Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Embrace the Suck

Anyone think LW could play guard.

Recommended Posts

With his athleticism Leonard could probably be a good guard. A big strong guy with good athleticism for the o-line. If they can't get fair market value for him they should give it a shot with little to lose otherwise. Maybe his career is reborn as an all pro guard. Of course I don't see this happening, but hypothetically it seems plausible, and makes him useful for the jets after spending a 6th overall to occupy blocks.

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5
  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

With his athleticism Leonard could probably be a good guard. A big strong guy with good athleticism for the o-line. If they can't get fair market value for him they should give it a shot with little to lose otherwise. Maybe his career is reborn as an all pro guard. Of course I don't see this happening, but hypothetically it seems plausible, and makes him useful for the jets after spending a 6th overall to occupy blocks.

I like the creativity but I’d be too worried to risk Sam’s health while LW learned a new position. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, let's pay him well over 10 million dollars to be the most overpaid and mediocre G in the league and destroy whatever trade value he has ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Lock Dump Ban Euthanize 

Mouthwash or altoids?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Seriously?

😂😂😂😂 I lol’d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a better chance of my parents getting back together

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

With his athleticism Leonard could probably be a good guard. A big strong guy with good athleticism for the o-line. If they can't get fair market value for him they should give it a shot with little to lose otherwise. Maybe his career is reborn as an all pro guard. Of course I don't see this happening, but hypothetically it seems plausible, and makes him useful for the jets after spending a 6th overall to occupy blocks.

EGumkqqWsAAbP-7resize.jpg.4db0f0faf0134324aba7ec05de13dd97.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wud get crushed, he's big yes. but strong - ehh, he looks like he hasn't spent a day in the weight room since USC.  His upside wud be realized if he lost 20lbs and became a 4-3 pass rushing DE - he cud become another Cameron Jordan.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SR24 said:

There’s a better chance of my parents getting back together

sad michael scott GIF

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

yeah, let's pay him well over 10 million dollars to be the most overpaid and mediocre G in the league and destroy whatever trade value he has ...

The premise, as was stated, was assuming that no one would trade for him or give any real value for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I like the creativity but I’d be too worried to risk Sam’s health while LW learned a new position. 

Good point. It's almost as if you read the whole post and responded to a hypothetical on a football board which is apparently hard for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please someone hack the site again. I just can't with this right now lol.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deucebag said:

He wud get crushed, he's big yes. but strong - ehh, he looks like he hasn't spent a day in the weight room since USC.  His upside wud be realized if he lost 20lbs and became a 4-3 pass rushing DE - he cud become another Cameron Jordan.

Agree. Leo's arms look like toothpicks! No wonder he skipped the bench at the combine.  We know it's not all about upper body strength but Leo's dedication to the weight room is appalling. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s a little too tall.  Guards need a lower center of gravity.  His body type would fit an OT more but we know he doesn’t have the skill set for that

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I saw the title I thought this was a joke.

Why would he ever switch to guard? He's a more than capable defensive end. The problem with him is that he was the 6th overall pick and was clearly not worthy of being picked there based off of his production since being drafted.

But he's not a terrible player who needs to switch positions. He's just overpaid and was not the player we were told he would be. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Good point. It's almost as if you read the whole post and responded to a hypothetical on a football board which is apparently hard for others. 

In the defense of "others", it's a really stupid hypothetical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

When I saw the title I thought this was a joke.

Why would he ever switch to guard? He's a more than capable defensive end. The problem with him is that he was the 6th overall pick and was clearly not worthy of being picked there based off of his production since being drafted.

But he's not a terrible player who needs to switch positions. He's just overpaid and was not the player we were told he would be. 

If you play Madden, Brandon Gaudin, says “Leonard Williams could be compared to Merlin Olson” I think he meant to say the Olson twins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t trust him to guard a donut shop

the simpsons donuts GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

My bad, I'll start an anti Gase thread or something redundant as is often done.

Surely theres a middle ground between a Fire Gase thread and a turn LW into a guard! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to own a ‘64 Grand Prix and one side of the car had reverse thread lug nuts. Never could remember  every time I rotated the tires. 
 

How smart is Leo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

In the defense of "others", it's a really stupid hypothetical.

Would you prefer a hypothetical based on concrete reality with a simple obvious outcome? I think for fun, I don't watch much TV, I posted a random thought on a message board, seems like the right place. Using resources in a different non obvious way is often the difference between (extrapolate and fill in the blank).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...