The Pats are this seaons SB for the Jets

The Pats are undefeated yet you hear a lot in the media about their struggles, go figure.  

Belicheat will have them very well prepared, as usual, for the MNF spotlight vs the team he loves to crush.    I hope Gase and Williams are on the A+ game for this game.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

How about we simply play strong, shoot for 9-10 wins and WIN the Superbowl like the Giants did in 2007 and 2011 with 9 wins and 10 wins. I'll wax @SAR I's BMW if we make the AFC championship!

I'll do you one better I'll DRIVE @SAR I's car if we make the Championship Game!!! :) 

• Upvote 1

I completely agree. Just in the sense that they will be so amped to play them after the Dallas win and that Pats are undefeated but also banged up so the Jets actually have a sliver of a chance to beat them. This really is the biggest game of the year for them. 

UNLESS

They lose this game, then run the table beating everyone except for the Ravens and find themselves sitting there with 9 wins having to go to Buffalo to beat the Bills with their playoff lives on the line. Then THAT is their biggest game of the year.  

I'm sure it was not meant in a negative way but I hate the term our superbowl. Monday night is an important game, one that I believe we win. Coming off the win and Sam playing as he did, this game can be the next step to a nice run. Concerns are the officials as yes it is the Pat's, but in general, they have been horrible.

We win monday and then comes the true test. We simply can't lose to the jags or dolphins. 

I actually had a cowboy fan tell me sunday was our superbowl against them. My answer to him was not our superbowl but one more loss to keep you from getting there.

22 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I'm sure it was not meant in a negative way but I hate the term our superbowl. Monday night is an important game, one that I believe we win. Coming off the win and Sam playing as he did, this game can be the next step to a nice run. Concerns are the officials as yes it is the Pat's, but in general, they have been horrible.

We win monday and then comes the true test. We simply can't lose to the jags or dolphins. 

I actually had a cowboy fan tell me sunday was our superbowl against them. My answer to him was not our superbowl but one more loss to keep you from getting there.

I called it our SB because there is no realistic chance we can keep up with teams like KC or Houston in a playoff game if we get there. Also this team likely doesn't  run the table of cake teams in front of us. You know there is a stinker or two, probably Cin, maybe even Jax. This is possibly our best opportunity to beat the Pat's. 

43 minutes ago, prime21 said:

The Pats are undefeated yet you hear a lot in the media about their struggles, go figure.  

Belicheat will have them very well prepared, as usual, for the MNF spotlight vs the team he loves to crush.    I hope Gase and Williams are on the A+ game for this game.

I think the fact that they have not really been tested by any good teams, the fact that their offense looked pretty bad against an average Giants defense and flat out bad against a good Buffalo defense and the fact that they are really banged up right now is why so many in the media are not sold on them as being a dominant force despite the record. 

Right now they are winning because of their great defense and special teams play- a lot of which has to do with coaching IMO.    

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We all talked about how Gase has a good record against them. I would say the only key player missing now is CJ so team is near full strength. Show what you got. 

Gase was 2-4 vs the Pats with one of the wins coming on a miracle lateral play with no time left. I wouldn't exactly call that "a good record against them".

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

BMW?  Which one?  I have 3.

SAR I

Your boys can wax there own. Your wife take her every 7-10 days to the car spa. You probably take yours too, but it’s never good enough so after you pay $80-150 to get it detailed you park it in your favorite shade spot at the house, break out last years Allbirds and finish that bad boy off. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

We all talked about how Gase has a good record against them. I would say the only key player missing now is CJ so team is near full strength. Show what you got. 

Isn't Gase 2-4 against NE? And one of those wins was that flukey game at the end of last season. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Isn't Gase 2-4 against NE? And one of those wins was that flukey game at the end of last season. 

Oh look, it's  our resident Pat's homer. 

In the fluke game they played close enough  to win it and the Fins actually practiced that play so not sure what you mean by a fluke unless Gronk was supposed to be able to run down Drake. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

pats19.jpg

The New York Jets are about to be the toughest team the Patriots have faced all season.  This could be interesting.

SAR I

The thing you notice though, is that no one scores any points against them.

If Darnold puts up points on that defense, we should all be very excited about the future. 

We have no chance in this game simply due to reffing disparity.

The better the Jets play the worse the reffing will be.

Book at least two roughing the passer penalties against the jets and 2 to 3 Defenseive holding or pi calls.

Book 2 holding calls vs pats secondary but only called when the game is in hand.