Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jetster

Jets need all hands on deck Monday Night

Recommended Posts

This game is where all of those LBs & Safeties need to come up big. If Gordon isn't 100% this game will be all about playing in that 10 yard rectangle that Brady operates in with Edelman & White. We need CJ back badly for a game like this. Cashman could be a key player to running sideline to sideline. The interior of this Pats line isn't close to as good as the Cowboys. I think GW will try to get away with Nickel & Dime type defense with an extra safety. Now normally Brady just audibles to the run game if you do this but they're having issues on their Oline, they do not have the power blocking TEs to negate that strategy like they did with Gronk & Devlin, both are gone. 

I think we'll shoot the gaps & try to disrupt with run blitzes. It's dangerous if you guess wrong but if you guess right you make Brady play behind the sticks. Brady in 3rd & short is like a surgeon. We know Brady isn't getting away from any free rushers either. Adams, Maye, Poole, are huge in this game. If Gordon is slowed Trumaine has the size to run with him or any of their backups. You know for a fact that McDaniel will be looking to get his RBs one on one with our LBs. They are good for at least 3 wheel routes, the secondary has to be ready for them. Jets defense needs to be physical like they were vs Dallas, they need to hit hard, wrap up & make every tackle a violent tackle keeping everything in front of them like Hewitt was doing Sunday. Make them work for everything & hold them to FGs, you know they'll move the ball, you just can't give them any chunk plays on offense or turn the ball over & give them cheap D or special team points.

If we can turn this into a street fight around the LOS & disrupt all that pick play sh*t they run we can slow them down. Bowles/Rogers use to allow them free releases off the LOS, I think that's a mistake & you have to knock them off their routes & f*ck up Bradys timing & make him double clutch. Mix that with some delayed blitzes & you might get there now when he brings the ball back down. Should be fun, and let's pray we get everyone back for this one, we'll need a huge effort for 60 minutes. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and another thing. 100% of NFL fans that watch MNF that are not Patriot fans will be hoping the Jets beat the Pats. This team is despised outside of New England. That's how I watch games not involving the Jets. I've always been an underdog fan. The big bad Patriots vs the hapless Jets. Hoping for another Sam Darnold coming out party that signals a changing of the guard is coming sooner than most thought. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who covers Edelman and who covers White?
If you stop those two guys you stop the patriots. They have 40 FDs between the 2 of them. Michel also has 20 rushing FDs and 4 receiving but they should be able to control the run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is the best QB in the world against the blitz. This is the type of game that we need to apply pressure with our front 4. If we can bring it like we did against Dallas, Brady will crumble. We didn't sack Dak enough but we beat the hell out of him and he is not a sitting duck like Brady. We don't need Td's every drive but we must move the chains and make the Pats go the length of the field.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, we need to find a way to get Bell into the passing game. 1 catch for 3 years is absurd. He's a WR when used correctly. He needs 5-7 catches a game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Also, we need to find a way to get Bell into the passing game. 1 catch for 3 years is absurd. He's a WR when used correctly. He needs 5-7 catches a game.

They actually NEED to be able to run the ball.  BB loves to make a team one dimensional, if the Jets can’t run the ball it will be a long night for the Jets.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sec101row23 said:

They actually NEED to be able to run the ball.  BB loves to make a team one dimensional, if the Jets can’t run the ball it will be a long night for the Jets.  

Goes without saying. Always need a well balanced offense against the Pats. But having said that, we still need to get Bell more involved in the passing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm more worried about the Pats defense and special teams than I am their offense. 

I'm still worried about their offense, mainly because everyone is saying exactly this. 

Everyone is (rightfully) noting that their offense has struggled (by their standards) and looked very pedestrian. But, the Pats have a habit of flipping the script on teams. 

Also, despite their "struggles," Brady still managed to throw for 348 yards (with a 66.7 completion %) and 334 yards (with a 75.6 completion %) against the Redskins and Giants, respectively. It's not like they can't move the ball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Cute thread and I consider everyone of you a friend, but the reality is.... The Patriots aren’t the only ones we are playing against Monday night

 

 

 

 

A53613B4-A896-4E69-82E6-527E016A0C92.jpeg

It's actually sad but true. It honestly is a concern & what does that say about the NFL? I'm already calling at least 2 PIs involving Edelman (On incompletions & on 3rd & 7 and over). We will see at least 5 plays where the Pats Olineman has clearly held a Jet pass rusher with no call. Plus at least 2 illegal pick plays that lead to a wide open Edelman. 

