PFF Grades

msena88

4 hours ago, Welp said:

You guys complaining about Adams draft value but just imagine if we drafted Hockenson at #3 like some posters here suggested...

There was actually a thread condemning the drafting of Q after week 1 when Hock had a good game..  Funny all those people piling on haven't said jack sh-t since then.

• Haha 1

Meanwhile look at all the IMPACTZ the other guys in the top 10 of the draft have made.  Garrett leading the Browns to win after win, Corey Davis caught a pass last week!  I think John Ross still plays but not sure..

I-M-P-A-C-T POWER!

1 1 Cleveland Browns Myles Garrett  DE Texas A&M SEC  
  1 2 Chicago Bears Mitchell Trubisky  QB North Carolina ACC from San Francisco [R1 - 1]
  1 3 San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas  DE Stanford Pac-12 from Chicago [R1 - 2]
  1 4 Jacksonville Jaguars Leonard Fournette  RB LSU SEC  
  1 5 Tennessee Titans Corey Davis  WR Western Michigan MAC from LA Rams [R1 - 3]
  1 6 New York Jets Jamal Adams  S LSU SEC  
  1 7 Los Angeles Chargers Mike Williams  WR Clemson ACC  
  1 8 Carolina Panthers Christian McCaffrey  RB Stanford Pac-12  
  1 9 Cincinnati Bengals John Ross  WR Washington Pac-12  
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Meanwhile look at all the IMPACTZ the other guys in the top 10 of the draft have made.  Garrett leading the Browns to win after win, Corey Davis caught a pass last week!  I think John Ross still plays but not sure..

I-M-P-A-C-T POWER!

1 2 Chicago Bears Mitchell Trubisky  QB North Carolina ACC from San Francisco [R1 - 1]
  1 3 San Francisco 49ers Solomon Thomas  DE Stanford Pac-12 from Chicago [R1 - 2]

Every team on this list other than the Bengals has more wins than the Jets.

Just now, dbatesman said:

Every team on this list other than the Bengals has more wins than the Jets.

Season isn't over...  and none of them are winning the SB. 

I'll give you Garrett..  other than that I'm not seeing who the better choice than Adams is.

and I know I know that Mahomes and Watson are next but I'm focusing on top 10.  No one had Watson or Mahomes in the top 10.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I'll give you Garrett..  other than that I'm not seeing who the better choice than Adams is.

and I know I know that Mahomes and Watson are next but I'm focusing on top 10.  No one had Watson or Mahomes in the top 10.

name me one player who went 7th, 8th, or 9th in the 2017 draft whose better than Jamal Adams. QED bitch

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

name me one player who went 7th, 8th, or 9th in the 2017 draft whose better than Jamal Adams. QED bitch

?  I said top 10...  ok easier question..  Can you come up with 5 better picks than Jamall Pro in the entire 1st round?

Garrett, Lattimore, Mahomes, Watson...  and??

1 10 Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes  QB Texas Tech Big 12 from Buffalo [R1 - 4]
  1 11 New Orleans Saints Marshon Lattimore  CB Ohio State Big Ten  
  1 12 Houston Texans Deshaun Watson  QB Clemson ACC from Philadelphia via Cleveland [R1 - 5]
  1 13 Arizona Cardinals Haason Reddick  LB Temple The American  
  1 14 Philadelphia Eagles Derek Barnett  DE Tennessee SEC from Minnesota [R1 - 6]
  1 15 Indianapolis Colts Malik Hooker  S Ohio State Big Ten  
  1 16 Baltimore Ravens Marlon Humphrey  CB Alabama SEC  
  1 17 Washington Redskins Jonathan Allen  DE Alabama SEC  
  1 18 Tennessee Titans Adoree' Jackson  CB USC Pac-12  
  1 19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers O. J. Howard  TE Alabama SEC  
  1 20 Denver Broncos Garett Bolles  OT Utah Pac-12  
  1 21 Detroit Lions Jarrad Davis  LB Florida SEC  
  1 22 Miami Dolphins Charles Harris  DE Missouri SEC  
  1 23 New York Giants Evan Engram  TE Ole Miss SEC  
  1 24 Oakland Raiders Gareon Conley  CB Ohio State Big Ten  
  1 25 Cleveland Browns Jabrill Peppers  S Michigan Big Ten from Houston [R1 - 7]
  1 26 Atlanta Falcons Takkarist McKinley  DE UCLA Pac-12 from Seattle [R1 - 8]
  1 27 Buffalo Bills Tre'Davious White  CB LSU SEC from Kansas City [R1 - 9]
  1 28 Dallas Cowboys Taco Charlton  DE Michigan Big Ten  
  1 29 Cleveland Browns David Njoku  TE Miami (FL) ACC from Green Bay [R1 - 10]
  1 30 Pittsburgh Steelers T. J. Watt  LB Wisconsin Big Ten  
  1 31 San Francisco 49ers Reuben Foster  LB Alabama SEC from Atlanta via Seattle [R1 - 11]
  1 32 New Orleans Saints Ryan Ramczyk 

45 minutes ago, Pac said:

?  I said top 10...  ok easier question..  Can you come up with 5 better picks than Jamall Pro in the entire 1st round?

