Jump to content

Recommended Posts

how is our GM going to handle the roster in a few years when we have to pay Sam $40mm/year for a contract extension?  probably best to trade him now especially coming off the player of the week honors.

maybe package Jamal and Sam for a first round pick?  what can we realistically get for Sam now?  Rosen went for a second so it has to be at least that much right?

 

 

 

  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4
  • Butt Fumble 66

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

This wasn’t funny though.

i been reading how Sam isn't so good the last month.

edit: those guys are insane 

  • Butt Fumble 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see what OP is doing but these conversations will happen when it is time without hint of irony.

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I see what OP is doing but these conversations will happen when it is time without hint of irony.

You don't trade the first franchise qb this team has had in decades, ever for anything... period... Stop the insanity 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jgb said:

I see what OP is doing but these conversations will happen when it is time without hint of irony.

No it won’t.  That’s not irony it’s nonsense 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Skeptable said:

You don't trade the first franchise qb this team has had in decades, ever for anything... period... Stop the insanity 

Hello thanks for replying. I agree with you, which should’ve been obvious (“without hint of irony.”)

But “overpaying” seems to be an obsession with many Jets fans. I think it’s the least of our worries. Finding talent worthy of overpaying is a much bigger issue.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I see what OP is doing but these conversations will happen when it is time without hint of irony.

look at some of the posts from the past month when Sam wasn't even playing.  Tank for Tua.  Trade Sam.   Playing for the first pick.   Endless nonsense.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

how is our GM going to handle the roster in a few years when we have to pay Sam $40mm/year for a contract extension?  probably best to trade him now especially coming off the player of the week honors.

maybe package Jamal and Sam for a first round pick?  what can we realistically get for Sam now?  Rosen went for a second so it has to be at least that much right?

 

 

 

we can get a sixth for him.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Hello thanks for replying. I agree with you, which should’ve been obvious (“without hint of irony.”)

But “overpaying” seems to be an obsession with many Jets fans. I think it’s the least of our worries. Finding talent worthy of overpaying is a much bigger issue.

(5)  1st rounders IMO wouldn't be even close to enough... For me... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Easy answer.  Stop paying top dollar to average players like Leo Williams.  Shovel money onto Sam Darnold's lap.  Voila!  Problem solved.

we need to come up with a SD12 milkshake product and start selling it at the stadium!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original post is quite obviously a bad attempt at sarcasm.  However, there is a hidden point here.

Mahomes is going to blow the ceiling off of the top QB salary next year.  He should easily push close or even over the $40MM/season range (unless he marries a supermodel who earns hundreds of millions on her own).  

The following year, give or take a bit, Darnold is going to sign and if he's playing like a top-10 QB, the way these things seem to go, he's going to expect a little more than Mahomes got (see Kirk Cousins for recent comp).  And one of the other issues is who signs first between him, Jackson, Mayfield and Allen.  Waiting can make it even worse. 

Now I'll be ecstatic to have a QB that's worth paying top $ to, but it's going to put a huge hurt on our salary cap.  I would expect JD is already figuring out how to lay the groundwork for this (which is why Leo probably won't be back).    

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

how is our GM going to handle the roster in a few years when we have to pay Sam $40mm/year for a contract extension?  probably best to trade him now especially coming off the player of the week honors.

maybe package Jamal and Sam for a first round pick?  what can we realistically get for Sam now?  Rosen went for a second so it has to be at least that much right?

 

 

 

One of the worst attempts at humor around these parts in recent memory.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

You don't trade the first franchise qb this team has had in decades, ever for anything... period... Stop the insanity 

I think he was trying to be funny, although it is certainly hard to tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

how is our GM going to handle the roster in a few years when we have to pay Sam $40mm/year for a contract extension?  probably best to trade him now especially coming off the player of the week honors.

maybe package Jamal and Sam for a first round pick?  what can we realistically get for Sam now?  Rosen went for a second so it has to be at least that much right?

 

 

 

it's obvious.  start a company called sd14 for performance enhancing products (water) and sell to the jets for about 10 million a year.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the next time you spank it, it shoots right in your mouth. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When joking on the internet, it’s helpful to include gifs or emojis 

my 19 year old still doesn’t get sarcasm lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll bite... lay out these 3 scenarios;

I want one trade Sam for 2-3 players
Trade sam for combo of picks and players
Trade Sam for picks

Provide a scenario for each along with the following move the gm should make.

We’re waiting...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should all pay to bring Sanchez out of retirement, to run up Batman10023’s ass while we all watch.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only reason you all don't get that he was joking is that he sounds like 1/2 the board last week.

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The original post is quite obviously a bad attempt at sarcasm.  However, there is a hidden point here.

Mahomes is going to blow the ceiling off of the top QB salary next year.  He should easily push close or even over the $40MM/season range (unless he marries a supermodel who earns hundreds of millions on her own).  

The following year, give or take a bit, Darnold is going to sign and if he's playing like a top-10 QB, the way these things seem to go, he's going to expect a little more than Mahomes got (see Kirk Cousins for recent comp).  And one of the other issues is who signs first between him, Jackson, Mayfield and Allen.  Waiting can make it even worse. 

Now I'll be ecstatic to have a QB that's worth paying top $ to, but it's going to put a huge hurt on our salary cap.  I would expect JD is already figuring out how to lay the groundwork for this (which is why Leo probably won't be back).    

i'll take the other side of this argument.  i think the smart QB's will start to take less to be part of a winning team.  the evidence is there that it's hard to win by over-paying for a QB.   these QB aren't stupid and their careers are much longer now.

around a decade ago you could make 10mm a year as a top QB but your career length wasn't as long.  so you needed to cash in to make sure you had a decent nest egg for when you retired.

but given the rules around QB now, if you are good you can last much longer.  So why not take $30-35mm instead of killing the cap at $40mm if it allows to upgrade at another 2 positions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it's obvious.  start a company called sd14 for performance enhancing products (water) and sell to the jets for about 10 million a year.

and marry a rich girl.

if Sam plays well the next few weeks hopefully we can get rid of some of this negativity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy masked potatoes batman, put down the pipe!

dc comics dance GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I think he was trying to be funny, although it is certainly hard to tell.

hard to tell?

talking about paying Sam Darnold 40mm per year but then saying we could only get a second rounder for him?

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

how is our GM going to handle the roster in a few years when we have to pay Sam $40mm/year for a contract extension?  probably best to trade him now especially coming off the player of the week honors.

maybe package Jamal and Sam for a first round pick?  what can we realistically get for Sam now?  Rosen went for a second so it has to be at least that much right?

 

 

 

This Guy!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to give you the laugh like, but the execution just wasn't there. 

 

Im Out GIF by Shark Tank

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...