Sign in to follow this  
chrisfaceoff

Michael Bennett suspended

Pats suspended him for "Conduct detrimental to the team".

One solid defender to worry about this week.

• Post of the Week 2

If Gase could scheme on "O" like Rex could on "D", I'd be licking my chops. You know that Bellicheat will try to take Bell out of the picture. Got to give Sam time to throw.

Bennett played just 22% of New England’s defensive snaps in last week’s win over the New York Giants. He is old and past his prime. 

Jets should sign him up for the game plan

DId I read correctly on PFT he played 11 snaps agaisnt eh Giants, and had 5 tackles, 2 1/2 sacks, and 4 pressures? That's ridiculous if true

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets should sign him up for the game plan

He's suspended, not cut.

With that said, there is a good chance he gets cut after his suspension and I think would be a nice fit for this team. This guy has barely played and still has 2.5 sacks. 

He's old but if only asked to play on obvious passing downs you can keep him fresh and he could still get to the QB.

• Upvote 1

He whines too much

He also got zero bad pub he got for calling cops racist which video proved otherwise when he was placed on the ground outside of a bar

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

They discovered he was not taking his PEDs 

Actually, he questioned why he had to sell TB12 to 20 other people

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's suspended, not cut.

With that said, there is a good chance he gets cut after his suspension and I think would be a nice fit for this team. This guy has barely played and still has 2.5 sacks. 

He's old but if only asked to play on obvious passing downs you can keep him fresh and he could still get to the QB.

No, I know, was kidding given after we cut or are said to be cutting someone invariably someone says "Belicheat and the cheaters will sign him"

Someone needs to make that dude wear a real jersey and have real shoulder pads

31 minutes ago, jetswin said:

DId I read correctly on PFT he played 11 snaps agaisnt eh Giants, and had 5 tackles, 2 1/2 sacks, and 4 pressures? That's ridiculous if true

i believe that's over the 6 games this season.  no better than leo.

53 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

He is old and past his prime.

washed

54 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

They discovered he was not taking his PEDs 

He missed the film where they show how to cheat.....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jethead said:

If Gase could scheme on "O" like Rex could on "D", I'd be licking my chops. You know that Bellicheat will try to take Bell out of the picture. Got to give Sam time to throw.

We need to see if Sam can take what this D gives him. As you said Bell will be shutdown completely. My guess would be BB will also try to take Crowder away. If they do Sam will need to use WRs Robby and Thomas, and TE Griffin the best he can to mount drives. We need to scores several TDs on O to have any chance in this game. It also would be nice to get Mosley back and if so or anyway get more fans of our Jets there in the stadium then NE fans and scream their heads off when Brady is out there since we need to cause a few problems here and there for their O. I don't think we can win with a control the clock 10+ play multiple drives strategy since as I said BB will take away Bell and our Oline cannot run block very well.

Jachai Polite, err I mean Chase winovich has outplayed him and taken his roster spot (averaging about a sack a game), so he’s pretty much been marginalized playing wise.

He’s not really a part of the scary part of their D, but is just depth at this point.  I don’t think his absence helps us much.

Patriots suspend Michael Bennett after ‘philosophical disagreement’ with coach

The Patriots just reduced Michael Bennett’s role even more.

The three-time Pro Bowler, who has seen his playing time drop significantly in his first season with the Patriots, has been suspended by New England for Monday night’s game against the Jets due to conduct detrimental to the team, according to multiple reports.

Bennett, 33, confirmed the suspension to ESPN.

“On Friday, I had a philosophical disagreement with my position coach (Bret Bielema) that has led to my suspension,” Bennett said. “I apologize to my teammates for any distraction this may have caused.”

Bennett, who made the Pro Bowl in three straight seasons with Seattle (2015-17) and recorded nine sacks with the Eagles last season, has played on 35.7 percent of the Patriots’ defensive snaps this season, according to Pro Football Focus. In the season opener, he played more than 55 percent of snaps. In Thursday’s win over the Giants, he was on the field for 22 percent of the defensive snaps. Through six games, he has 2.5 sacks and four tackles.