Jalen Ramsey to the Rams

Jetsfan80

1 hour ago, Skeptable said:

Imagine if Ramsey stiffs the Rams after next year to hit FA. 1 1/2 years of Ramsey worth 2 firsts and a 4th?  I know I know they probably are going to work out a deal... but damn.... He could screw them

Ramsey wanted to go to a team with no state income tax.   The Rams play for a state that  has  one of the highest state income tax.    Do you see him being a happy camper. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

WOW!  Two firsts and a 4th. I'm really happy JD didn't get sucked into a move like that no matter how good Ramsey is.  I also hope they worked out an extension already.  That would be ugly as hell when he wants to hit FA next year. 

I think that in this era the only time you give up that much for a D player it would have to be a Khalil Mack type D player.  And there are only a handful in the entire league.

Look what teams did against Revis in his prime, they schemed away from him.

Stupid, panic move.  Besides Goff showed you he won’t win a SB.  That game last year was a disgrace with the lights being way too bright for him.  Objectively speaking I’d take Darnold over Goff every day of the week.

The Rams put a stacked team around Goff.  A shutdown Corner isn’t going to put them over the top.  The guy is an a**hole besides.

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Hey Jif told you so- Jalen Ramsey was going to be traded.     Don’t ever doubt me.    Now I will let you try redeem yourself.   Does Trent Williams get traded ?

Has anything you have said here ever come true?

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

You dumb ****.  You said before the start of the season.  Go away 

No go look it up I said he was going to be traded this year. (Said was possibility that it would be before the season , but would happen by trade deadline.       Now how did your Trent Williams was going to be traded. ( since he never was going to play for the Redskins ever again.     Comeon Jif be gracious loser- you were wrong.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

No go look it up I said he was going to be traded this year. (Said was possibility that it would be before the season , but would happen by trade deadline.       Now how did your Trent Williams was going to be traded. ( since he never was going to play for the Redskins ever again.     Comeon Jif be gracious loser- you were wrong.

So your batting average is now somewhere around .050. Great job. Now go away.
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Has anything you have said here ever come true?

It was dumb trading   for K Osemele whose a bad fit in the zone blocking scheme - why the Raiders traded him because he didn’t fit that blocking scheme.( Incognito been big time upgrade) .

Jalen Ramsey would be traded by the Jaguars sometime this year. 

The other ones you have to wait for November 24,2019 to see I was correct.   Mrs Cleo would be proud of me.

There was a flurry of trades in the last few hours:
Jags get 2020 1st and 2021 1st and 4th
Rams get Ramsey

Rams get C Austin Corbett
Browns get  5th round 2021 pick

Ravens get Marcus Peters
Rams get LB Kenny Young

Rumor is:
Browns get Trent WIlliams
Unknown return and how accurate
Rams also got a 2020 fifth round pick from the Ravens.
  • Upvote 1

At 3-3 and with the undefeated 49ers in the same division the Rams are heading towards a Wild Card at best right now. Goff is playing poorly, Gurley seems to be decomposing before our eyes, McVay may have been figured out. This doesn’t seem like the Rams year...and I’m not sure next year does either.

This looks like a desperation move to me. 

At 3-3 and with the undefeated 49ers in the same division the Rams are heading towards a Wild Card at best right now. Goff is playing poorly, Gurley seems to be decomposing before our eyes, McVay may have been figured out. This doesn’t seem like the Rams year...and I’m not sure next year does either.

Yeah but if you went to the SB the year prior, I can see thinking "just get me into the playoffs". There's a common arc, especially with young teams, about getting there, getting some experience, going deep, winning it all.

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

It was dumb trading   for K Osemele whose a bad fit in the zone blocking scheme - why the Raiders traded him because he didn’t fit that blocking scheme.( Incognito been big time upgrade) .

The other ones you have to wait for November 24,2019 to see I was correct.   Mrs Cleo would be proud of me.

Gotta give props to you regarding KO & scheme. He was a waste of time & money & a draft pick. Macc...Maccing again. 

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Plus they have older vets on their Oline, will they all make it to the finish line? Guy like Whitworth goes down...game over.

10 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

I removed my neg rep and I'll give you partial credit.  Our debate started with; the Jags are going to trade Jalen and I said the team doesnt want to trade him.  You then said, that with 100% certainty he would be traded before the start of the season and that's why I kept tagging you in conversations when he wasnt (you never showed up till now).  So, you get partial credit for calling out the trade even though it transpired totally differently than you suggested, Jags didnt want to trade him, HE forced their hand by sitting out.  So still wrong but I'm nice and I'll give you partial credit.

The Trent Williams situation you are just lying about and received neg rep for it.  I never said Trent would get traded, I said he was not going to play for the Redskins and you said he would be the week 1 starter.  Guess what?  He's not playing.

