Mogglez

Sam Darnold named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.

58 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

@14 in Green Baker Mayfield sucks

:rolleyes: 

56 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

LOL  14 has been quiet today.  Very interested to see what his thoughts are on this honor for Sam.

Sam was terrific on Sunday. He earned it.

52 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Very quiet lmao! Wonder if Sam is still behind all the other 2018 QB’s that clearly aren’t as ahead of the curb than him.

When you are done taking your little victory lap, am I allowed to point out that Mayfield won the Offensive Rookie of the YEAR award, and a few OPOW's last year. Nice to see Sam finally get on the board though.  :thumbup:

Darnold deserves this recognition he got for Sunday's performance, now let's keep it rolling. This season can still be salvaged.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol you know what, screw the awards! Sam sees the field better and it’s as clear as the vodka I plan on downing on Monday night.

My rooting for Baker has never taken precedence over the Jets winning, I know you know that.

If Darnold plays well again and beats the Patriots, I'll be just as happy as you, and I'll have my man Johnnie Walker sitting next to me cheering along.

• Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And then what happened?

This year? Baker played 6 games, Sam has played two.

Baker is 2-4, Sam is 1-1, so nothing much has really happened has it?

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

listen, I am not trying to argue with you, but what I have seen from you in the past are things like:  Sam does well, people on here say bad things about Baker, Allen or more recently, Jones.  Your response seems to be:  why bring them into it?  has nothing to do with Sam.

so now this guy is saying how poorly Baker has played and you respond by bringing Sam into it????

Very good point, and I have to admit you are 100% correct, it was wrong for me to bring Darnold's name into the reply. 

Not that it's an excuse, but I was going back and forth between two threads, this one and the Tiki and Tierney one, and I got a little confused with where each conversation was going.

That doesn't take away from what you said being true, however.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sam continues to show an ability to play well against winning teams and beat them.  

Something Baker can’t seem to do

We could go back and forth with each of us throwing out the stats which support who we favor in this discussion.

I could counter what you said here by saying Baker has 9 wins, Sam has 5. Then you could bring up Baker's # of career ints as opposed to Sam's, and I counter with the number of TD passes they have. Blah bla blah, we're never going to convince each about Mayfield, no matter how hard we try, my friend.

Baker was the better QB last year, this year he hasn't been very good at all, in fact he's been bad. Sam has only played two games this year. The first wasn't very good in my opinion, but he had a valid excuse. Sunday he was terrific. If he continues to play near that level, I'll be as happy as anyone else here. I want him to play well and help the Jets win.

As far as Baker goes, there's no doubt he has to be better then he's been. I think he will, but my thinking that means nothing more then those who "think" something about any player. It's not even halfway through their second seasons. I enjoy talking about the 5 QBs picked in '18, and I enjoy it when people go back and forth about them with me. The thing is though we're only talking about our opinions and projections. It's way too early to know for sure about any of them.

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No we cant on this one.  Baker has one win against a winning team.  

He leads the league in INTs

He leads the NFL in INTs since he started, a full season and a game.

Baker has played on the better team both seasons.

He has had a top RB 2 seasons with a top OL.  Sam has the better RB this year but not the OL

Baker has the better WRs by far.  

And I'll take Darnold, his size, arm, touch, release, disposition etc every day.

I also would never go to the Browns board and start a debate there, would expect their fans to defend their guy.  You should pick up on that

Those are your opinions, so you're entitled to them. I don't agree, and I'm entitled to mine also. I think I already said that however.

As far as your last point, be better then that. You usually are.

This isn't only a Jets board, it's a football board, and it would be pretty boring for you if everyone here agreed with your opinion, so don't preach to me about defending another team's player who I happen to have liked since he was in college. You should pick up on that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company