Don't you think it's time that we sign an actual servicable backup QB ?

No. This teams success (as it’s built right now) is completely tied to Sam playing.

there aren’t any dude’s that can step in and carry the team like he can. Next year with a better line and better corner play a decent backup would make a difference. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why?

If Sam somehow gets hurt, then I’d rather trot out Fales or White and secure Jerry Jeudy/Andrew Thomas in April.

We’re 1-4. The only way we’re making a playoff run is if #14 is behind center. Otherwise, who gives a flying rats a$$hole?

Brock Osweiler isn’t making us competitive.

Totally agree. I was going jokingly say the only backup is Sanchez who is somewhere on TV doing NFL talk, but Brock is the best backup out there and he is no better than the McCown's and Fitzpatrick's of the NFL. Basically it is a waste of further needed cap space and probably would be no better than the backup scrubs we have. 

• Upvote 2

Pittsburgh just won a game with a guy named Duck at QB.

The legend known as UDFA kyle allen has won 4 in a row.

The same people crying that Gase can't be expected to win with falk at QB also do not want to get a back up with a pulse.

Holy absolute free pass batman.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

So if Sam gets hurt , we concede the rest of the season . That's horsesh-t . We need to at least appear to be competitive . Games 2 , 3 and 4 were horrendous .

Again, why? 

Like Tom said, without Darnold, the only purpose someone like Osweiler would serve is to win a completely meaningless game or two and knock us down in the draft order.

It’s still a long shot that we win 8 or 9 games if Darnold remains completely healthy the rest of the year.

If he goes down, I’d rather say f*ck this season and pick as high as possible in April.

Then maybe we can give Sam the franchise LT or legit #1 WR that we all desperately crave.

• Upvote 4

Have some of you people not watched the ny jets over the last 15 years?

We can;t tank, we fail to tank we always win a few meaningless games to screw us out of the lovely draft spot or the gm makes a bone head pick.

Are you seriously  telling me that I should only expect our team to look at all in the least competent if Darnold is at Qb and that if anyone else is I should be happy to watch the offense morph into the worst in the league and smile and nod at getting the 6th pick in the draft?

We hired an OFFENSIVE coach.  I expect the coach and or Gm to scour the planet for a back up that can do something.

Do I expect us to win?  Nope.  Win or look good losing. 

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Pittsburgh just won a game with a guy named Duck at QB.

The legend known as UDFA kyle allen has won 4 in a row.

The same people crying that Gase can't be expected to win with falk at QB also do not want to get a back up with a pulse.

Holy absolute free pass batman.

(Pittsburgh and Carolina are both significantly better teams than the Jets with coaches that have heretofore sucked when forced to play their backup quarterbacks) 

27 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Why?

If Sam somehow gets hurt, then I’d rather trot out Fales or White and secure Jerry Jeudy/Andrew Thomas in April.

We’re 1-4. The only way we’re making a playoff run is if #14 is behind center. Otherwise, who gives a flying rats a$$hole?

Brock Osweiler isn’t making us competitive.

#BeBooty4Jeudy

of course only if Sam isnt playing

Seimian should certainly have been considered serviceable.  The thing I don't understand is why, after he got hurt with Falk floundering, they didn't look for a mobile guy that you could design a gimmick offense around.  I guess as the new coach you want to install your offense more than move the ball?  Fales and Smith seem like immobile dudes with similar resumes.

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Seimian should certainly have been considered serviceable.  The thing I don't understand is why, after he got hurt with Falk floundering, they didn't look for a mobile guy that you could design a gimmick offense around.  I guess as the new coach you want to install your offense more than move the ball?  Fales and Smith seem like immobile dudes with similar resumes.

It appears as though they were overly optimistic about when Sam got mono and how soon he could return, and they had the Bye. It’d seem overly ambitious to drag in a guy off the street to run an entirely different offense within that time frame. 

• Upvote 2

In my opinion we need a back-up QB that can run and scramble and make plays on his own like an RG3 type of player. No back-up QB is going to be able to run this offense anywhere close to what Darnold can. Its tailored to Darnold. It would be easy pickings for another teams D to handle our offense without Darnold but if we have a running scrambling type the opposition would not be prepared for that type of player to come in and we could probably get away with it for a game or 2.  This back-up would have a whole bunch of plays tailored to his strengths not Darnolds. Makes sense to me because most teams won't be ready for a running QB with his own plays so when he does come in we have the advantage and can win that game and maybe the next.

The time to sign Brock was when Simeians foot fell off..  at this point you roll with Sam.

only exception is if they are .500 by mid November in which case you should bring in the Brock to win a game or two if Sam goes down with a short term injury.