Plus we'll see that little azzhole put his arms in the air on every incomplete he's involved with, stand over a Jet CB after he makes a play & talk sh*t, and see at least 1 Brady throw away that is CLEARLY grounding but the ref will announce that he was informed by Brady that he had a player in the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Who covers Edelman and who covers White?
If you stop those two guys you stop the patriots. They have 40 FDs between the 2 of them. Michel also has 20 rushing FDs and 4 receiving but they should be able to control the run. 

That's been there bread and butter, passes between the Lb's and secondary then a mid range toss to the big guy. He isn't here anymore but they still move those chains with the lil guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm more worried about the Pats defense and special teams than I am their offense. 

This is the real hurdle only 48 PA. That's sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Pressure Brady has always been the key

He releases the ball so quickly, EVERY team knows this but can't do a thing about it. He has always found Edelman, and every other undersized WR over the last 15 years. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

He releases the ball so quickly, EVERY team knows this but can't do a thing about it. He has always found Edelman, and every other undersized WR over the last 15 years. 

Yet in this "copy cat league" they seem to be the only ones living this way on O. Plus they have the Zebras on their side.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Cute thread and I consider everyone of you a friend, but the reality is.... The Patriots aren’t the only ones we are playing against Monday night

 

 

 

 

A53613B4-A896-4E69-82E6-527E016A0C92.jpeg

They usually do start penalizing the pats only after the game is out of doubt and they are up by 14 or more, then at the end of the game the stats don't look so bad.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the QB Quinnen Williams was drafted to harass. He’s a rookie, he doesn’t have to get 4 sacks, but make Brady move and screw up the timing with Edeljuicer. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

We have no chance due to reffing.

The Jets can very well have a stellar game and do almost everything right and will still lose due to the reffing bias.

Sadly, this is true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He releases the ball so quickly, EVERY team knows this but can't do a thing about it. He has always found Edelman, and every other undersized WR over the last 15 years. 

They never get called for their blatant pick plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Larz said:

This is the QB Quinnen Williams was drafted to harass. He’s a rookie, he doesn’t have to get 4 sacks, but make Brady move and screw up the timing with Edeljuicer. 

100pct. Q has already made some nice plays (the tackle on Dak being the biggest play) but this week he needs to help contain the run and most importantly make Brady nervous by pressuring him up the middle. If you do that a few times early in the game, Brady has a tendency to play nervous the rest of the game. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jetster said:

If Gordon is slowed Trumaine has the size to run with him or any of their backups.

I agree with everything you said except for this. Tru cannot keep up with anyone. The only thing he can still do, and do well, is play zone, tackle and play with a 10yrd cushion- which should only happen on 3rd and forever. I'm hoping Hairston is healthy b/c the Pats will attack Tru with quick slants, pick plays, seam routes, and really any deep routes. And any of their WRs can beat Tru doing that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I'm still worried about their offense, mainly because everyone is saying exactly this. 

Everyone is (rightfully) noting that their offense has struggled (by their standards) and looked very pedestrian. But, the Pats have a habit of flipping the script on teams. 

Also, despite their "struggles," Brady still managed to throw for 348 yards (with a 66.7 completion %) and 334 yards (with a 75.6 completion %) against the Redskins and Giants, respectively. It's not like they can't move the ball. 

I get it, but key words:  "Redskins" and "Giants".

Listen, Brady is still Brady, but man - that defense!!!  This will be a huge test for Sam!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I agree with everything you said except for this. Tru cannot keep up with anyone. The only thing he can still do, and do well, is play zone, tackle and play with a 10yrd cushion- which should only happen on 3rd and forever. I'm hoping Hairston is healthy b/c the Pats will attack Tru with quick slants, pick plays, seam routes, and really any deep routes. And any of their WRs can beat Tru doing that. 

I agree.  Is it me, or does Tru look like he just doesn't care?  He seems to be loafing around, not hustling.  what a disappointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

They never get called for their blatant pick plays. 

and blatant holding.....  the NFL protects Brady and formerly Manning as they are the face of the NFL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetster said:

This game is where all of those LBs & Safeties need to come up big. If Gordon isn't 100% this game will be all about playing in that 10 yard rectangle that Brady operates in with Edelman & White. We need CJ back badly for a game like this. Cashman could be a key player to running sideline to sideline. The interior of this Pats line isn't close to as good as the Cowboys. I think GW will try to get away with Nickel & Dime type defense with an extra safety. Now normally Brady just audibles to the run game if you do this but they're having issues on their Oline, they do not have the power blocking TEs to negate that strategy like they did with Gronk & Devlin, both are gone. 

