Mogglez

Sam Darnold named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.

wait....he won Offensive Player of the Week?  Like for the WHOLE AFC???  But so many people on these forums said he "sucks", "5th best QB taken in 2018 draft", "2nd best QB in town", "let him go and tank for Tua" etc etc etc.  how is this possible???

but in all seriousness, well deserved!  what a difference a QB makes!  Now if we can just get CJ, Herndon, etc maybe we can be somewhat competitive on Monday night.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Sam isn't a rookie, didn't throw it 52 times, and 23/51 =/= 71.9%. Other than that, great article!

on the rookie front, technically you are correct, but he still has not played 16 games yet.....

but yeah, how do these people have jobs with wrong info like that???  I mean 23 of 52 is Off player of the week?  haha  with less than 50% comp?

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

:rolleyes: 

Sam was terrific on Sunday. He earned it.

When you are done taking your little victory lap, am I allowed to point out that Mayfield won the Offensive Rookie of the YEAR award, and a few OPOW's last year. Nice to see Sam finally get on the board though.  :thumbup:

Darnold deserves this recognition he got for Sunday's performance, now let's keep it rolling. This season can still be salvaged.

woo hoo!!!  some "Sam positivity" from the man who claimed his number!!  LOL

but as for the ROTY award.....as MANY (and I mean MANY) midgets fans have pointed out to me, a certain little RB won that award......believe me, I wish Baker had won it....ugh

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

This year? Baker played 6 games, Sam has played two.

Baker is 2-4, Sam is 1-1, so nothing much has really happened has it?

listen, I am not trying to argue with you, but what I have seen from you in the past are things like:  Sam does well, people on here say bad things about Baker, Allen or more recently, Jones.  Your response seems to be:  why bring them into it?  has nothing to do with Sam.

so now this guy is saying how poorly Baker has played and you respond by bringing Sam into it????

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Very good point, and I have to admit you are 100% correct, it was wrong for me to bring Darnold's name into the reply. 

Not that it's an excuse, but I was going back and forth between two threads, this one and the Tiki and Tierney one, and I got a little confused with where each conversation was going.

That doesn't take away from what you said being true, however.

Well to be clear....I don't think it was "wrong".  it was just inconsistent for you.  Of course there will always be comparisons between Sam and Baker, Sam and Allen, and now Sam and Jones.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company