Jets need all hands on deck Monday Night

Jetster

This game is where all of those LBs & Safeties need to come up big. If Gordon isn't 100% this game will be all about playing in that 10 yard rectangle that Brady operates in with Edelman & White. We need CJ back badly for a game like this. Cashman could be a key player to running sideline to sideline. The interior of this Pats line isn't close to as good as the Cowboys. I think GW will try to get away with Nickel & Dime type defense with an extra safety. Now normally Brady just audibles to the run game if you do this but they're having issues on their Oline, they do not have the power blocking TEs to negate that strategy like they did with Gronk & Devlin, both are gone. 

I think we'll shoot the gaps & try to disrupt with run blitzes. It's dangerous if you guess wrong but if you guess right you make Brady play behind the sticks. Brady in 3rd & short is like a surgeon. We know Brady isn't getting away from any free rushers either. Adams, Maye, Poole, are huge in this game. If Gordon is slowed Trumaine has the size to run with him or any of their backups. You know for a fact that McDaniel will be looking to get his RBs one on one with our LBs. They are good for at least 3 wheel routes, the secondary has to be ready for them. Jets defense needs to be physical like they were vs Dallas, they need to hit hard, wrap up & make every tackle a violent tackle keeping everything in front of them like Hewitt was doing Sunday. Make them work for everything & hold them to FGs, you know they'll move the ball, you just can't give them any chunk plays on offense or turn the ball over & give them cheap D or special team points.

If we can turn this into a street fight around the LOS & disrupt all that pick play sh*t they run we can slow them down. Bowles/Rogers use to allow them free releases off the LOS, I think that's a mistake & you have to knock them off their routes & f*ck up Bradys timing & make him double clutch. Mix that with some delayed blitzes & you might get there now when he brings the ball back down. Should be fun, and let's pray we get everyone back for this one, we'll need a huge effort for 60 minutes. 

• Upvote 3

Oh, and another thing. 100% of NFL fans that watch MNF that are not Patriot fans will be hoping the Jets beat the Pats. This team is despised outside of New England. That's how I watch games not involving the Jets. I've always been an underdog fan. The big bad Patriots vs the hapless Jets. Hoping for another Sam Darnold coming out party that signals a changing of the guard is coming sooner than most thought. 

Brady is the best QB in the world against the blitz. This is the type of game that we need to apply pressure with our front 4. If we can bring it like we did against Dallas, Brady will crumble. We didn't sack Dak enough but we beat the hell out of him and he is not a sitting duck like Brady. We don't need Td's every drive but we must move the chains and make the Pats go the length of the field.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Also, we need to find a way to get Bell into the passing game. 1 catch for 3 years is absurd. He's a WR when used correctly. He needs 5-7 catches a game.

They actually NEED to be able to run the ball.  BB loves to make a team one dimensional, if the Jets can’t run the ball it will be a long night for the Jets.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, sec101row23 said:

They actually NEED to be able to run the ball.  BB loves to make a team one dimensional, if the Jets can’t run the ball it will be a long night for the Jets.  

Goes without saying. Always need a well balanced offense against the Pats. But having said that, we still need to get Bell more involved in the passing game.

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm more worried about the Pats defense and special teams than I am their offense. 

I'm still worried about their offense, mainly because everyone is saying exactly this. 

Everyone is (rightfully) noting that their offense has struggled (by their standards) and looked very pedestrian. But, the Pats have a habit of flipping the script on teams. 

Also, despite their "struggles," Brady still managed to throw for 348 yards (with a 66.7 completion %) and 334 yards (with a 75.6 completion %) against the Redskins and Giants, respectively. It's not like they can't move the ball. 

14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Cute thread and I consider everyone of you a friend, but the reality is.... The Patriots aren’t the only ones we are playing against Monday night

A53613B4-A896-4E69-82E6-527E016A0C92.jpeg

It's actually sad but true. It honestly is a concern & what does that say about the NFL? I'm already calling at least 2 PIs involving Edelman (On incompletions & on 3rd & 7 and over). We will see at least 5 plays where the Pats Olineman has clearly held a Jet pass rusher with no call. Plus at least 2 illegal pick plays that lead to a wide open Edelman. 

Plus we'll see that little azzhole put his arms in the air on every incomplete he's involved with, stand over a Jet CB after he makes a play & talk sh*t, and see at least 1 Brady throw away that is CLEARLY grounding but the ref will announce that he was informed by Brady that he had a player in the area.

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Who covers Edelman and who covers White?
If you stop those two guys you stop the patriots. They have 40 FDs between the 2 of them. Michel also has 20 rushing FDs and 4 receiving but they should be able to control the run. 

That's been there bread and butter, passes between the Lb's and secondary then a mid range toss to the big guy. He isn't here anymore but they still move those chains with the lil guys.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

He releases the ball so quickly, EVERY team knows this but can't do a thing about it. He has always found Edelman, and every other undersized WR over the last 15 years. 