1 10 Kansas City Chiefs Patrick Mahomes  QB Texas Tech Big 12 from Buffalo [R1 - 4]
  1 12 Houston Texans Deshaun Watson  QB Clemson ACC from Philadelphia via Cleveland [R1 - 5]
  1 14 Philadelphia Eagles Derek Barnett  DE Tennessee SEC from Minnesota [R1 - 6]
  1 31 San Francisco 49ers Reuben Foster  LB Alabama SEC from Atlanta via Seattle [R1 - 11]

Watt. Can’t wait to see where those goalposts go next!

28 minutes ago, jetsons said:

What other criteria is considered?... His Coverage grade is 90.4 & his Tackling grade is 90.4 yet his Overall grade is 88.4???

He rates a 2.7 in the humility category, dragging his entire average down 

If there was a redraft, Adams probably goes 7.  McCaffrey is probably the second best rb in football behind Barkley.  Debatable between Watt and Adams.   I’d go Adams.

Overall I like the Adams selection.  Keep in mind we had been badly busting our first round picks for the better part of a decade and had almost no talent and youth, so we desperately needed a win.  Mac picked as close to a sure thing as possible, and I’m fine with that.  Just like I’m fine with Leonard Williams and QW.  When you suck at player evals as bad as Mac was, take the money that’s handed to you.

yea of course you take the best player in football in a redraft, but Mahomes had a ton of problems on his tape and was no sure thing.  His accuracy was very problematic in college.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Lattimore has actually been receding since amazing his first year. As of right now, he'd have the 3rd highest CB grade on our 1-4 team.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Mccaffrey?

5 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Mccaffrey?

I thought about it but this is his first breakout year and the shelf life for pro bowl level play from RB's is about half the time it will be for Jamal.  If we didn't have Bell it might be a harder choice.

7 hours ago, slats said:

A good player can also be a bad draft pick. Jamal Adams is a very good player, he was also a bad draft pick. 

This is how the NFL values safeties: 

Franchise Tags

QB: $24.865 million
RB: $11.214 million
WR: $16.787 million
TE: $10.387 million
OL: $14.067 million
DE: $17.128 million
DT: $15.209 million
LB: $15.443 million
CB: $16.022 million
S: $11.15 million
K/P: $4.971 million

Lowest value on defense by far, lower than any other positions except TE and K/P. That's not a position you take with the 6th overall pick. As good as Adams is, his selection is part of why Maccagnan's now unemployed. When the time comes, are you going to be looking for the Jets to pay Adams $12M/year+? Some will. He'll also be subject to a lot of the same conversations we're having about Leo Williams right now. 

This board's view of adams is a master class in the sunk cost fallacy. 

He was a bad pick the day he was drafted, despite being a great player, because of the position he plays. He'd have to be a Reed or Polamalu - a consistent game changer at S - to justify that slot. Just being one of the best safeties in the league (which he is) doesn't do it, given replacement value. 

He's also a terrific player, and unless one of you has developed a time machine that can be used to go back and undo the pick, I'm not sure what possible relevance his draft slot can have now. It doesn't impact his play, it doesn't impact his usage, and it doesn't even let you complain about the GM or suggest firing him, because the guy who drafted him is no longer here. I get the habit is hard to break, but why the hell are you people still talking about this?

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I remember when Revis didn't make an "impact" in games because QBs avoided him. Adams is a great player. He is a leader and help the team win games. 

There are a ton of mistakes Macc made (draft picks/FA signings), Adams isn't one of them. 

So your saying you wouldn’t trade Jamal Adams str8 up for either Watson, or Mahomes?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

So your saying you wouldn’t trade Jamal Adams str8 up for either Watson, or Mahomes?

Of course but that doesn't make the Adams pick a bad one. 

Just like  it would be dumb to call the John Abraham selection in 2000 (and the other 198 players taken before Brady) a bad pick simply because they all passed on the greatest QB of all time. 

The reality is that every team in the NFL could have traded up to 5-6-7 in the 2017 draft and taken Mahomes or Watson. Most regret not doing so given what these guys turned into. Meanwhile, for all we know Darnold will turn out to be better so I've gotten over it. You should to.

