Sam Darnold named AFC Offensive Player of the Week.

Mogglez

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol you know what, screw the awards! Sam sees the field better and it’s as clear as the vodka I plan on downing on Monday night.

My rooting for Baker has never taken precedence over the Jets winning, I know you know that.

If Darnold plays well again and beats the Patriots, I'll be just as happy as you, and I'll have my man Johnnie Walker sitting next to me cheering along.

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

:rolleyes: 

Sam was terrific on Sunday. He earned it.

When you are done taking your little victory lap, am I allowed to point out that Mayfield won the Offensive Rookie of the YEAR award, and a few OPOW's last year. Nice to see Sam finally get on the board though.  :thumbup:

Darnold deserves this recognition he got for Sunday's performance, now let's keep it rolling. This season can still be salvaged.

woo hoo!!!  some "Sam positivity" from the man who claimed his number!!  LOL

but as for the ROTY award.....as MANY (and I mean MANY) midgets fans have pointed out to me, a certain little RB won that award......believe me, I wish Baker had won it....ugh

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

This year? Baker played 6 games, Sam has played two.

Baker is 2-4, Sam is 1-1, so nothing much has really happened has it?

listen, I am not trying to argue with you, but what I have seen from you in the past are things like:  Sam does well, people on here say bad things about Baker, Allen or more recently, Jones.  Your response seems to be:  why bring them into it?  has nothing to do with Sam.

so now this guy is saying how poorly Baker has played and you respond by bringing Sam into it????

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I get nervous about all the accolades.  Just like in the Dallas game where the announcers were praising him like crazy, next play interception!

We were so lucky the Giants took a RB and the Browns took a baby.

I love the mindset that the game is affected by what the announcers think.:)  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Baker was awful in 5 of 6 games.  Sam was decent in one (playing with mono) and very sharp in the other.  

Quite a bit has happened.  Especially if you entered this season with the opinion that Baker is an elite or Top 12 QB and Sam is below average or worse.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sam continues to show an ability to play well against winning teams and beat them.  

Something Baker can’t seem to do

2 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

listen, I am not trying to argue with you, but what I have seen from you in the past are things like:  Sam does well, people on here say bad things about Baker, Allen or more recently, Jones.  Your response seems to be:  why bring them into it?  has nothing to do with Sam.

so now this guy is saying how poorly Baker has played and you respond by bringing Sam into it????

Very good point, and I have to admit you are 100% correct, it was wrong for me to bring Darnold's name into the reply. 

Not that it's an excuse, but I was going back and forth between two threads, this one and the Tiki and Tierney one, and I got a little confused with where each conversation was going.

That doesn't take away from what you said being true, however.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Very good point, and I have to admit you are 100% correct, it was wrong for me to bring Darnold's name into the reply. 

Not that it's an excuse, but I was going back and forth between two threads, this one and the Tiki and Tierney one, and I got a little confused with where each conversation was going.

That doesn't take away from what you said being true, however.

Well to be clear....I don't think it was "wrong".  it was just inconsistent for you.  Of course there will always be comparisons between Sam and Baker, Sam and Allen, and now Sam and Jones.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sam continues to show an ability to play well against winning teams and beat them.  

Something Baker can’t seem to do

We could go back and forth with each of us throwing out the stats which support who we favor in this discussion.

I could counter what you said here by saying Baker has 9 wins, Sam has 5. Then you could bring up Baker's # of career ints as opposed to Sam's, and I counter with the number of TD passes they have. Blah bla blah, we're never going to convince each about Mayfield, no matter how hard we try, my friend.

Baker was the better QB last year, this year he hasn't been very good at all, in fact he's been bad. Sam has only played two games this year. The first wasn't very good in my opinion, but he had a valid excuse. Sunday he was terrific. If he continues to play near that level, I'll be as happy as anyone else here. I want him to play well and help the Jets win.

As far as Baker goes, there's no doubt he has to be better then he's been. I think he will, but my thinking that means nothing more then those who "think" something about any player. It's not even halfway through their second seasons. I enjoy talking about the 5 QBs picked in '18, and I enjoy it when people go back and forth about them with me. The thing is though we're only talking about our opinions and projections. It's way too early to know for sure about any of them.

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

We could go back and forth with each of us throwing out the stats which support who we favor in this discussion.

I could counter what you said here by saying Baker has 9 wins, Sam has 5. Then you could bring up Baker's # of career ints as opposed to Sam's, and I counter with the number of TD passes they have. Blah bla blah, we're never going to convince each about Mayfield, no matter how hard we try, my friend.

Baker was the better QB last year, this year he hasn't been very good at all, in fact he's been bad. Sam has only played two games this year. The first wasn't very good in my opinion, but he had a valid excuse. Sunday he was terrific. If he continues to play near that level, I'll be as happy as anyone else here. I want him to play well and help the Jets win.

As far as Baker goes, there's no doubt he has to be better then he's been. I think he will, but my thinking that means nothing more then those who "think" something about any player. It's not even halfway through their second seasons. I enjoy talking about the 5 QBs picked in '18, and I enjoy it when people go back and forth about them with me. The thing is though we're only talking about our opinions and projections. It's way too early to know for sure about any of them.

No we cant on this one.  Baker has one win against a winning team.  

He leads the league in INTs

He leads the NFL in INTs since he started, a full season and a game.

Baker has played on the better team both seasons.