Yet in this "copy cat league" they seem to be the only ones living this way on O. Plus they have the Zebras on their side.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Cute thread and I consider everyone of you a friend, but the reality is.... The Patriots aren’t the only ones we are playing against Monday night

They usually do start penalizing the pats only after the game is out of doubt and they are up by 14 or more, then at the end of the game the stats don't look so bad.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

This is the QB Quinnen Williams was drafted to harass. He’s a rookie, he doesn’t have to get 4 sacks, but make Brady move and screw up the timing with Edeljuicer. 

100pct. Q has already made some nice plays (the tackle on Dak being the biggest play) but this week he needs to help contain the run and most importantly make Brady nervous by pressuring him up the middle. If you do that a few times early in the game, Brady has a tendency to play nervous the rest of the game. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

If Gordon is slowed Trumaine has the size to run with him or any of their backups.

I agree with everything you said except for this. Tru cannot keep up with anyone. The only thing he can still do, and do well, is play zone, tackle and play with a 10yrd cushion- which should only happen on 3rd and forever. I'm hoping Hairston is healthy b/c the Pats will attack Tru with quick slants, pick plays, seam routes, and really any deep routes. And any of their WRs can beat Tru doing that. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I'm still worried about their offense, mainly because everyone is saying exactly this. 

Everyone is (rightfully) noting that their offense has struggled (by their standards) and looked very pedestrian. But, the Pats have a habit of flipping the script on teams. 

Also, despite their "struggles," Brady still managed to throw for 348 yards (with a 66.7 completion %) and 334 yards (with a 75.6 completion %) against the Redskins and Giants, respectively. It's not like they can't move the ball. 

I get it, but key words:  "Redskins" and "Giants".

Listen, Brady is still Brady, but man - that defense!!!  This will be a huge test for Sam!

9 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I agree with everything you said except for this. Tru cannot keep up with anyone. The only thing he can still do, and do well, is play zone, tackle and play with a 10yrd cushion- which should only happen on 3rd and forever. I'm hoping Hairston is healthy b/c the Pats will attack Tru with quick slants, pick plays, seam routes, and really any deep routes. And any of their WRs can beat Tru doing that. 

I agree.  Is it me, or does Tru look like he just doesn't care?  He seems to be loafing around, not hustling.  what a disappointment.

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

This game is where all of those LBs & Safeties need to come up big. If Gordon isn't 100% this game will be all about playing in that 10 yard rectangle that Brady operates in with Edelman & White. We need CJ back badly for a game like this. Cashman could be a key player to running sideline to sideline. The interior of this Pats line isn't close to as good as the Cowboys. I think GW will try to get away with Nickel & Dime type defense with an extra safety. Now normally Brady just audibles to the run game if you do this but they're having issues on their Oline, they do not have the power blocking TEs to negate that strategy like they did with Gronk & Devlin, both are gone. 

I think we'll shoot the gaps & try to disrupt with run blitzes. It's dangerous if you guess wrong but if you guess right you make Brady play behind the sticks. Brady in 3rd & short is like a surgeon. We know Brady isn't getting away from any free rushers either. Adams, Maye, Poole, are huge in this game. If Gordon is slowed Trumaine has the size to run with him or any of their backups. You know for a fact that McDaniel will be looking to get his RBs one on one with our LBs. They are good for at least 3 wheel routes, the secondary has to be ready for them. Jets defense needs to be physical like they were vs Dallas, they need to hit hard, wrap up & make every tackle a violent tackle keeping everything in front of them like Hewitt was doing Sunday. Make them work for everything & hold them to FGs, you know they'll move the ball, you just can't give them any chunk plays on offense or turn the ball over & give them cheap D or special team points.

If we can turn this into a street fight around the LOS & disrupt all that pick play sh*t they run we can slow them down. Bowles/Rogers use to allow them free releases off the LOS, I think that's a mistake & you have to knock them off their routes & f*ck up Bradys timing & make him double clutch. Mix that with some delayed blitzes & you might get there now when he brings the ball back down. Should be fun, and let's pray we get everyone back for this one, we'll need a huge effort for 60 minutes. 

Great summary.

Rex was money in these types of situations. Let's see what Greg Williams can do. Also, Q's chance to show his stuff. Hope his ankle is ok.

Don't sleep on Sony Michel. He's money.

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If Brady gets hit like Dak did last week there will be flags all over the field

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

It must be nice knowing you can focus more resources on stopping the run because your DBs will never get flagged for PI.

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

i think most have been penciling this in as a loss since day 1.  i am hoping Sam shows improvement and the defense steps up.  

it's always been in my mind about the last 10 games.  i want to win 7 of those games.  

2 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree.  Is it me, or does Tru look like he just doesn't care?  He seems to be loafing around, not hustling.  what a disappointment.

I mean, who knows, right? But I don't think he doesn't care. He still tackles like he cares so he's putting in the effort. I just think he doesn't have the speed and quickness anymore to keep up with most NFL receivers.