Anyone think LW could play guard.

With his athleticism Leonard could probably be a good guard. A big strong guy with good athleticism for the o-line. If they can't get fair market value for him they should give it a shot with little to lose otherwise. Maybe his career is reborn as an all pro guard. Of course I don't see this happening, but hypothetically it seems plausible, and makes him useful for the jets after spending a 6th overall to occupy blocks.

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 5
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

With his athleticism Leonard could probably be a good guard. A big strong guy with good athleticism for the o-line. If they can't get fair market value for him they should give it a shot with little to lose otherwise. Maybe his career is reborn as an all pro guard. Of course I don't see this happening, but hypothetically it seems plausible, and makes him useful for the jets after spending a 6th overall to occupy blocks.

I like the creativity but I’d be too worried to risk Sam’s health while LW learned a new position. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

EGumkqqWsAAbP-7resize.jpg.4db0f0faf0134324aba7ec05de13dd97.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deucebag said:

He wud get crushed, he's big yes. but strong - ehh, he looks like he hasn't spent a day in the weight room since USC.  His upside wud be realized if he lost 20lbs and became a 4-3 pass rushing DE - he cud become another Cameron Jordan.

Agree. Leo's arms look like toothpicks! No wonder he skipped the bench at the combine.  We know it's not all about upper body strength but Leo's dedication to the weight room is appalling. 

• Upvote 1

When I saw the title I thought this was a joke.

Why would he ever switch to guard? He's a more than capable defensive end. The problem with him is that he was the 6th overall pick and was clearly not worthy of being picked there based off of his production since being drafted.

But he's not a terrible player who needs to switch positions. He's just overpaid and was not the player we were told he would be. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

When I saw the title I thought this was a joke.

Why would he ever switch to guard? He's a more than capable defensive end. The problem with him is that he was the 6th overall pick and was clearly not worthy of being picked there based off of his production since being drafted.

But he's not a terrible player who needs to switch positions. He's just overpaid and was not the player we were told he would be. 

If you play Madden, Brandon Gaudin, says “Leonard Williams could be compared to Merlin Olson” I think he meant to say the Olson twins.

17 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

In the defense of "others", it's a really stupid hypothetical.

Would you prefer a hypothetical based on concrete reality with a simple obvious outcome? I think for fun, I don't watch much TV, I posted a random thought on a message board, seems like the right place. Using resources in a different non obvious way is often the difference between (extrapolate and fill in the blank).