He has had a top RB 2 seasons with a top OL.  Sam has the better RB this year but not the OL

Baker has the better WRs by far.  

And I'll take Darnold, his size, arm, touch, release, disposition etc every day.

I also would never go to the Browns board and start a debate there, would expect their fans to defend their guy.  You should pick up on that

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

keep it up Sam! I’m so proud. When is the last time a Jets QB won AFC Offensive Player Of The Week?

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/10/09/geno-smith-named-afc-offensive-player-of-the-week/

Geno Smith Named AFC Offensive Player Of The Week

You just had to ask.

• Haha 1

wait....he won Offensive Player of the Week?  Like for the WHOLE AFC???  But so many people on these forums said he "sucks", "5th best QB taken in 2018 draft", "2nd best QB in town", "let him go and tank for Tua" etc etc etc.  how is this possible???
but in all seriousness, well deserved!  what a difference a QB makes!  Now if we can just get CJ, Herndon, etc maybe we can be somewhat competitive on Monday night.
Hell yeah....if we have Mosely and Herndon for Monday night then the Pats are gonna be in for a dog fight!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He has had a top RB 2 seasons with a top OL.  Sam has the better RB this year but not the OL

And I'll take Darnold, his size, arm, touch, release, disposition etc every day.

I also would never go to the Browns board and start a debate there, would expect their fans to defend their guy.  You should pick up on that

Those are your opinions, so you're entitled to them. I don't agree, and I'm entitled to mine also. I think I already said that however.

As far as your last point, be better then that. You usually are.

This isn't only a Jets board, it's a football board, and it would be pretty boring for you if everyone here agreed with your opinion, so don't preach to me about defending another team's player who I happen to have liked since he was in college. You should pick up on that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Strangely PFF graded the Brown’s OL as #2 at the end of last season and only #20 coming into this season (Jets #28–overrated!). I don’t follow the Browns that closely—what happened?

20 hours ago, Legend Killa7 said:

on the rookie front, technically you are correct, but he still has not played 16 games yet.....

but yeah, how do these people have jobs with wrong info like that???  I mean 23 of 52 is Off player of the week?  haha  with less than 50% comp?

It didn’t say that Sam is a rookie. Read it again. 

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I get nervous about all the accolades.  Just like in the Dallas game where the announcers were praising him like crazy, next play interception!

We were so lucky the Giants took a RB and the Browns took a baby.

If the annoucers didnt praise him then it would be looked at as the announcers are out to get him. A year or so later when Darnold is good enough for fans not to be so nervous then they'll talk about how the announcers hated on him because they never said anything nice or praised other guys. Sometimes it's just best to say what you feel, and so far they've been correct in their praise.

It's great that they see and praise the talent, even if followed up with a pick. The fact is that Darnold ended the game strong and bounced back from the INT while completely changing the vibe of the team. 

If you do that, more often than not this is how you become good. Consistency and at times things going in your favor.

That's football.

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Those are your opinions, so you're entitled to them. I don't agree, and I'm entitled to mine also. I think I already said that however.

This isn't only a Jets board, it's a football board, and it would be pretty boring for you if everyone here agreed with your opinion, so don't preach to me about defending another team's player who I happen to have liked since he was in college. You should pick up on that.

The INTs arent opinion, theyre fact as is the fact that hes only beaten one team with a winning record.

Dont mean its a Jets board and you cant talk about another QB but having a mancrush on another QB, youre going to hear it, just as I would expect to hear it if I talked up a competitor on another teams board.

What I'm really saying is I dont get the whole Baker thing.  His fans here loved him before he stepped on the field and he never played here.  I can appreciate others who play on other teams but I dont care enough about them to talk about them as if theyre movie stars, all gaga over a player I dont even watch, for a team I dont give a damn about

BTW, nice Idzik like presser talking up Baker yesterday by Dorsey.  Not just Jets fans apparently 

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Strangely PFF graded the Brown’s OL as #2 at the end of last season and only #20 coming into this season (Jets #28–overrated!). I don’t follow the Browns that closely—what happened?

I was curious to see what Browns fans had to say so I took a peek on Tuesday. Pretty typical fanboy stuff, a few guys putting the blame on Baker .. lots of people blaming the oline and/or HC. Pretty much what we'll see here if we lay an egg this week.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Lots has happenned with Baker. Hes played like sh*t this year dating back to preseason. Last year is becomming a distant memory. I dont believe its outlandish to be of the opinion that last year was the mirage.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

no.  it is a Jet board. that does not preclude debate, of course. but it is a Jet board.  It oozes Jet-ness

23 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

:rolleyes: 

Sam was terrific on Sunday. He earned it.

When you are done taking your little victory lap, am I allowed to point out that Mayfield won the Offensive Rookie of the YEAR award, and a few OPOW's last year. Nice to see Sam finally get on the board though.  :thumbup:

Darnold deserves this recognition he got for Sunday's performance, now let's keep it rolling. This season can still be salvaged.

Saquon Barkley was OROY last year, not Mayfield.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Awesumtenor said:

Saquon Barkley was OROY last year, not Mayfield.

He knows this. I brought it to his attention at some point in the offseason, and he's been corrected in other threads too. He just likes to keep saying it because it looks good and is believable when he posts it along with the rookie TD record (never any mention of Baker leading the league in turnovers since he became a starter though), and he's essentially hoping no one calls him on it.

Even without the above though, you'd think a baker worshiper would know which accolades baker's won and hasn't won.