JiF - 1.5

Raiderholic - .5

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I removed my neg rep and I'll give you partial credit.  Our debate started with; the Jags are going to trade Jalen and I said the team doesnt want to trade him.  You then said, that with 100% certainty he would be traded before the start of the season and that's why I kept tagging you in conversations when he wasnt (you never showed up till now).  So, you get partial credit for calling out the trade even though it transpired totally differently than you suggested, Jags didnt want to trade him, HE forced their hand by sitting out.  So still wrong but I'm nice and I'll give you partial credit.

The Trent Williams situation you are just lying about and received neg rep for it.  I never said Trent would get traded, I said he was not going to play for the Redskins and you said he would be the week 1 starter.  Guess what?  He's not playing.

JiF - 1.5

Raiderholic - .5

JiF after last post...

sterling archer GIF

This is a good deal for both teams IMO.

Rams are going ALL IN while they have a contender, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. They are giving up two LATE first round picks, who, depending on who is drafting may never come close to the talent of a player like Ramsey. However, if Ramsey gets hurt or the Rams don't get to the SB or get knocked out early in the playoffs they pretty much blew their wad and will wish they had those first rounders once they have to start letting go their high priced players in the next 2-3 years. 

Jax however knows that Ramsey is not in their future b/c they can't afford him. They need to invest more on offense and at this point they need to move him to the highest bidder. Two first rounds picks and a 4th is easily the most I could imagine getting for him. Albeit, again, these will be late first round picks. 

Everyone who is saying they are glad JD did not do something so 'crazy' needs to understand that he would have probably had to give up a lot less b/c of the value of the Jets draft picks. He could have probably gotten Ramsey for next years first rounder, period end of sentence. And if the Jets went o a run that would have been a pick somewhere in the teens. That would probably not have been something I would have done b/c we so desperately need a young blue chip LT prospect. But by no means would it be crazy for a player like Ramsey. He would immediately plug one of our biggest holes.    

11 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I think that in this era the only time you give up that much for a D player it would have to be a Khalil Mack type D player.  And there are only a handful in the entire league.

Look what teams did against Revis in his prime, they schemed away from him.

I get that this is way more than you should give up for a contract year corner.  I couldn't agree more.  OTOH, it is the DC's job to scheme to force teams to throw towards his best corners.  That is what Rex did in 2009.  Revis wasn't Nnamdi, sitting on one side while teams threw the other way.

The Rams have given up a 2018 4th, 2019 2nd, 2020 1st, 2021 1st and 2021 4th for Ramsey, Kenny Young and a 2020 5th. They used the 6th they got back for Peters as a throw in with the Robert Quinn deal   

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, isired said:
10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah but if you went to the SB the year prior, I can see thinking "just get me into the playoffs". There's a common arc, especially with young teams, about getting there, getting some experience, going deep, winning it all.

True, but there's an interesting pattern of teams taking a rapid fall following a heartbreaking loss in the SB to the Patriots.  Atlanta is a dumpster fire just a couple years after leading the Super Bowl by like 3 touchdowns in the 2nd half only to lose.  The Rams are now .500 when everyone was talking "dynasty" just last December with their young coach, young QB, Gurley, etc.

Even going back to Seattle's devastating loss on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl, they're still a very good team but that thing fell apart with the Legion of Boom and a fractured locker room in the year following.  People were talking Seattle dynasty there as well after back-to-back Super Bowl appearances.

You're exactly right about the mindset.  "Just get me into the playoffs" and we'll make the magic happen like last year.  This was the Jets mentality in those 2009-2011 years.  You quickly realize how fast the window can close though, and the Jets never sniffed the playoffs again under Rex.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I removed my neg rep and I'll give you partial credit...

lol

Canadian Comedy GIF by CBC

True, but there's an interesting pattern of teams taking a rapid fall following a heartbreaking loss in the SB to the Patriots.  Atlanta is a dumpster fire just a couple years after leading the Super Bowl by like 3 touchdowns in the 2nd half only to lose.  The Rams are now .500 when everyone was talking "dynasty" just last December with their young coach, young QB, Gurley, etc.
Even going back to Seattle's devastating loss on the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl, they're still a very good team but that thing fell apart with the Legion of Boom and a fractured locker room in the year following.  People were talking Seattle dynasty there as well after back-to-back Super Bowl appearances.
You're exactly right about the mindset.  "Just get me into the playoffs" and we'll make the magic happen like last year.  This was the Jets mentality in those 2009-2011 years.  You quickly realize how fast the window can close though, and the Jets never sniffed the playoffs again under Rex.
Oh yeah, I'm not saying it's right, or it'll work, but what's the alternative? "My QB isn't that good, my RB is washed up, so we have to try to build an all-time D to win with this sh*tty O."
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You have been bragging about the Raiders and telling us how good they are. Mrs. Cleo has blocked your number.

Saying a move that Mike Macc made is bad isn't something to brag about. 98% of his moves were bad. This wasn't a secret.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, shawn306 said:

I think the Rams are on the verge of blowing up. Talib on IR, they trade their other CB to the Ravens and then give up a pair or first round picks the next two years for Ramsey ?

Doesn't make alot of sense to me

It is VERY strange indeed. The contracts they gave the QB and RB are going to leave a mark.