The Pats are this seaons SB for the Jets

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

I think the fact that they have not really been tested by any good teams, the fact that their offense looked pretty bad against an average Giants defense and flat out bad against a good Buffalo defense and the fact that they are really banged up right now is why so many in the media are not sold on them as being a dominant force despite the record. 

Right now they are winning because of their great defense and special teams play- a lot of which has to do with coaching IMO.    

https://www.google.com/search?q=nfl+standings&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS860US860&oq=nfl+standings&aqs=chrome.0.35i39j0l5.1840j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11ffv6kjj0;6;/m/059yj;st;fp;1;;

They have scored the most pts and have given up the fewest pts? That is one way to go 6-0.

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

pats19.jpg

The New York Jets are about to be the toughest team the Patriots have faced all season.  This could be interesting.

SAR I

that is kind of interesting considering falk was qb and they didn't have more than a couple of first downs.  someone has to beat the patsies this season.  why not the jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

We won't win this game. The nfl is rigged the patriots will go undefeated and win the superbowl so Brady can retire

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Nah. They’ll get beat and I predict they’ll lose in the playoffs. And that SOB Brady will play until he wins another SB and probably until he’s 50!

19 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh look, it's  our resident Pat's homer. 

In the fluke game they played close enough  to win it and the Fins actually practiced that play so not sure what you mean by a fluke unless Gronk was supposed to be able to run down Drake. 

They practice that play so it wasn't a fluke. That's what you're trying to tell me? Right... A desperation play like that at the end of the game? That's silly...

17 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

They practice that play so it wasn't a fluke. That's what you're trying to tell me? Right... A desperation play like that at the end of the game? That's silly...

Nice retort.  Someone just told me a fact and I'm just going to say it silly to bring up facts. 

You should be in politics.  

Pats have always been toughest when they get out to big leads & they did that against everyone but Buffalo & the Giants and they were in a fight. 

Every single QB they went up against was inexperienced except for Big Ben. Steelers defense has not been good in 3 years, and they had the Bell & Brown hangover. Oh, and Belichick owns Tomlin & the Steelers zone defense. Brady just shoots ducks in a barrel. 

The key is getting the ball out, forcing Van Noy & Hightower to cover in space & getting just enough ground game to keep them honest so they can't ignore playaction. How many times have you seen the Pats just ignore play action & crush our QBs? 

I think they lose that Buffalo game without that dirty hit that knocked out Allen. Oh, and there's another example of the Pats getting away with murder. There is no way in hell a Jet player knocks out Brady with a helmet shot & doesn't get a flag. 

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Nice retort.  Someone just told me a fact and I'm just going to say it silly to bring up facts. 

You should be in politics.  

You claimed that the play at the end of the Pats/Dolphins game wasn't a fluke because the Dolphins "practice" that play. That's a ridiculous statement. I have no doubt that they practice that play, because all teams do. That's not where your argument falls apart. How often are those plays successful? Rarely. Therefore, it was a fluke. If it was successful often, then it wouldn't be a fluke.

You say I should be in politics? You're the one doubling down on the nonsensical...

28 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

You claimed that the play at the end of the Pats/Dolphins game wasn't a fluke because the Dolphins "practice" that play. That's a ridiculous statement. I have no doubt that they practice that play, because all teams do. That's not where your argument falls apart. How often are those plays successful? Rarely. Therefore, it was a fluke. If it was successful often, then it wouldn't be a fluke.

You say I should be in politics? You're the one doubling down on the nonsensical...

It's  rare those plays work but they practiced it the week before they played the Pats and all the laterals were exactly the same, it was part of the game plan so to speak. In any case, they kept the game close enough to win with a TD at the end. They didn't  get blown out. I don't  expect the Jets to beat the Pats Monday but if we keep it within one score, I'll be ok with the L.

6 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

It's  rare those plays work but they practiced it the week before they played the Pats and all the laterals were exactly the same, it was part of the game plan so to speak. In any case, they kept the game close enough to win with a TD at the end. They didn't  get blown out. I don't  expect the Jets to beat the Pats Monday but if we keep it within one score, I'll be ok with the L.

Now we're in agreement with everything...

The Jets ARE a different team than they were with Falk at QB. While Josh Allen is a joke, I believe Darnold will be the real deal. Without Mosely, I don't think the Jets have enough on defense to stop even the depleted NE offense. It should be an exciting game...