Orlovsky Breaks Down Darnold Sequence Just Before Halftime

Lith

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was going to post this in the Sam Darnold is God thread, but that seem to have taken an unusual turn, and this just does not seem to belong in the middle of a discussion of Chick Corea, Jerry Garcia and other guitar Gods.  

So glad to have Darnold on this team.  And healthy.

Wish there was an All Along The Watchtower or Machine Gun audio overdub. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Lith said:

I was going to post this in the Sam Darnold is God thread, but that seem to have taken an unusual turn, and this just does not seem to belong in the middle of a discussion of Chick Corea, Jerry Garcia and other guitar Gods.  

Chick Corea plays the piano 

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

It's really important to note, that Sammy exhibited everything you want to see in a franchise including elevating the rest of the team. The OL on average across the board looked about 5 years younger. This is a testament to Sammys leadership qualities. The rest of the team will run through walls for the young kid. I can't wait to see the finished product.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

As someone who grew up in CT and watched UCONN football for the better part of the past few decades, the fact that Dan Orlovsky is now a respected football analyst is bonkers to me. 

But that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve it. Danny O nails this breakdown. 

The fact that Darnold sees the game this clearly at 22 is a marvel. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

Oozes talent. We’ve never had a QB like this. 

Pennington and Sanchez had their moments.

But Chad could not physically do what Darnold does. Didn’t have the arm, overall strength and build that Darnold does.

Sanchez could not perform the pre-snap reads nor go through his progressions like Darnold can. 

Neither had the accuracy (no not even Chad) or ability to move in the pocket like Darnold does. 

Lol my man...forget Chad and Sanchez here. This guys talent is elite. This stuff isn’t normal and he’s only 22.

Build a strong foundation around him and he can be elite.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, House Jet said:

A few weeks ago someone was telling me how Jamal Adam's doesnt impact games. He plays a low impact position and we should trade him. Crazy.

Well to be fair, this is his first game changing play.... He makes a ton of solid impact plays throughout games... But this is his real first game changer

2 hours ago, Lith said:

excited andy samberg GIF

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Oozes talent. We’ve never had a QB like this. 

Pennington and Sanchez had their moments.

But Chad could not physically do what Darnold does. Didn’t have the arm, overall strength and build that Darnold does.

Sanchez could not perform the pre-snap reads nor go through his progressions like Darnold can. 

Neither had the accuracy (no not even Chad) or ability to move in the pocket like Darnold does. 

Darnold is the best QB we've had since Kenny O'Brien.   I love how people still whine - we passed on Marino for him - if we drafted Marino and surrounded him with the absolute lack of talent Kenny O had most of his Jet career - he would have sucked too.  Watch game film of Kenny's 2nd and first half of his 3rd season - he was special and this crap organization ruined him.  He was sacked 40 times and hit hard prolly another 30 times during his 3rd season, kinda ruined him.  I cant count how many great throws he made in his career that were called back due to holding penalties.  Walton was a brilliant offensive mind, but he never tailored the offense to fit his personnel.

Just now, deucebag said:

Darnold is the best QB we've had since Kenny O'Brien.   I love how people still whine - we passed on Marino for him - if we drafted Marino and surrounded him with the absolute lack of talent Kenny O had most of his Jet career - he would have sucked too.  Watch game film of Kenny's 2nd and first half of his 3rd season - he was special and this crap organization ruined him.  He was sacked 40 times and hit hard prolly another 30 times during his 3rd season, kinda ruined him.  I cant count how many great throws he made in his career that were called back due to holding penalties.  Walton was a brilliant offensive mind, but he never tailored the offense to fit his personnel.

I know you say that but Marinos never had a running game, and his Oline was mediocre at best... and Kenny O still had Walker and mcneil and eventually toon and shuler. Jojo... Dan Marino would have been a star on the Jets, period.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

What?  He ended a drive in the 2nd quarter by ripping out a complete pass on 3rd down and ended a drive. 
he lead the NFL safeties in that regard last year 

he ends drives. That’s game changing impact plays all damn year long 

and whiffed on 71 yard run by Alex smith where he was out of position and got shaken off by alex smith... 

I love me some Jamal Adams I think he is fundamentally sound most of the time... 

Look I don't want to make this thread about Jamal Adams and his value... I just thought it was a great breakdown of the little things he does and ended the drive to win the game. 

Lets just agree to disagree on this

12 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Well to be fair, this is his first game changing play.... He makes a ton of solid impact plays throughout games... But this is his real first game changer

gregg williams coached the late sean taylor.. he wasn't BSing when he immediately let adams know he's coached better.. from a talent level standpoint, if he left it right there he would have been being kind to the kid..

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

It's really important to note, that Sammy exhibited everything you want to see in a franchise including elevating the rest of the team. The OL on average across the board looked about 5 years younger. This is a testament to Sammys leadership qualities. The rest of the team will run through walls for the young kid. I can't wait to see the finished product.

The rest of the NFL is going to HATE the Finished Product....trust me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Sam Darnold = Ginger Jesus. 

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I know you say that but Marinos never had a running game, and his Oline was mediocre at best... and Kenny O still had Walker and mcneil and eventually toon and shuler. Jojo... Dan Marino would have been a star on the Jets, period.

I think Walker and Toon played about 20 games together, JoJo Townsell - you must be joking, McNeil had just one 1,000 yd season once O'Brien took over, Shuler hit 30 in O'Brien's 2nd year and was not nearly as good anymore.  Marino always had 3 starting caliber WRs and at least 1 solid pass receiving RB every year of his career.

44 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

and whiffed on 71 yard run by Alex smith where he was out of position and got shaken off by alex smith... 

I love me some Jamal Adams I think he is fundamentally sound most of the time... 

Look I don't want to make this thread about Jamal Adams and his value... I just thought it was a great breakdown of the little things he does and ended the drive to win the game. 

Lets just agree to disagree on this

Alex Smith ? Lol

you Couldn’t find anything from LSU?

you have a right to an opinion but the facts are that he ends more drives than any other safety ( or close to it) and by definition those are impact plays 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, deucebag said:

I think Walker and Toon played about 20 games together, JoJo Townsell - you must be joking, McNeil had just one 1,000 yd season once O'Brien took over, Shuler hit 30 in O'Brien's 2nd year and was not nearly as good anymore.  Marino always had 3 starting caliber WRs and at least 1 solid pass receiving RB every year of his career.

Marino made those WRs better IMO... Agree to disagree... I think Marino was a star no matter where he played... 

3 hours ago, CTM said:

I was just messing around talking about music since your original post said you made a new thread to avoid the music talk in the other thread 

Chick Corea did have three guitar players considered to be in the deity status: Scott Henderson, Mike Miller & Frank Gambale.  I would consider everyone of them better guitarists than Eric, Jimi even VH.  Here's Frank demoing his signature guitar for Carvin:

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Newjetsfan said:

Chick Corea did have three guitar players considered to be in the deity status: Scott Henderson, Mike Miller & Frank Gambale.  I would consider everyone of them better guitarists than Eric, Jimi even VH.  Here's Frank demoing his signature guitar for Carvin:

Eddie Van Halen from 78’ to 84’ absolutely destroys Frank Gamble, especially 78’ to 81’ Eddie Van Halen. 

4 hours ago, deucebag said:

Kenny O lack of talent..

Al Toon.

Mickey Shuler.

Freeman McNeil.

Wes Walker.

Your right nothing to see here..

Not that Kenny was an immobile lump, and Marino had the fastest release in all of football, had anything to do with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1