, the most unexpected win has to be the Divisional Playoff game in NE.  Just over a month after we got crushed by them; never expected we would win that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So you know what mono is like then

9 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Beating the 14-2 pats up in Foxboro after losing to them 45-3 on MNF earlier in the year and sneaking into the playoffs as the sixth seed.

Although to be fair, when David Harris got caught from behind by the oldest TE in the league on his Brady pick, I was certain it was a bad omen and those 4 points he left on the field would come back to haunt us.

edit: sorry I thought this was about what was the most satisfying win of my life.

Most unexpected: Pennington going into SD and beating the Chargers in the playoffs in ‘05. 

Not only did Harris get caught from behind but a few plays later folk missed a chip shot FG.  At that moment it felt like we blew a huge opportunity, luckily it wound up not mastering.

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m Gona go to the 97 season opener. We blew the doors off the Seahawks 41-3. After two years of kotite watching that felt so good. 

This is a good one that isn't obvious.  I don't think it was shocking that we won but the way we won was shocking. 

The game against the 12'win Packer team where we were in a win to get in the playoffs if the Pats lost.  Would have been so typical when everything broke right for us not to do our part to get us into the playoffs.

Also there was a game against the Jerry Glanville Oilers,in the late 80's.  They were undefeated and had physically destroyed the teams they beat.  Went to the game and were given no chance of winning and won 45-3 or something like that

7 hours ago, rangerous said:

i'm thinking the 82 playoff game against the raiders in oakland that sent them into the afce championship game.  the mud bowl was one of the most unexpected losses.

That loss in Miami was so Jetsy...  a gun slinging Richard Todd the week before to basically a dud offense.