Grading Jets’ rookies through 5 games

LIJetsFan

Edoga should really have got a year to sit out and enter a more stable line in time. I liked him a lot as a prospect but he’s getting a rough deal being thrown into fix that mess.

Rating is also pretty kind on Q. Certainly wouldn’t give him higher than a C. He was hyped as a dominant force and we’ve seen only occasional glimpses in a position where rookies can generally contribute immediately. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Edoga should really have got a year to sit out and enter a more stable line in time. I liked him a lot as a prospect but he’s getting a rough deal being thrown into fix that mess.

I am far from an expert on OL play, but I don't recall seeing or hearing much from Demarcus Lawrence.  Pretty sure he lined up on Edoga's side most of the game.  I think Edoga had some help from the TE at times, but also seemed to handle him pretty well in some one-on-one situtuations.  I thought he was pretty solid after a rough first outing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Cashman deserves an A- for a fifth round pick.  

Otherwise good article.  

Agreed.  I don't know how you could expect much more than what we have gotten from Cashman through these first 5 games.  Forced to start due to injury and playing well.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am far from an expert on OL play, but I don't recall seeing or hearing much from Demarcus Lawrence.  Pretty sure he lined up on Edoga's side most of the game.  I think Edoga had some help from the TE at times, but also seemed to handle him pretty well in some one-on-one situtuations.  I thought he was pretty solid after a rough first outing.

Agreed.  I thought Edoga looked a lot better, his head was probably spinning pretty fast the prior week in his first start.  He seemed to settle down and played pretty well.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  I don't know how you could expect much more than what we have gotten from Cashman through these first 5 games.  Forced to start due to injury and playing well.

No way he gets that PI vs Zeke if he was wearing a Pats uniform. Incidental contact, fighting for the ball & had his body turned & could see the ball. Now if they start calling that sh*t all the time the NFL will be unwatchable. Every Patriots pass break up looks just like that & they are never flagged. 

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, FlightBoyz said:

Dude Chase Winovich is gonna be a thorn in the Jets side for years. Cant believe Mac drafted that scrub Polite over him. Other than that Cashman has been great. Looks like a solid pick?

Cashman is very similar to Sean Lee, let's just hope he can stay healthy unlike Sean Lee.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

Rating is also pretty kind on Q. Certainly wouldn’t give him higher than a C. He was hyped as a dominant force and we’ve seen only occasional glimpses in a position where rookies can generally contribute immediately. 

qwilliams has been injured.  the times he has been in he's made some good plays.  give him time.  he's going to replace leo.

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I agree. Grade on Quinnen is a little generous, grade on Cashman a little low.

Agree that Wesco has been the biggest disappointment. Given the circumstances he should have had the easiest time getting playing time of everyone outside Williams.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He has to e a lot better than leo otherwise it was another terrible pick.

i'll go along with that.  leo had the advantage when he was young of playing next to shelly and wilky.  those guys were pretty good when leo was drafted.  who is qwilliams playing next to?

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Q has played 2 games and has flashed.  Can we take a deep breath?