9 hours ago, slats said:

A good player can also be a bad draft pick. Jamal Adams is a very good player, he was also a bad draft pick. 

Franchise Tags

Lowest value on defense by far, lower than any other positions except TE and K/P. That's not a position you take with the 6th overall pick. As good as Adams is, his selection is part of why Maccagnan's now unemployed. When the time comes, are you going to be looking for the Jets to pay Adams $12M/year+? Some will. He'll also be subject to a lot of the same conversations we're having about Leo Williams right now. 

That makes sense. Just like TEs like Gronk and Kelce have no value either.

As the crowd looks on, Jamal Adams pauses in the middle of his Hall of Fame induction speech. A Jets fan seizes the moment "Jamal you weren't worth the 6th overall pick". Half the Jets fan watching at home start to applaud while the other half mumble just let it go. 

No doubt in mind we will be arguing about this 50 years from now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

39 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just like  it would be dumb to call the John Abraham selection in 2000 (and the other 198 players taken before Brady) a bad pick simply because they all passed on the greatest QB of all time. 

Stop not the same not even close.

10 hours ago, slats said:

Franchise Tags

Good! It won't be too expensive to resign him ;-)

Good post though.

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

This board's view of adams is a master class in the sunk cost fallacy. 

He was a bad pick the day he was drafted, despite being a great player, because of the position he plays. He'd have to be a Reed or Polamalu - a consistent game changer at S - to justify that slot. Just being one of the best safeties in the league (which he is) doesn't do it, given replacement value. 

He's also a terrific player, and unless one of you has developed a time machine that can be used to go back and undo the pick, I'm not sure what possible relevance his draft slot can have now. It doesn't impact his play, it doesn't impact his usage, and it doesn't even let you complain about the GM or suggest firing him, because the guy who drafted him is no longer here. I get the habit is hard to break, but why the hell are you people still talking about this?

Jamal Adams is probably the best safety in the league right now. 

Redo the draft hes probably the 6th best player (Jets could have done far worse)

1. Mahomes

2. Watson

3. McCaffrey

4. Lattimore 

5. TJ Watt

6. Jamal

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Ramczyk and TreDavious White, too

Buffalo traded down and got their #1 CB.  The jets stood pat and took a safety.....then taking a safety again in the 2nd round is the most mind blowingly stupid thing of all time.

Dalvin Cook, juju smith schuster, Kamarra, cooper kupp, all there and we take a 2nd safety.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CTM said:

Which players are ahead of him and what was their draft slot?

I don't think him being the 4th best safety is anything to crow about, is it? It's year 3 and he's one of highest drafted safeties of all time  @1.6

Sounds like you've been hangin with Shame too much. Just gotta rain on the parade don't you ?

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've been calling Jamal a good Linebacker for a while now.  Glad to see someone finally embracing this.  

The problem isn't someone calling Adams a good player.  The problem is people suggesting he'll be worthy of an extension paying him top Safety money, which at the moment exceeds $14M a year. 

Additionally, I find a problem with people fighting hard against the idea of trading such a player to improve the team in areas of need.  If he's as good as you guys like to say he is, then surely someone out there will give us a 1st & 4th for him?

The only reasons you trade a player like Adams for a 1st and a 4th are

1. He's gone AB crazy or Ramsey unhappy, or

2. You're admitting you don't have a franchise QB and it's time to tear the team apart and go into "tank mode". If that's how a GM feels, he's going to trade anyone who has value, not just Adams, ala Miami. 

If you're not going to go full tank mode, you keep your Pro Bowl players, pay them and build around them. The trade you're proposing is the equivalent of breaking up Aces to pull a straight. If you pull it off, you increase your odds of winning, but it's not a smart play. It's dumb.

We're not talking about a Leo Williams here, we're talking about a young player who is producing at a high level. If you believe in Darnold, you keep young guys like Adams, Maye, QW, Robbie, etc and build your core around them.The way to win is through the draft, but you don't do it by trading good young players you drafted, you do it by drafting more of them.

If you want to add more picks you can trade older or mediocre players or you can do it move around during the draft. Ask GW or Gase if they want to trade Adams. They'll laugh at the idea and the "positional value" reasoning behind it.

14 hours ago, jgb said:

This one cuts both ways—Jamal isn’t a franchise QB and two were drafted after him and we desperately needed one buuuuut... Macc was never drafting Mahomes or Watson. In round one he takes guys who “fall,” he would never reach in the first. He played the draft not to lose.

Scared money never makes money.  

At least due to his “playing not to lose”, to protect his job and incompetence the Jets were able to luck into someone who might be the Top Rated QB in the NFL in the future.