I think we'll shoot the gaps & try to disrupt with run blitzes. It's dangerous if you guess wrong but if you guess right you make Brady play behind the sticks. Brady in 3rd & short is like a surgeon. We know Brady isn't getting away from any free rushers either. Adams, Maye, Poole, are huge in this game. If Gordon is slowed Trumaine has the size to run with him or any of their backups. You know for a fact that McDaniel will be looking to get his RBs one on one with our LBs. They are good for at least 3 wheel routes, the secondary has to be ready for them. Jets defense needs to be physical like they were vs Dallas, they need to hit hard, wrap up & make every tackle a violent tackle keeping everything in front of them like Hewitt was doing Sunday. Make them work for everything & hold them to FGs, you know they'll move the ball, you just can't give them any chunk plays on offense or turn the ball over & give them cheap D or special team points.

If we can turn this into a street fight around the LOS & disrupt all that pick play sh*t they run we can slow them down. Bowles/Rogers use to allow them free releases off the LOS, I think that's a mistake & you have to knock them off their routes & f*ck up Bradys timing & make him double clutch. Mix that with some delayed blitzes & you might get there now when he brings the ball back down. Should be fun, and let's pray we get everyone back for this one, we'll need a huge effort for 60 minutes. 

Great summary.

Rex was money in these types of situations. Let's see what Greg Williams can do. Also, Q's chance to show his stuff. Hope his ankle is ok.

Don't sleep on Sony Michel. He's money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Cute thread and I consider everyone of you a friend, but the reality is.... The Patriots aren’t the only ones we are playing against Monday night

 

 

 

 

A53613B4-A896-4E69-82E6-527E016A0C92.jpeg

If Brady gets hit like Dak did last week there will be flags all over the field

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

They actually NEED to be able to run the ball.  BB loves to make a team one dimensional, if the Jets can’t run the ball it will be a long night for the Jets.  

It must be nice knowing you can focus more resources on stopping the run because your DBs will never get flagged for PI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetster said:

This game is where all of those LBs & Safeties need to come up big. If Gordon isn't 100% this game will be all about playing in that 10 yard rectangle that Brady operates in with Edelman & White. We need CJ back badly for a game like this. Cashman could be a key player to running sideline to sideline. The interior of this Pats line isn't close to as good as the Cowboys. I think GW will try to get away with Nickel & Dime type defense with an extra safety. Now normally Brady just audibles to the run game if you do this but they're having issues on their Oline, they do not have the power blocking TEs to negate that strategy like they did with Gronk & Devlin, both are gone. 

I think we'll shoot the gaps & try to disrupt with run blitzes. It's dangerous if you guess wrong but if you guess right you make Brady play behind the sticks. Brady in 3rd & short is like a surgeon. We know Brady isn't getting away from any free rushers either. Adams, Maye, Poole, are huge in this game. If Gordon is slowed Trumaine has the size to run with him or any of their backups. You know for a fact that McDaniel will be looking to get his RBs one on one with our LBs. They are good for at least 3 wheel routes, the secondary has to be ready for them. Jets defense needs to be physical like they were vs Dallas, they need to hit hard, wrap up & make every tackle a violent tackle keeping everything in front of them like Hewitt was doing Sunday. Make them work for everything & hold them to FGs, you know they'll move the ball, you just can't give them any chunk plays on offense or turn the ball over & give them cheap D or special team points.

If we can turn this into a street fight around the LOS & disrupt all that pick play sh*t they run we can slow them down. Bowles/Rogers use to allow them free releases off the LOS, I think that's a mistake & you have to knock them off their routes & f*ck up Bradys timing & make him double clutch. Mix that with some delayed blitzes & you might get there now when he brings the ball back down. Should be fun, and let's pray we get everyone back for this one, we'll need a huge effort for 60 minutes. 

i think most have been penciling this in as a loss since day 1.  i am hoping Sam shows improvement and the defense steps up.  

it's always been in my mind about the last 10 games.  i want to win 7 of those games.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I agree.  Is it me, or does Tru look like he just doesn't care?  He seems to be loafing around, not hustling.  what a disappointment.

I mean, who knows, right? But I don't think he doesn't care. He still tackles like he cares so he's putting in the effort. I just think he doesn't have the speed and quickness anymore to keep up with most NFL receivers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets need all hands on deck Monday Night...

 

I just hope the refs don't Dictate the outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...